• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

People Movers verses Tramzillas

I won't go into detail as yet, I'm formulating evil armchair imagineering plans here that'll I'll share at a much later date... But I need info to pull some bluesky down to earth.

Can anyone provide me with real world throughput figures for the People movers and the current Parking Structure to Esplanade Trams? I think we had a few approximations flying around for the old PM previously - it could eat over 1000 at one time, around 5000 guests per hour. It's about half a mile long?

What I would like to know however is some harder figures for the PM and also for comparison, the throughput figures for the trams. Things that would help me...

PM:
    Distance traversed, Time for a round trip, number of guests per hour.

Tram:
    Distance traversed, Time for a one way trip, number of guests per load, number of loads per hour.

And anything else you can think of that would give us a fair and reasoned comparison between the two systems.

Little help?
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• 88 mph

Re: People Movers verses Tramzillas

I've remembered a thread about peoplemovers replacing the trams. However, people had come to the decision the commotion broken down peoplemovers would cause. But should be interesting on what you come up with.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    I've remembered a thread about peoplemovers replacing the trams. However, people had come to the decision the commotion broken down peoplemovers would cause. But should be interesting on what you come up with.
    Yeah I remember that thread. My reasons are still top secret, but not as simple as PMs replacing trams. I need a comparison of the two systems for two different places in my evil empire. Big plans.... maybe you will join us so you don't need to be some of the first up against the wall... I've said to much....
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

I posted a figure... let me find that thread.

Tandem loading with a full complement of trams pretty much dominates anything by a LOT, but it's rare to see that. Peoplemover was more like 3000 I believe.