Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Raising Annual Passport-How much would you go??

I remember the days of Premium Parking that came with the AP. It was so handy to get the trading cards...pull in, park, run to the nearest store, get card...get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    How much would you be willing to spend on an Annual Pass that would allow:
    1. Unlimited fast pass per A.P
    2. Sectioned off Parking for A.P within walking distance!
    3. Priority seating to all Disney owned restuarants. With only 1 hour
    notice.
    4. Once a year Dining at Club 33 with 1 guest per card. (real kicker!)
    5. Weekend getaways at the Disneyland resort Hotels. (40% discounts)
    may vary..
    6. Discounts on shopping, casual dining, tours, etc.
    7. Bring back A.P nights- Behind the scenes!
    Please add more.

Cost: $500-800
    The type of AP you desribed above should run about $2,500 for adults. Maybe $1,500 for children age 3 to 9.

AP's as they are priced now are way below market value in my opinion. The Premium should be about $600 for both parks, the Deluxe about $450, and then they should get rid of the SoCal cheap-o ones. If a day at Disneyland really costs $63 for casual visitors, then AP's need to be a lot more expensive than they currently are.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    The type of AP you desribed above should run about $2,500 for adults. Maybe $1,500 for children age 3 to 9.
    $2,500 may be a bit high but I agree that $500 is still way too low if you got all those perks. Its needs to be priced high enough and limited to a certain number, or FP lines will get too big and too many people will heol them.

I think that even though APs in general are reasonably priced especially the SoCal ones, everything has to be weighed. Honestly a lot of money generated by the parks is from food and merchandise, a lower AP means more disney fans visit the parks more often and spend money. If the price was too high to weed a lot of those people out, they lose revenue on other items.

I am sure lunch on the typical weekly Sunday meet and drinks at the Cove bar (when it happens to be open) are worth it for them to charge a lower price because of the food revenue.

• official corn dog taster

i want AP's to have discounts on tickets for WDW...that would be cool...or discounts on travel packages for WDW
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

For every AP who claims they always drop a ton of cash on every visit to Disneyland, there is an AP who secretly packs carrot sticks and peanut butter sandwiches in their backpack.

Next time around Noon, check out the patio tables at the Plaza Garden, the lower level of the Hungry Bear Restaurant, or the perimeter of Tomorrowland Terrace. I always see little OC Housewives there with their smuggled in food for the kiddies, enjoying a day at Disneyland with their AP's because it beats sitting around the master planned community on days when there is no soccer practice to go to. You can bet they all have AP's, as they look local and have none of the usual tourist accoutrement. They eat a casual lunch since they are in no hurry to do anything in particular; they have already been on Pirates of the Carribbean 8 times this calendar year alone.

I've noticed they also always tend to find tables on the periphery of restaurant dining areas, or in locations like Plaza Gardens where there is no immediate restaurant. Deep down they know they are freeloading and they can't exactly march right into the middle of the Plaza Inn and set up shop right under the CM's noses. So they slink off to corners and out of the way sections of dining patios and roll out the Ziploc Buffet there instead.

I'm amazed Disneyland lets these women smuggle in the food, but that's a whole other thread.

For every AP who claims they are a big spender, there's an AP camped out at a table in Plaza Gardens passing out smuggled food to their family of AP's.

Don't be too surprised if AP's go up sometime soon. Recently, my premium AP was up for renewal and I went online to do it because I didn't have the mailed renewal materials with me right then. I was shocked when I put 1 premium AP in the shopping cart and proceeded to the checkout, where it showed the cost of the premium AP as being $408 (or $388 because of the $20 discount for renewing online). Of course, I cancelled the transaction and ultimately renewed by mail, as the mailer had the old price on it. Later, I went on the DL website to check prices and it showed the old prices on the information page. It may have just been a fluke that the higher price came up when I tried to renew, but, I think it came up that way because new prices are in their system just waiting to be launched.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Annual passport perks are great, and as a Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder I'd love some of those perks and would be willing to pay for some them.

That being said, if I were merely a one day visitor, I would be pretty miffed if I saw annual passholders getting special treatment over me. One day park tickets aren't cheap either.

Special parking? Special lines to get in? Being able to make priority seating reservation ahead of people who just may be there for the day ot two? Unlimited fastpasses? Next it will be suggested that people that aren't APs need to ride at the back of the tram.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Rock Star Minion

AP's as they are priced now are way below market value in my opinion. The Premium should be about $600 for both parks, the Deluxe about $450, and then they should get rid of the SoCal cheap-o ones. If a day at Disneyland really costs $63 for casual visitors, then AP's need to be a lot more expensive than they currently are.
    IMO:
    1. The Premium needs to be eliminated, since no one should be getting in for relatively free when there are plenty of tourists who will pay $30-$80 to get in.
    2. The other AP prices need to be increased.
    3. DCA needs to pull its own weight (or prove it can't), and one- and two-park AP's.
    4. I don't think any other perks are necessary. Perhaps if DL sucked, more benefits would be required in order to sucker people into buying AP's. But this is obviously not the case.

For every AP who claims they always drop a ton of cash on every visit to Disneyland, there is an AP who secretly packs carrot sticks and peanut butter sandwiches in their backpack....
    Probably four or five, not just one.
    Last edited by sediment; 04-03-2007 at 01:16 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12