Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Why not some seperate entrances?

Two things that I've noticed are sorely needed at Disneyland yet I don't see them happening and I'd like to find out why.

First, they need to have a "no baggage only" line for guests who don't have any bags to inspect. I never carry any bags and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that it really sucks having to wait in line for bag inspection when you have no bag to inspect.

Second, why not have certain entrance gates designated for AP's? They used to have certain gates for AP's and it seemed that these gates went faster because we always had our passes out and ready to scan. Now, we have to wait with people who can't find their tickets or are using the wrong tickets and other annoying factors. I know there is a lot of AP holders now compated to back in the day but I think if they designate certain gates for AP's only it would certainly make it easier to get into the park.

Two cents anyone?

• white and nerdy

Re: Why not some seperate entrances?

Here is two cents.

1. I agree with the bag thing. It works that way at Disney World.

2. I disagree with the separate AP entrance. Can't stand to wait with the commoners who may have to shuffle their tickets? Would that really hurt your day in any real way? It seems to me that if you disperse the AP holders throughout all the lines, it would off set the others who don't know what they are doing.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    Two cents anyone?
    Here's mine.

Both of your ideas have been discussed at length here before, and the conclusion was that, while perhaps convenient to those who would use them, it would complicate and slow the entire process (which is counter-productive, since both are meant to speed things up).

For baggage check, there will always be confused guests with bags that will try to go through the "no bag" line. And for groups that have some people with bags and some without, it won't matter anyway because everyone will have to wait for those with bags.

Similarly, an "AP-only" entrance would confuse tourists, who will try to use it, and furthermore I doubt that such an entrance would be much of a benefit, given just how many annual passholders there are on a given day.

In a nutshell - nice ideas, but they just wouldn't work.

• A Pirate's life for me!

I agree 100%.

We used to use the AP Gate when they had one.

Non-Ap'ers look at it this way...

Without all of us mean and nasty AP'er's in YOUR line, YOUR line will be shorter!

Makes sense to me!

Of course, there are those that willl join the band wagon and complain that "us AP'er's" are just looking for more "privileges" out of our AP.

Hey, if it wasn't available to ANYONE that wanted one, you might have a point. But it is not. ANYONE can have one.

AP "benefits" are just that...BENEFITS for AP'er's.

AP'er's are no better than anyone else, and I certainly don't act like my sh** doesn't stink because I have an AP. I have never "waved it around" while demanding special perks that are not included in the list of benefits which are publicly displayed anywhere that they are offered.

Sure there are AP'er's that are jerks and NON-AP'er's that are jerks. That's life!

But membership does have its privileges. Fact of life, in ALL walks of life.

Golf Clubs, Yacht Clubs, Gyms, etc...

Something as simple as an AP exclusive entry gate makes sense, just as dining and merchandise discounts, free parking (when included), special offers, newsletters, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Similarly, an "AP-only" entrance would confuse tourists, who will try to use it.

In a nutshell - nice ideas, but they just wouldn't work.

Well, it's not the AP'er's fault that tourists or "non-AP'er's" can't read the sign above the entry gate that clearly states, "ANNUAL PASSHOLDER ENTRANCE ONLY".

Besides, from what I recall, the AP entrance was off to one side or the other, and not mixed in with all of the other ones.

• Defying gravity

What happens when the lines stretch all the way back into the esplanade? Silly tourists, not knowing any better, accidentally get in the AP line. Then, they get up into the front of the line and it turns out that they have park hoppers. Does the CM send them to the end of a regular line or allow them to cut the regular line since they already waited? Maybe we need a giant flashing sign that says "Annual Passholders Only. All Else Will Perish."

I'm a proud AP, it's just that the logistics don't seem to add up.....

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Well, it's not the AP'er's fault that tourists or "non-AP'er's" can't read the sign above the entry gate that clearly states, "ANNUAL PASSHOLDER ENTRANCE ONLY".
    It may not be the AP'er's fault, but if the situation as described by DisneyPrincess above keeps happening, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    What happens when the lines stretch all the way back into the esplanade? Silly tourists, not knowing any better, accidentally get in the AP line. Then, they get up into the front of the line and it turns out that they have park hoppers. Does the CM send them to the end of a regular line or allow them to cut the regular line since they already waited?

There is no doubt in my mind that situation would come up.

Just look at the grocery stores with their 10 items or less lines.

Some people go through life in a daze, or they just don't care.

With the proper signage (maybe even a sandwich board sign, which DL uses plenty of), clearly stating the AP part, and with the entry gate off to one end or the other (and not mixed in with the other ones), that SHOULD cut down on the confusion.

If it was properly posted, and non AP'er's still hang out in that line, then they should be turned away and sent to the PROPER entrance area.

Maybe next time they will pay more attention.

I don't recall any non-AP'er's in the AP entry line in the past, but I wasn't standing guard either.

Nothings perfect...Not even our beloved DL! (OMG, did I just say that!)

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    Here is two cents.

1. I agree with the bag thing. It works that way at Disney World.

2. I disagree with the separate AP entrance. Can't stand to wait with the commoners who may have to shuffle their tickets? Would that really hurt your day in any real way? It seems to me that if you disperse the AP holders throughout all the lines, it would off set the others who don't know what they are doing.
    You took the words right of my mouth. Ditto man.

• Minion

They experimented with the AP entrance, and it didn't work out. As for "no bags" line, it won't work. Why? Because people with bags will stil get in the line "But its JUST a camera" or "Its not a bag, its my purse". I don't carry a bag. It would be a great idea, but I can see all the pitfalls. Besides, most of us who come without a bag still have someone who does have a bag. So, now you go thru the no bags line and race over to get in the entrance line while the rest of the party goes thru the bags line, then when they join you at the front of the gate, people give you the evil eye. So, just wait in the line, its usually only 2-3 mins even during Christmas.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind that situation would come up.

Just look at the grocery stores with their 10 items or less lines.

Some people go through life in a daze, or they just don't care.

With the proper signage (maybe even a sandwich board sign, which DL uses plenty of), clearly stating the AP part, and with the entry gate off to one end or the other (and not mixed in with the other ones), that SHOULD cut down on the confusion.

If it was properly posted, and non AP'er's still hang out in that line, then they should be turned away and sent to the PROPER entrance area.

Maybe next time they will pay more attention.

I don't recall any non-AP'er's in the AP entry line in the past, but I wasn't standing guard either.

Nothings perfect...Not even our beloved DL! (OMG, did I just say that!)

Yeah but they still have trouble with people cutting just to get in the parking structure when certain lines are closed with the red X lights and others are open.

• Minion

For a long time I have thought they should add a no bags line.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    They experimented with the AP entrance, and it didn't work out. As for "no bags" line, it won't work. Why? Because people with bags will stil get in the line "But its JUST a camera" or "Its not a bag, its my purse". I don't carry a bag. It would be a great idea, but I can see all the pitfalls. Besides, most of us who come without a bag still have someone who does have a bag. So, now you go thru the no bags line and race over to get in the entrance line while the rest of the party goes thru the bags line, then when they join you at the front of the gate, people give you the evil eye. So, just wait in the line, its usually only 2-3 mins even during Christmas.
    Or you could go in through the Monorail. I went last Thursday for a quick trip and went on through there. Wasn't carrying my purse so I walked right passed the table with the CM checking the bags and I wasn't told to stop. Honestly, what can they do if you walk on through and have no type of bag on you at all whatsoever?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    As for "no bags" line, it won't work. Why? Because people with bags will stil get in the line "But its JUST a camera" or "Its not a bag, its my purse". I don't carry a bag. It would be a great idea, but I can see all the pitfalls. Besides, most of us who come without a bag still have someone who does have a bag. So, now you go thru the no bags line and race over to get in the entrance line while the rest of the party goes thru the bags line, then when they join you at the front of the gate, people give you the evil eye. So, just wait in the line, its usually only 2-3 mins even during Christmas.

Good points!

Patience is a virtue.
    "My coattails are getting dirty." -Brandon Flowers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast