Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

• The future is upon us

Oh btw, here is a little vid from the event. Its nothing great at all. The second singer is someone different. I didn't catch who it was but she sounded great!

http://disneyforever.com/media/dl/disney_mania.wmv

• Vehicle rotating backward

Wow. She threw an offhand remark that someone within earshot caught. Wow. Next thing you know, you'll find Burger King employees at Taco Bell in their uniforms or something.

Oh, wait.

I agree with innerSpaceman. I mean, if it was live, I could understand, but she knew that it wouldn't be picked up on cameras or would be edited out, so played it a little more free-form.

As for DL/WDW confusion, I care even less since 90% of the public does that except for people who care deeply about either Disney, theme parks, or their rides.

Yes, not everyone who works at Disney has some huge love for the company's history or treats it like something special. However, current leadership have made it into nothing special anymore, so I can't say I blame them. Personally, I don't care for the company pushing teen singers. Didn't care for it with Annette and don't care for it now. They do it because it's easy money.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    Aw, man, brings back memories of gettin' the wooden spoon when I got busted...
    I broke that when my mom gave it to me! :devil:
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

First of all....hey everybody. I haven't seen a lot of you guys since the days of MousePlanet when Al was there. A shot out to Innerspaceman for that wonderful open bar you hosted for me and my friend at the Disneyland Hotel a few years back.

Okay...now back to the subject.

I've never gotten the attitude that several celebritys have. Now, I'm in a different position having always grown up around famous people. My first job was working for George Lucas when I was still a teenager...

Basically, acting is a job. It's a great job. But it’s a privileged job. And many stars forget that, because the industry is set up in a way where some dork on a reality show is more important then a doctor working on a cure for cancer.

Funny story: Yesterday I was at the Disneyland Resort, and a family from Texas asked me to take their camera and snap a picture of them in front of the castle. I love doing that, so it was no problem. After I had taken the picture, the dad asked "Hey....you look really familiar, were you in that LeAnn Rimes video?". I was kind of astonished, because I had indeed acted in a LeAnn Rimes video 6 years ago. Since no one in California really watches country music videos, and I had long since shifted my career to the producing/writing end of the industry...it took me by surprise that someone would recognize me from that. The whole family, apparently, were HUGE LeAnn fans and they had their autograph books and each one asked me for one. I admit, I was a little embarrassed, but was flattered and of course signed them. Then they asked me what I was doing recently (ironically, I'm writing a feature for Disney) and what it was like to work with LeAnn (she's a sweetheart, no pressure…a good friend and even more surreal that she just recorded the 50th anthem) and then each individual family member wanted a picture with me. All in all, even though I was there at Disneyland by myself to have fun, it took 45 minutes out of my night. But I was happy to do it. They were hysterically excited....it was so weird for me. I started to tell them all sorts of cool things that Disney is doing for the 50th...trying to actually shift their excitement back in the park, and not to me, nervousness I guess. But it really made their trip, and I was happy to spend the time to do it, because I'm truly blessed to even have had those experiences. Now, of course, I’m not a big star or anything…but even if I was, I would know that having that kind of public image means that those people are basically your paycheck. It’s a sacrifice you willingly make, and it’s YOUR JOB to be respectful and honor that! I'm by nature rather humble, so although I think it's kind of embarrassing to me personally, I would NEVER say that to the public, no matter what. They'll keep those pictures forever. I'll forget about it in a month. Do stars get that? Sadly, they don't.

I've worked with huge academy award winning actors who have threatened to walk off the set because they wanted their 3rd makeup artist to be paid, when there is only a budget for 2. That's insane. Being a producer now, I bring them back to earth by saying, "hey, you know most people on this movie are getting paid $12/hr, you're getting 1.5 million? This isn't a real job! You should be HAPPY to have it. If you're not having fun, why are you doing this? Do you see how it makes the $12/hr people angry, and in turn makes a bad experience for everyone, and as a result a bad movie?" If they’re good people, they’ll get my point. Most of them are, and most of them do, and their work turns out great once they've landed back on earth. The ones that don’t, I don’t work with again. And that would go for anyone who thinks that they’re entitled to something. No one is. You work for it. Once you lose that respect of other people, or your company, it will plant a seed that will eventually bring you down. It happens to every single diva in Hollywood. Eventually, it catches up to them.

Company loyalty IS important. I would never go on these boards and publicly leak info about projects I've been privileged to know about. Granted, I used to when I wasn't getting a check from Disney, but now that I am....I'm grateful...and I’m family. Raven should take a look at Annette and see how she respected her fans and her company. Being an individual is important, but not when you're representing a legacy ‘on-stage’, ESPECIALLY in front of the fans. But she's 19. I wasn't that stupid at 19, but hey...you don't always have a grasp of things when you're that young. Being famous takes you to another plane of reality. But it's fake.

Although I can't say anything specific about the Narnia movies, I will say that what I've seen looks amazing....and pure Disney. Good....old school Disney magic. Something I'm honored to have the privilege of adhering to with my own movie (Christmas 2006 if anyone's curious...I wish I could say more...)

The point is, I was ‘on stage’ in the fact that I used to be an actor, am now being paid by Disney, and was approached by guests in the park who knew who I was. I could’ve just shrugged them off and gone on the Matterhorn, but I knew it was my responsibility, now working for the company, that (even if I hadn’t wanted to) I should try and make the best guest experience I could. I’m proud of the park, the company, and it’s legacy. I’m thrilled I can try and help in some way to get some good material back out there worthy of the history. And I would NEVER say to anyone to go to Magic Mountain. Well maybe until Buzz and Space open it IS a better value…KIDDING!

Point is, Raven's job was to represent her *very* generous company. And she failed with her commitment by her comment. Hopefully she'll learn, or she'll find it hard down the road. Respect goes both ways....

Great job with the boards guys. I'll try and post when I can....

• Huh?

Do we know yet if Disney is actually aware of this comment yet?

Reminder of last time this happened: That person never worked at Disney again.

Of course, when Nancy Kerrigan said that she couldn't believe she was doing that and that was the stupidest thing she had ever done, she had a microphone turned on during a live broadcast of the parade for all to hear.

If this isn't such a widely heard thing and it's kept pretty hush-hush, she'll probably just get nothing more than a slap on the hand and continue churning out the usual.
    -Tim

• Intercontinental champion

Aren't we just looking for things to get upset about? She's 19, she made a mistake. I don't see what the outcry is over. Unfortunately, she's also correct, nowadays most 19 year olds would prefer to go to Six Flags than Disneyland.

I was also sick of the big Raven push when it started, but after watching a couple of episodes, it's obvious she is talented. And making fat jokes? That's just out of line. Cut her some slack. She made a mistake.

Houston

At least Christy Carlson-R. wouldnt do somthing like that .. Shes acually good and loves the Disney brand .. not like Raven =oP gonna leave a bad taste in my mouth now ..
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

Don't know the specifics, but was she at DCA when she made the comment? If so, wouldn't it make perfect sense to hit up Six Flags?

David H
    Come on baby lite my fire: www.spreadFireFox.com

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Hey, After Raven gets the boot from Disney maybe she can get a job being the new dancing geek with the bus for the Six Flags ads....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    You know who needs to to it? Their mom.
    And their publicists. That rude little tween needs some serious media training, stat.

If she didn't want to name a Disney attraction (quelle horreur!
    ), she should have said something gracious and non-commital such as "Gosh, that's a tough question. I don't think I could possibly choose!" and moved on.

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith157
    Do you think Eisner's gonna have her killed? :devil:
    He seems to hate DL so much maybe he told her to say that

Um, I'm 19 and still go to Disneyland. I don't know what her problem is.

She's always been kind of annoying as an actor.

• Huh?

Yeah... 19 really doesn't have a whole lot to do with it. I know of plenty of people between the ages of 15-25 who'd rather go to a Disney park than to Six Flags -- even if they don't hang out at the Dis boards constantly.

As for her acting abilities, she was much better on the Cosby Show and the Dr. Dolittle movies. Now? Seems like all she does is the over-reacting routine.
    -Tim

• I like Cheese...

I have to believe that a lot of these kids (the actors) are simply spoiled brats. they've probably been coddled along, with mommy and daddy doing whatever they can to try to ensure the kids success, meanwhile the kids learn quickly how to behave to manipulate the situation to get what they want. Then you end up with self absorbed spoiled kids that aren't smart enough to avoid bitting the hand that feeds them, and haven't any real appreciation for what they have until its gone, then later we get to read about so-and-so teen actor gone bad in People Magazine.

Blame the parents.

OK this is my opinion so please don't flame me in any way.. lol

No offense to anyone but I really think some of you are overreacting.

Seriously, Raven can decide whether to state her own opinion or not. It's not affecting anyone TOO MUCH. Yeah Raven should've been a little more "Disney-Like" when answering these questions instead of being herself but I just see it as a matter of opinion. Some people are taking her answer into their own minds and turning it around into a "Raven Hates Disney and is ignorant" because she didn't answer with an expected one. They totally blow it out of proportion when really it's not that big of a deal. It probaly is to some people on this board because it's obviously a Disney fan site. I mean sure, I'm not really happy with her answer either but... it's not like I'm starting to hate her because of somethign she said.

Another Disney Channel star was not so happy to be there as well. Lizzie McGuire's Lalaine was also very rude I hear. She yelled at crew. She complained about her feet and offered to trade shoes with someone in the audience only if they were "Chucks" from Converse. She also warned children of the evils of coffee. She kept on yelling at the director referring to him as "The Man" when he asked that she do another take or repeat something. She snapped at one of her own back-up dancers and later at Downtown Disney she tried to disguise herself from fans that apparently weren't there by wearing a big hat and sunglasses at night while being lead around by a Disney CM and a security guard
    Yeah YOU'VE HEARD but is it true? Obviously we don't know so please don't be so judgemental. That could've been started by some person who is racist to Filipinos or just basically hates her. By saying such an unreliable comment, you've started a whole chain of haters on Lalaine.

It's just ridiculous to me how people are EXTREMELY judgemental on a prominent idol like Raven from one comment. It's not like she WANTED to insult Disney. I mean, I can't say that she wanted to or not but, people are thinking that she did and basing it own their own opinion. Then they start bashing on her acting skills because she "insulted" Disney in their mind. How can you know if she wanted to if you don't even know her? It was shown as a disrespectable answer to many of us but to her, it was probaly seen as just answering a fan's question without meaning to cause harm.
    Last edited by RealEmotionFFX2; 02-13-2005 at 12:26 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast