Thread: NFFC Questions

• It's all nonsense

NFFC Questions

I was thinking of joining the NFFC and was wondering if anyone here was a member? If so, how do you like it?
    I've heard of the cool convention that goes on yearly at DLR, but does the group do any other events during the year?

Thanks.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: NFFC Questions

What's the NFFC?

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    What's the NFFC?

http://www.nffc.org/Default.asp

Never heard of that before, don't think I would join, but that's just me.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Oh ok. That's a good question. I don't know, but I am just as interested as finding out as you are...

• Mousketeer

I am a member of the national org. They send me a nice newsletter and hold really great conventions.

If you look at what they are offering this year at the summer convention it's pretty impressive.

I met and had a few conversations last fall with the president of the organization. She is really a great person and everyone I met in the org. was great.

I am not involved in my local chapter though. too busy.

I've been a member of the NFFC for a long time, since 1992, and it's been a great part of my life that I wouldn't trade for anything. I've been to most of the conventions during those years. At conventions, you have the chance to hear past Disney legends speak as well as current Disney creative folk. I treasure all the special times listening to the legends and others tell stories about working with Walt, or creating favorite attractions or films, and often getting to meet them. Of course, many of these dear people are gone now. There are all kinds of other fun activities and things at conventions. Keep checking the website, more of the speakers and activities will continue to be announced as they get confirmed. I've heard there will potentially be some exciting guests and things for the upcoming convention if it all pans out. Sometimes Disney also puts on special things for us, too that are awesome. Things like a special evening in DL one year, showing a film to us before it was released, etc. As great as all of that is, probably the most treasured thing is all of the great friends that I've met and made through NFFC. Many of these friends are so close that they are like family. The thing about these Internet communities is that it's largely anonymous and a somewhat superficial interaction. Not that there isn't some value to them. But, what is really satisfying to me is real interaction with people who are more than just a screen-name somewhere.

I've also been involved in the local Los Angeles Chapter since the current incarnation of it began in 1994, both as a member and in various capacities on the board. It is a small group, but, again, some of my most cherished friendships have sprung from that group. There is a larger chapter in Orange County, and for those in other places, there are many other chapters around the U.S. and around the world. One can always give it a try and see if it's for them.