Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Disneyland

• Conductor on Retlaw 1 Car

Old Disneyland

What old attractions or items would you like to see brought back to Disneyland. Should they go into DCA to boost attendance or back to Disneyland. Ideas how to update rides. Should Disneyland move to a new location where they would have more land?
    I am thinking that the park is to small right now. Unlike Disney World Disneyland is to small. The submarine ride needs to be larger and feature some real fish and plant life. I as the rest of you have not been on the new ride so I can't say how real it looks. However the last time I rode the ride it looked faker then when I was young and was a real disappointment to me. Maybe another thing they could do is expand the ride into the old motor boat area.
    Another thing that disappoints me is the stopping of the firing of the guns at the hippos. I think PETA ruins to many things for future generations. I support some of the things PETA does but some are to radical for me. You know Hippos kill more people then sharks or crocodiles. Plus that was a historic thing that was done sine the rides opening.
    Disney trains are great but why can't they bring back closed cars that look like old time cars. I have ridden on and worked on the Retlaw one cars and they are great besides slow loading times and small passenger amounts. Disney has all those imaginer's and one could come up with a solution to incorporate both.
    How about combining both parks together and raise ticket prices a few dollars. To add to the train thing make the train run into both parks.
    Disney doesn't need more pirate things besides maybe a pirate restaurant. Keep Tom Sawyers Island and refinish it back to 1850's like before Fantasmic. Fantasmic ruined the island and the appearance of it. Maybe come up with more ways of crossing it and going around it.

Re: Old Disneyland

What the heck does Peta have to do with it? I would imagine that they discontinued it as it sends out the wrong messages to children. Alot of mothers would agree on that even if they don't agree on vegetarianism.

From what I have heard they really were vocal in the removing of the pistols. I am pro gun and hunting so I see guns as a useful tool where most mothers in Orange County see then in negative light. Your right maybe it was mothers and not Peta. However guns are in other parts of the park like the shooting gallery. I can't believe that Walt would put 22s in the gallery leaving it unsupervised

Interesting that they would remove some guns and not all...but how do you have a frontier type land and not include them,it might happen one day...
    I am anti gun and anti hunting and a vegetarian so I am glad they don't "shoot" the hippos anymore. But I do like the old school rides. To each his own.
    Last edited by VWCat; 04-04-2007 at 05:44 PM. Reason: grammar

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by VWCat View Post
    I would imagine that they discontinued it as it sends out the wrong messages to children.
    More crap political correctness

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Um... on Sunday they were shooting the hippos... I assume you mean on the Jungle Cruise?

I want that shrinking ride to come back.
    And the Peoplemover, of course!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Cool,it hasn't changed then! NickCharles you don't even know me, I am sooo not politicially correct...so keep your snide comments to yourself.

I'm not sure the whole shooting question is really one of political correctness. I don't think the issue was guns, rather it was what was being shot at. In the galleries, people can shoot at targets, be it doors, cans, bottles, tree stumps, gravestones, etc. but with hippos its another matter.

Many species of hippo, at least from what I remember from my trips to the Zoo, were endangered species and heavy targets of poaching. I suppose with Disney adding Animal Kingdom and becoming strong animal advocates, this was not seen in such a fancy-free way. I've noticed many Jungle Cruise skippers who make it a point to shoot at the Hippos, but not the Hippos themselves, trying to maintain the appearance of scaring, rather than killing the animals.

Killing wild animals for human pleasure trips and hunting expeditions is not seen in the same light as it once was. After threats of extinction became real, people learned to get over this cruel behavior and to start acknowledging these creatures as beautiful wonders of our world. Casually shooting a hippo is becoming increasingly taboo.

I like the fact that the guns are still used, but I much prefer them being shot in the air as warnings, rather than at the hippos themselves. Yes, I realize they are not real hippos, but we need to maintain the message that our wild friends must be respected, not used.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Supermom

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I want that shrinking ride to come back.
    And the Peoplemover, of course!
    Me too! I want to be the size of a snowflake again!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I skimmed a lot of this as I am in a hurry. So I am sorry if this has already been mentioned. For a long time they stopped using the guns on the Jungle Cruise altogether. They used to shoot the hippos, and then they stopped doing it out of political correctness. Then, someone had the bright idea of using the guns again, only with an explanation that they are scaring them off. A simple to solution to an otherwise sensitive -- for some people -- issue.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

PeopleMover, Innerspace, America Sings...

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

PeopleMover, Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Motor Boat Cruise, Rocket Jets back up on the third level and remove and destroy the observatron - what a joke that thing is. Ugliest piece of you know what I have ever seen.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Tractor View Post
    The submarine ride needs to be larger and feature some real fish and plant life.
    Unfortunately chlorine doesn't play real nice with real fish and plant life.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    PeopleMover, Innerspace, America Sings...
    Ahh, I get it, bring back TommorrowLand.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

That is good to know the guns are back. I haven't been to Disneyland in 6 years due to reasons of not liking things Disney has done in the parks

•   
    • Senior Minion

PETA is a terrorist organization.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast