View Poll Results: Is Kingdom Hearts in the park a bad idea?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 23.66%
  • NO

55 59.14%
  • Yes, but with limitaions

16 17.20%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• white and nerdy

Re: Kingdom Hearts in the parks

Quote Originally Posted by Mtsplash View Post
    I don't think there should be another movie based attraction in disneyland for a while. Let alone a video game based one..........

My 200th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of course, it would be innovative, the worlds first (?) video game inspired attraction. Think of the possibilities with interaction.

Of course, there probably is video game attractions out there, but Disney could say it was the first, just like they say that Disneyland was the first Theme Park.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

I messed up the poll...it should say...Should kingdom hearts be represented in the parks?
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ I don't think they ever claimed to be the 1st theme park. Just a public misconception. It's probably considered the 1st theme park OF ITS KIND. But not the 1st in the world or America. Which is where Knott's Berry Farm comes in. In fact, I read Mr. and Mrs. Knott went to Disneyland on its opening day.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

what if it was in one of the other parks?

Like would this work in Tokyo Disney...MGM/Pixar Studios...or maybe even California Adventure?
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

The fear of change is what leads to future angers about subpar changes anyway. *hint, Tomorrowland redux* Let it be done right and it will be okay. Complain about it and you will marginalize it to where no one will be happy about it.

Kingdom Hearts is Disney, it has everything that can possibly make it even bigger than it already is. And the merchandise potential is going to waste when people complain about change. There are princesses, and heroes, love and lost, and really really cool swords, or keyblades .

It's the only game I've ever played and I would love to see Sora in the park.

• SimplyMad about SimplyMad

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Mad View Post
    It's the only game I've ever played and I would love to see Sora in the park.
    Kingdom Hearts on the GameBoy Advanced is still the only videogame that my wife has played to completion (though she does own Thrillville on the PS2). We also own KH and KH II for the PS2, which our 9 year old loves to play. With the popularity of the video games, I don't see any reason why my family shouldn't be able to meet and greet Sora when we visit the park!
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/svq6euz0zgrn5i44.png[/IMG]

• Dan Dan Carousel Man

I don't think most people realize actually how much of the Disney company is actually in KH in the first place. KH is secretly everywhere, just because DLR is all over KH.
    Biggest example: Keys. The Keyblade is the "key" prop from Kingdom Hearts (pardon the pun, I couldn't think of another word), and the Cast Members are told very fist and are regularly tested on the "four keys" which help to make the magic special for all the guests that visit DLR.

There are keys everywhere at DLR if you look for them. I see them all the time, and I didn't much care for the gameplay in KH.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

1. The poll is badly worded so you wont get a proper measure of votes.

2. Although I love KH, so cuuute! I don't think it makes a good theme for a particular part of DLR. The reason is that the game itself is a mish-mash of all things Disney. Other than the glue that holds it all together KH doesn't have its own solid theme. KH is more akin to the DLR itself, it's a premise for a disparate collection of things to all be in one place.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Dan Dan Carousel Man

Yeah, that's it... what you said.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I think KH works best in Tomorrowland only.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I think KH works best in Tomorrowland only.
    interesting.. Why is that?

I mean, the game isn't really futuristic (other than the gummi ship).

The meat of the game takes place in Cartoons like Alice, Peter Pan, etc. I think Fantasyland, or ToonTown, would be the natural choice.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    interesting.. Why is that?

I mean, the game isn't really futuristic (other than the gummi ship).

The meat of the game takes place in Cartoons like Alice, Peter Pan, etc. I think Fantasyland, or ToonTown, would be the natural choice.
    I was thinking Fantasyland after I posted but it's a video game which is really a part of technology/future. When videogames first started the graphics were horrible. Each year, the graphics look more and more real. Well, at least that's why I think it should be in TL anyway. May not be a good answer but that's what I think. Video games are intertwined with "tomorrow" because they're always evolving.

• Needs the smell of summer

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I was thinking Fantasyland after I posted but it's a video game which is really a part of technology/future. When videogames first started the graphics were horrible. Each year, the graphics look more and more real. Well, at least that's why I think it should be in TL anyway. May not be a good answer but that's what I think. Video games are intertwined with "tomorrow" because they're always evolving.
    So anything that is digitally animated would also belong in tomorrow land, because cg is computer based - or for that matter anything that is shot with a camera - because a camera is electronic, and based in technology. The method of telling the story has nothing to do with the story itself.

I would love to see Kingom Hearts characters in the parks, probably DCA or a studios style park. I think it would be cool to do a deeply immersive exiblit where Sora Donald and Goofy explore the past, present, and future of animation by visiting different worlds that could change from time to time - but i guess thy already have an animation exibit

Sorry about the poll's wording...is there a way to fix it?

The history of animation is a cool idea....

Maybe Disney could also use it as a way to incorperate a ride using movies from their most recent renaissance?

As for the theme of kingdom hearts though...Of Course it has a stand alone theme!

Friendship, Love, Passion, Desire, Light, and Dark are all predominate themes in that game...It mixed the story telling of disney and square soft to create a story that is more complicated and riddled with underlying themes than some classic pieces of literature. The disney "worlds" just serve as a place for these themes to play out. They act as a catylst for the story.
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast