View Poll Results: Is Kingdom Hearts in the park a bad idea?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 23.66%
  • NO

55 59.14%
  • Yes, but with limitaions

16 17.20%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Kingdom Hearts in the parks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakus View Post
    So anything that is digitally animated would also belong in tomorrow land, because cg is computer based - or for that matter anything that is shot with a camera - because a camera is electronic, and based in technology. The method of telling the story has nothing to do with the story itself.
    Nevermind then, you totally didn't get where my point was coming from.

kh is the video game that made me into the gamer i am today. i know a few people that can agree with this statement. disneyland is heaven on earth to me. to combine the two???

omg! HECK YES!!! i would love to see them at the park. heck, even if it is for halloween, to see goofy, donald and maybe sora dressed in their garb from the vg, that would be really neat.

i'm all for a pin series!! and i dont' even collect pins!! i'd just buy them and then mount them and then frame them.

i don't think disney realizes the goldmine they could be sitting on by introducing it in that similar manner.

i'm just glad someone else on this board brought this up. i've thought about this since the game came out. heck - stick it in dca for all i care. just put it somewhere!!!
    kingdom hearts <3er

• Needs the smell of summer

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Nevermind then, you totally didn't get where my point was coming from.
    I guess I don't get where your coming from. I mean, video games are not futuristic, they are part of the present. And Kingdom Hearts is a story - the video game is a method of telling that story, so when you say that it is futuristic just becuase it is a video game, your point is lost on me. And my point is that what you said is the equivilant of saying that something belongs in tomorrow land because it is available on blu-ray disc.

I would think Fantasyland if they were in Disneyland, but I really think they would work better in another park altogether.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Does anyone else remember the idea being tossed around a long long time ago (honestly, I don't remember where I heard it) of a dark ride that combined a lot of disney rides?
    Incorperating newer films and not having to make individual rides for all of them, and then being able to change or expend the end scene depending on the newest releases?
    They could totally do that with KH. Take the gummi ship idea and let you fly from world to world
    I also like the idea of a simulator or even like a Spider Man (islands of Adventure) or Midway Madness kind of thing.
    Half simulator half dark ride. How cool would that be battling along side Sora, Donald and Goofy?!

That would be pretty awesome...and it really could combine all of the newer good movies...
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• Dan Dan Carousel Man

The history of animation is a cool idea....
    So wouldn't that put it in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot with the Animation building?

Yeah, could you imagine a spiderman like ride, that combines something like Philharmagic and Kingdom Hearts?
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• Queen Elsa

I would like to see it at Disneyland. Beside having a Sora meet and Greet why not have some others like.

Kairi (my all time favorite from the game.)
    Rikku
    Armor Hartless
    The mushroom like Heartless
    Axel
    Roax
    Diz
    and the one that has the getar of the O13. Can't think of his name right now.

• ...TWO BITS!

A maze in the MBC area themed to Kingdom Hearts! Kinda like The Alice Curious Labyrinth in DLP. Funny gags, statues, props, landscaping, water effects, meet n greets pin trading

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Shablagoo!

Oops I screwed up. I meant to vote that it would be a good idea. I voted yes by mistake.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Ok hmm...

As much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE this game...I really don't think it would be welcomed in the parks by the general populace. Mostly because the general populace is not as familiar with KH as we are, or I am even.

However, on the flip side, I would LOVE to see Pins and plushies of Donald and Goofy and even Sora in KH gear. As for the other non-disney (more FF) characters...I'm on the fence with that. Maybe on pins and some plushies.

For a meet and greet...around Halloween maybe. then again I don't know...this is all just my opinion. It might be more popular than I think.

But all in all would I love to see them in the parks?! ...HECK YEAH! I would bowl over small children just for a picture with Sora!

note: no small children were actually bowled over in the creation of this post...

• Grim Grinning Ghost

I think it would be great to have some sort of KH tie-in at Disneyland or DCA, whether it be a temp. maze/attraction, meet and greet, or even more merchandise besides just the game itself. But I do agree that it would probably be met with mixed feelings, but it would also have somewhat of a cult following amongst tourists and AP'ers. I also think the motor boat-cruise area would be the perfect place to have it, a lil bit of fantasy and a lil bit of technology, just a thought-

*Also, dont know if any of you fans of KH have seen the new extended secret ending from the Japanesse Kingdom Hearts 2:Final Mix, but it is................amazing, i think is the only word for it. So here check it out. ENJOY!!!!!-

The original secret ending-
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hlbrQLhNKzI"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/hlbrQLhNKzI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hlbrQLhNKzI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

The new extend fight scene w/ special appearance at end-
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ZwC4NRT36c"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/6ZwC4NRT36c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ZwC4NRT36c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I think it would be great to have some sort of KH tie-in at Disneyland or DCA, whether it be a temp. maze/attraction, meet and greet, or even more merchandise besides just the game itself. But I do agree that it would probably be met with mixed feelings, but it would also have somewhat of a cult following amongst tourists and AP'ers. I also think the motor boat-cruise area would be the perfect place to have it, a lil bit of fantasy and a lil bit of technology, just a thought-

*Also, dont know if any of you fans of KH have seen the new extended secret ending from the Japanesse Kingdom Hearts 2:Final Mix, but it is................amazing, i think is the only word for it. So here check it out. ENJOY!!!!!-

The original secret ending-
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hlbrQLhNKzI"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/hlbrQLhNKzI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hlbrQLhNKzI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The new extend fight scene w/ special appearance at end-
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ZwC4NRT36c"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/6ZwC4NRT36c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ZwC4NRT36c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    wo that just gave me chills there. Was that Sora & Riku there and does Mickey look mad. I can't say the word I like to say but you know what I mean. I do hope when ever it comes out it be for PS2 and not 3. I can't get a PS3 with how much it is.

• Banned User

Well considering that 2 Final Mix + is doing great all over the world (as in being important 80% mostly by americans) then I don't see why not.

If a movie is made, it would be premiered at DL (or TDL) and then they could expand the characters across the park, and eventually take up residence permantely somewhere in the park, a show, a ride, something.

So yes, I think they should.

Edit: and no, those three knights are three other characters. The guy at the end is Xehanort (you can see his eyes change from blue to orange)

Noruma said the third game, which is not going to be called KHIII, is going to take mostly in the past. Possibly exploring the history of Xehanort of him desiring the kingdom hearts.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

I don't see the harm in a new character or two roamin' the DL grounds, but any attraction would, I believe, have the majority of DL goers saying "wha...?". As I did when the "Kingdom Hearts inclusion threads" started popping up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast