Well my most favorite ride in the world would have to be Space Mountain. I'm not so sure if it's my most favorite Disneyland ride though...if that makes sense. When it comes to theming and the overall classic Disney feel to it, then I may have to go with Pirates of the Caribbean. It just isn't a perfect trip to Disneyland without a few rides on Pirates and that musty smell after those few drops inside...that is the best smell in the world! When I'm actually in Pirates, it feels like the spirit of Walt is there and I love that.
I can't relegate this to one - so I might put a couple/few here:
1. Matterhorn - love it at night, classic Disney - the one Walt rode.
2. Splash Mtn - love it in the Summertime especially - day or night. Love to ride the front and while wearing a tank top, throw my arms over the front and get splashed. Good times!
3. Big Thunder Mtn - just good fun
4. Space Mtn - I remember when it opened - so exciting still to this day.
5. PeopleMover - just good time to relax after riding all these others rides.
Haunted Mansion - Truely one of the greatest dark rides ever conceived. I love riding it at the end of the night right before closing when theres no one around, it gives me chills everytime. Every little detail throughout the ride tells a story and has its own myths and secrets. When I was little I would say that I was gonna buy Disneyland when I grew up and I would live in the HM......kinda odd for a little kid to say, but I still love it as much as I did back then and would still live in there today if I could.
Then I'd have to say either Splash Mountain or POTC tied for second, but it'd have to be pre-refurb, Capn' Jack addition and 1999-"PC" pirates chasing food not women
That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!
If I really had to choose I guess it would be space mountain. I love tomorrowland (even though its not what it used to be) and I love the track that plays in the SM queue, going up the spinning tunnle, blasting off, there is an excitement for me in that ride that I just dont get from the others.
My second choice would be storybook land, because I love the fantasy of those mini's, the sounds and true fantasy of that ride. Oh and I love the "everyone stand up together" part!
1. Soarin'. How could it not be? It's incredibly well-done and epic, and the music along with the view makes me cry every time.
2. Space Mountain. Loved it before they closed it, loved it even more when they reopened it. I had so much anticipation towards the new version, and I wasn't disappointed one bit!
3. California Screamin'. Just a blast! I adore the design of it, and the whole ride's a ton of fun.
4. Splash Mountain. The atmosphere and music can't be beat.