Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    I've taken one call on POTC, but I was with Micechatters and we were trying to hook up with one more (so no one seemed to mind). Other than that, I just check for messages on a regular basis, because normally I can't hear the darn thing ring anyway. But it is a necessary evil when it comes to our group meets!
    I agree they are a neccessary evil, especially when we have fourteen mice chatters trying to coordinate ourselves throughout the park. But I always feel it's kind of rude to just chat on your cell when you're with a group ANYWHERE, not just at DL. You can convey info quickly and then return to the people you're hanging out with, that's just manners!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• That one girl.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    dbc got a call on HM once... we had been trying to meet up with a friend... the ride was stopped but it was still embarassing!! She answered it and conducted business as quickly as she could but we were still like, Ooops....

oh I'm "dbc" now. haha.

anyway, I was scared to answer it in front of Madame Liota. I thought she may put a hex on me or something. But thankfully the ride was stopped when my phone rang. But still embarrassing nonetheless.
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

• Disney worshipper/geek

I usually put mine on vibrate, silent on the actual attraction. On Grad Nite, though, I forgot to, and I had it on Vibrate and High because I never can hear it otherwise. My mom was a chaperone and she went shopping with one of the teachers and called me while i was on Pinnochio to ask if I wanted the Graduation Stitch doll. It was weird to have the theme to '***** Eye for the Straight Guy' playing in the middle of the ride...
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

I always turn off the ringer on my phone when I am on the tram heading to the park ... if I go with a group that splits up I will keep it on vibrate ...

the beeps I hear from walkie-talkies bothers me more then a ringing cell phone, especially when I am waiting for the parade, fantasmic, or fireworks ... the beeps happen every other minute ... "where are?" *beep beep* ... "Look for me by the (fill-in-the-blank)" *beep beep* ... "You still can't see me" *beep beep* "Are you over here yet?" *beep beep* ... lol

• Banned User

I use my cell phone for the internet at WDW to send live pictures to my site. No shame in that!

• I won't grow up!

I am such a slave to my phone! I awlays have it one vibrate while in the park - but am checking it constantly!!

For some reason missing that pointless call from so and so makes me shiver...

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• How's your conscience?

I always carry my phone, but usually off. I keep it for emergencies, and if anyone wants to contact me, they can leave a message which I will return. There are very few reasons to actually leave your phone on in the parks, except meeting up with someone. I think this is America's newest addiction - cell phone use!
    The sea monkey has my money

• LoisAlene

What is this "cell phone" of which you speak?

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Looking for Love

I find it interesting that it's impossable to get ANY reception on ANY ride. Unless service in that area has increased recently....but last time I was there, everytime we went into the rides, I lost service. It was like being underground.

Well, i do confess i do answer my phone on rides like GRR and talk thruout the ride, becuase its buisness or someone wants me to do somethnig for them, or if its someone trying to find me, i say grr 10 min on ride buh bye.
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Brandys MOM

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    I find it interesting that it's impossable to get ANY reception on ANY ride. Unless service in that area has increased recently....but last time I was there, everytime we went into the rides, I lost service. It was like being underground.

It depends on your service provider, I have AT&T and my phone has worked in the bowels of Indy, the graveyard of HM and in the battle scene on Pirates. I learned my lesson on forgetting to put it on silent when it rang in the graveyard of HM, thankfully my ring tone was the mickey mouse March so it wasn't totally awful but still very embarrassing. Now I make sure to double check and put it on silent when we're getting ready to go on any attraction. The last time I answered my phone ON an attraction we were climbing the hill for the goat trick on Big Thunder... I did a quick HI were HERE I'll call you when we get off the ride I need to hang on now BYE!
    "Sometimes Miracles Hide"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Fan
    I always carry my phone, but usually off. I keep it for emergencies, and if anyone wants to contact me, they can leave a message which I will return. There are very few reasons to actually leave your phone on in the parks, except meeting up with someone. I think this is America's newest addiction - cell phone use!
    I take 4-6 teens with me, and we all have phones on vibrate. We use them to keep track of each other. Every pair of kids has to carry a cell. I got tired of the radios.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Disney Secrets Master

I always put my phone on vibrate and call back outside. It is common curtosy. (I think thats how you spell it?) I have not seen people answer there phone or hear one ring on a ride many times before.
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

I always have my phone with me too. And I always leave it on. I do not get reception on the rides anyway. But it sure is nice to have when I get separated from others in my group.

• Old Timer

I heard somewhere that in the Tokyo Disneyland resorts during shows there is a system of cell phone blockers that get turned on, it is a fact that they are used in Japan in certain places like the "opera" houses.
    Personally I think the idea should be used here in the states with a warning sign at any ride that has a cell blocker, these block in a very small area. If a person absolutely must keep in touch by phone then decide whats more important.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast