Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Newbie.

Turn off that darn cell phone

I haven't seen this discussed (at least lately) but is there much of a problem with cell phones in Disneyland? Surely with all the guests and all the cell phones out there, there must be constant interruptions in theme rides like HM, JC or iasm. Is this a real problem, and how is Disney dealing with it?
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• That's Hawt

You know, I don't really know ... I know that half the time I can't hear my cell phone at DL so I turn it on vibrate ... but I can't say I have ever witnessed a cell phone interupption at DL ... ever! I have been called on Screamin' and GRR though ... that person got interesting sound effects! (They called right as we were leaving the station on screamin and hehe got an earful of my screamin!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Videographer

I see it all the time and I have to resist the itch to grab the phone and toss it into the Rivers of America. I mean what call is so important that you have to answer it in the Haunted Mansion. Come on humans - get a grip. Shut off the ringer and call back when you are outside.

RU

• The BAT COMANDER!

I dont awnser my cell phone during a ride and i havent noticed that anyone around me has. I think its common curtasy when you are on a ride or in a show or prople dont get any reception.
    One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down."

He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke.

I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

DEEP THOUGHTS
    by
    Jack Handey

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    I cant even hear my Cell phone usually. And i dont care to. Cell Phones though do ave their place, like talking to another family member or friend on where to meet, etc...

But Pull Over! Find a bench off to the side have a seat and have your conversation. Dont just stop mid stride, hold up the flow of people...

And While in line, keep it quick. On the Rides or in a Show...SHUT IT OFF. Period.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Don't hate the game...

suprisingly i havent experienced that yet... im actually really suprised now that I think about it.

• Who's your DaddyB?

oh, oh, oh... just wait till you get some dork with a bluetooth earpiece for his cell phone in front of you in pirates or even Haunted Mansion! Stupid thing was blinking this bright blue LED that lit up the whole ride every other second! I wanted to grab it out of his ear and throw the Borg wannabe himself into the dark water system!
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb
    oh, oh, oh... just wait till you get some dork with a bluetooth earpiece for his cell phone in front of you in pirates or even Haunted Mansion! Stupid thing was blinking this bright blue LED that lit up the whole ride every other second! I wanted to grab it out of his ear and throw the Borg wannabe himself into the dark water system!
    Had someone on POTC do the exact same thing. It's just rude behavior.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Okay, here's my confession...I once answered my cell phone on the JC. It was work...I should have called back, but I didn't, I conducted business while I was on the JC.

I also once got a phone call about half way through Soarin' - which I also answered. I had a good reason, though! It was my mom calling, and my dad had been scheduled for surgery earlier in the day. I told her I'd call her after I got off the ride. Turns out that he had a heart attack as he was coming out of the anesthetic. He's okay now, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to enjoy Soarin' ever again...

• Still wants to be a cat!

I've taken one call on POTC, but I was with Micechatters and we were trying to hook up with one more (so no one seemed to mind). Other than that, I just check for messages on a regular basis, because normally I can't hear the darn thing ring anyway. But it is a necessary evil when it comes to our group meets!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

It seems I just don't get reception- I've never had my phone actually ring on a ride. When I get off I find I missed a call, but that's as close as I get.

Answering your phone *on* the ride? It *better* be important.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries
    dbc got a call on HM once... we had been trying to meet up with a friend... the ride was stopped but it was still embarassing!! She answered it and conducted business as quickly as she could but we were still like, Ooops....
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Official Mice Chat person

My aunt once got reception at the bottom of pirates! She was amazed! She talked to her boy friend and said "wish you were here".. that was about it, then she hung up. It was embarassing because she is a loud talker. Other than that, I have never seen anyone else with cell phones inturrupting any ride.

• Puppy Cuddles

I'm in the never get reception/never hear my phone boat. I've never had anyone answer a phone on a ride, but I can relate to the blue tooth story. Had a group of junior high kids banging those light up drumsticks together in the ride. I wanted to splash them and give them darkwater cooties.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• New Dog on the Block

I can understand the need to carry a cell phone, but it really ruins the mystique and experience for everyone around you if you are telling Johnson about the latest reports on a ride. Whatever it is that someone has to call you about it at Disneyland, let it wait until the ride is over. Especially because, even if it is a huge emergency, you can't do anything about it until you get off the ride anyway!
    I just finished Kingdom Hearts 2 and now I WANT A MICKEY!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast