Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Making Christmas memories

Quote Originally Posted by samsma View Post
    She (TheOP)changed her dates. She was asking about the first week of Dec. That is what my info is about.
    Somehow I missed that post.

The first week of Dec should be pretty quiet. (The weekend may not be!) The weekend will be the Candlelight Processional, and the Monday and Tuesday nights will be cast parties, so the park will close at 6pm. (per last years schedule.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Thanks Malcon10t! I really had been gunning for xmas week, but when it was suggested to save a little money AND go my birthday week (dec 6th) I quickly changed our reservation dates. Maybe next Christmas......

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

It'll be way less crowded the week of your bday rather than xmas week. And don't they deck out w/ holiday decorations round about the first week of December? Hopefully so, they do SUCH a great job at holiday decorating. Inspires my husband every year -- hahaha only his is looking more National Lampoon than Disneyland -d'oh!!

Thanks samsma! It will be very different for us to go during a non-summer month and I am looking forward to it very much. It will be nice not to worry too much about if the lines will be too long, will it be too hot.....
    Last edited by jsdmn2; 04-17-2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling error, sorry samsma!

• Sock Puppet

how long do they keep the christamas decorations up after christmas? i will be there Dec. 31 thru Jan. 4 so i would still love to see everything for christmas.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by skiingdude103 View Post
    how long do they keep the christamas decorations up after christmas? i will be there Dec. 31 thru Jan. 4 so i would still love to see everything for christmas.

I think they are up through the first full week of the new year so you should be fine.

A little piece of heaven

• Eeyore smiling

Quote Originally Posted by jsdmn2 View Post
    Update 4/17/07: I just confirmed our trip plans for my birthday week instead from 12/03/07 thru 12/07/07and was able to get a suite at the DL Hotel, so thank you to everyone who recommended getting reservations early! I am sooooo looking forward to this, a little less than 8 months to go! I love hearing about everyones love of the holidays at the park...... Makes me wish it was Christmas already! jsdmn2

I am so happy for you. We love the DLH and their suites, I know you will have an unforgetably wonderful trip. I would recommend a nice meal at Hooks Pointe.

• Eeyore smiling

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    It'll be way less crowded the week of your bday rather than xmas week. And don't they deck out w/ holiday decorations round about the first week of December? Hopefully so, they do SUCH a great job at holiday decorating. Inspires my husband every year -- hahaha only his is looking more National Lampoon than Disneyland -d'oh!!
    We alternate between Thanksgiving and NYE every other year, and it is xmas either way there!

Enjoy, very wonderful time of the year to go, if you have never gone before, you will be especially pleased to see the Nightmare before Xmas colliding at HM, it is an amazing transformation, listen especially to the cooky xmas carrols in the line. Also IASW is done up for xmas with the lots of xmas carrols being sung throught all the lands (real ones that time).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by skiingdude103 View Post
    If you have never been there on New Years Eve before, be prepared for a totally different park. The park usually reaches capacity around noon. Last year, they continued to allow readmits in off and on til about 5:30. But don't count on it. There was a very upset gentleman here because he didn't show up til 9pm, he had balcony seating for Fantamic! and he couldn't enter the park. They even supposedly closed Adventureland/NOS due to being overly crowded. Our rule (unless its raining) is you get in the park by 10am, and you don't leave. The park is open til 2am. Decorations should be up til Jan 7th this year.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12