Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laguna Beach,CA
    Posts
    7,185
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    Great photos a for post them.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan





    Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

    Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

  2. #17

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Twin City
    Posts
    9,509

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    I wonder why they are putting up more designs on the Nemo walls. It's not exactly a secret what's going on behind there. I can see that people will think it's open but can't you just put signs saying it's not open yet?

    Nice update.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    478

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    Cheers for the pics! I am so looking forward to Nemo this fall.

  4. #19

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    392

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    I agree with the strange Roxy and other surf stuff in Disney. Very confusing. Thanks for the update, makes me want to go to California earlier than I can.

  5. #20

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    Quote Originally Posted by blondiethesounds View Post
    the connection between disneyland and Gwen Steffani goes way back. she is actually from Anaheim, and a known disney superfan!

    plus in No Doubt's (her original band) "Tragic Kingdom" there were multiple disneyland refrences. one of which was the old matterhorn "remain seated please..." dialogue.
    I know the Gwen-Disneyland connections, but her clothin line(s) have nothing to do with Disney, just as Roxy and Quicksilver have nothing to do with Disneyland.

  6. #21

    • Premium Youngling and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Making your Starbucks beverage
    Posts
    3,796

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    Great TR MG! Maybe I will have the opportunity to meet you one of these days!

  7. #22

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tiki Juice Bar
    Posts
    5,240

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    MasterGracey, did you see the Monorail and it's a small world shirts in the Vault? I saw them a little while ago...wondered if they're still there. They were kinda on a shelf near the floor...

    I like that mast.

  8. #23

    • Awaken the spirits
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Regions beyond
    Posts
    745

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    I wonder why they are putting up more designs on the Nemo walls. It's not exactly a secret what's going on behind there. I can see that people will think it's open but can't you just put signs saying it's not open yet?

    Nice update.
    Yeah, the other day when the wall was still blue I kept hearing people say "oh look! The Submarine Ride is back!! Let's go!" and they would run over there because from the outside, they have the sign up and it looks like the queue is ready and everything. From the monorail, it looks like the ride is ready to go, and a bunch of people on the monorail said "oh look! The subs! Let's go after this!" So yeah, people do think it's open. They should paint big letters on that wall that says "THIS RIDE IS NOT OPEN!!!!!"

  9. #24

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    MasterGracey, did you see the Monorail and it's a small world shirts in the Vault? I saw them a little while ago...wondered if they're still there. They were kinda on a shelf near the floor...

    I like that mast.
    Yes, they're still there. The designs are very nice, too. Too bad they don't offer the Monorail shirt in mens, I would have snatched it up for sure!

  10. #25

    • I am a Pluto lover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    1,398

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    Thanks for the pictures! I cant wait to go!
    Mellymouse




    (do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)






  11. #26

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tiki Juice Bar
    Posts
    5,240

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Yes, they're still there. The designs are very nice, too. Too bad they don't offer the Monorail shirt in mens, I would have snatched it up for sure!
    Haha, that actually crossed my mind when I looked at that one initially! I've been thinking about it since I saw it...my friends urged me to not spend so much on a shirt, and I didn't exactly have the money to do something like that that day. Though I think my girlfriend is a hypocrite (or just doesn't get it) when she says she'll spend that much on "a designer label", but not a Disneyland shirt. But they ARE designer labels...ahk.

    It just bugs me that they're $60...yikes.

    I hope that the store offers more shirts like these, though...the diehard Disneyland fans would go crazy over these. And they're really soft!

  12. #27

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Number 17 Cherry Tree Lane
    Posts
    46

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    Thanks for the update.... very ready for Nemo to open... my son freaks out when we go by the big pics on the wall yelling Nemo Nemo....

  13. #28

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Haha, that actually crossed my mind when I looked at that one initially! I've been thinking about it since I saw it...my friends urged me to not spend so much on a shirt, and I didn't exactly have the money to do something like that that day. Though I think my girlfriend is a hypocrite (or just doesn't get it) when she says she'll spend that much on "a designer label", but not a Disneyland shirt. But they ARE designer labels...ahk.

    It just bugs me that they're $60...yikes.

    I hope that the store offers more shirts like these, though...the diehard Disneyland fans would go crazy over these. And they're really soft!
    I don't buy that shirts like the Monorail or It's A Small World shirts are "designer" ...Disney is just gouging us. All it is is classic WED designs screened onto a really soft, comfy shirt. Wannabe Disney "Couture" and "designer" labels can suck it.

    What really peeves me is that Disney isn't willing to give us good designs like this inside the parks for a reasonable price. Theres a demand for this kind of stuff, but they refuse to make well-designed shirts like this for the general consumer and not people who want to spend $60 on a t-shirt.

    It's irritating. I'm tired of glittery, obnoxious, character-covered designs. I want nostalgic, tasteful designs, or at least unobnoxious attraction-specific merch that doesnt have the Fab 5, glitter, raised designs, felt, or other uneccessary extras all over it.

  14. #29

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tiki Juice Bar
    Posts
    5,240

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I don't buy that shirts like the Monorail or It's A Small World shirts are "designer" ...Disney is just gouging us. All it is is classic WED designs screened onto a really soft, comfy shirt. Wannabe Disney "Couture" and "designer" labels can suck it.

    What really peeves me is that Disney isn't willing to give us good designs like this inside the parks for a reasonable price. Theres a demand for this kind of stuff, but they refuse to make well-designed shirts like this for the general consumer and not people who want to spend $60 on a t-shirt.

    It's irritating. I'm tired of glittery, obnoxious, character-covered designs. I want nostalgic, tasteful designs, or at least unobnoxious attraction-specific merch that doesnt have the Fab 5, glitter, raised designs, felt, or other uneccessary extras all over it.


    I love your posts. Totally agree with you.

    I mean, when they actually DO make shirts that are related to attractions, it usually looks cheap (unless they get some special artist to do it, and then of course you have to pay a riduculous amount of $$$). The nice, classic vintage prints, I think, would be in high demand.

    I was really disappointed when I saw the merch they released for PotC for it's anniversary. I'd love to see some classic Marc Davis sketches...I mean, how difficult would it be to make a shirt that has the classic redhead sketch, and a little quote saying, "We wants the rehead!"? You know what, I'll probably just end up making the darn thing myself.

    This is why I make my own iron-on shirts.

  15. #30

    • Popular Princess
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Stuck in a good book
    Posts
    11,399

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

    great update! thanx for sharing!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 01:10 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 06:48 PM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 10:14 AM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 04:31 PM
  5. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 08:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •