Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE!

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    A new Pirates 3 ad has replaced Meet the Robinsons as you approach the Mickey & Friends tram stop:

And the Meet the Robinsons window at World of Disney is now Pirates 3 as well:

And Pirates has stolen the Robinsons' billboard location on the Hollywood Pictures Backlot soundstage that you can see from the Esplanade:

The Main Street parade gate is still getting worked on:

They're working on one of the faux storefront doors:

..And a CM-only door on the side of the Cone Shop is getting some work too...

TESTING NEMO
    A section of construction walls closest to the Monorail exit stairs has been moved up ontop of the curb that goes around the Lagoon:
    New covers for the baracades in front of the Nemo queue entrance match the underwater theme:

The construction walls are getting re-decorated.... A shiny new coat of Nemo stickers has been applied along about half of the length of the wall:

YO HO!
    FIRST PIRATE THEMING SETS SAIL ON THE ISLAND

The new Pirate's "mast" on Tom Sawyer Island is up. I actually like it, it blends in well enough to the surroundings - it isn't obnixous or distracting, but rather blends in and seems like it might not only be part of the new stunt show, but also part of the Island's new permanent themeing, which will hopefully work to tell a story, whatever that story may be.

Also, the Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island dock is all wall'd up:

..A peek behind the wall... annndd... nothin.

Over in the rest of New Orleans Square, the Disney Gallery is closed while they "prepare a new exhibit." They just opened a new exhibit, so I don't know what this could be about...

However, back on April 1 while the Gallery was still open, the Formal Dining Room in the Gallery was closed and emptied.. and I heard a CM talking with a guest about the new wallpaper in the front room. The CM shared that the gallery would be getting new wallpaper throughout... I presume that this is why the Gallery is closed... but who knows for sure..
    Painter's tape lines the doorways to the balcony of the formal dining room at the Gallery:

Back on April 1, here's what the inside of the dining room looked like, via a window on the Gallery's open balcony:

Down the way in Adventureland... not much can be seen going on at Tarzan's Treehouse...

NEW LILLY BELLE MODEL TRAIN
    The train set isn't on sale yet, but will be beginning April 21. Artist Dave Avanzino, Imagineer Tony Baxter, and Michael Broggie, Roger Broggie's son will be available for product signing at Disneyana on Main Street. For complete event info, visit DisneyGallery.com.

OTHER MERCHANDISE & ART
    A couple new(ish) paintings available at Disneyana:

Christmas in.... April? Some new Christmas merch is available in the China Closet:

A new Disneyland frame also available in China Closet.... but buyer beware - it may look nice, but it feels rather cheaply made.

I had never seen this "Disney 2 a Tee" line of t-shirts, which I snapped in the Star Trader. Its all little girl shirts here, not sure if they have boys or adult "Disney 2 a Tee" clothes... Here's a small sample of what the line offers:

...And a small Disney Vault 28 update.......
    The store is having a 50% off sale...
    (Vault 28 pics taken Apr 1)

But the sale selection is very limited (to just a single rack in the very back of the store):

Glass Barware:

Gwen Stefani Harajuku Lovers merch at Vault 28... weird... just as weird and out-of-place as the Quicksilver, Roxy, and Paul Frank merch in Adventureland and DCA.

And Vault 28 has a lot of "Runaway Brain"-themed stuff:

...And frankly, I have no flippin' clue what this means (or why anybody would want to buy this):

THIS & THAT
    Delicious:

Los Angeles band and Tomorrowland Terrace regulars Sandbox are back at Disneyland for four nights this Easter weekend.

...And over at DCA, it appears nobody cares enoguh to replace some neon:

..Alright. Hope you enjoyed the update

• Sock Puppet

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

Don't post pics of food. It makes me hungry.

You don't even know how much I want those fries right now.

Anyways, another wonderful picture update dude. Thanks for sharing.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/5: Testing Nemo, Pirate's Lair mast, new model train, merch, +MORE

Uncle Tom got it right on the spot. If you're going to take pictures of delicious food... You have to share with others. lol.

Wonderful update!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

What's in the RunawayBrain box?

Good update!!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Knight that says Nee!!

You dare post the Monte Cristo!!!??? NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Must...have...mouth watering...goodness!

• Disney Night Owl

Death By Sexy?! LOL! That just sounds so weird and the picture gave me a good laugh but then again it's 2:40am and I only got a few hours sleep last night. Everything seems pretty hilarious to me now.

It is strange in seeing so much holiday merch now but some of it is pretty cute. I like that frame but thanks for the heads up that the quality isn't the greatest. Also I must have that Lilly Belle Model Train set! @_@ It just looks amazing. Even the box is fantastic!

Thanks for sharing MasterGracey.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• World Traveler

Very cool update. Thanks.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Loved it and going to be VERY hungry until lunch!

Death by Monte Cristo!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

the connection between disneyland and Gwen Steffani goes way back. she is actually from Anaheim, and a known disney superfan!

plus in No Doubt's (her original band) "Tragic Kingdom" there were multiple disneyland refrences. one of which was the old matterhorn "remain seated please..." dialogue.
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

• Sector Two Droid Repair

They need a t-shirt that says

"I'd trade by brother for a Monte Cristo sandwich."
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Neep meep beep

wonderful photos - especially of the new mast and those great mouthwatering food pics - thank you!

• See you there!

Great photo update!

Thanks,

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Loved it and going to be VERY hungry until lunch!

Death by Monte Cristo!
    I second this Pezz... Now I'm not looking forward to my Lean Cuisine spinach Panini I brought for lunch... Curs-ed Monte Cristo!

MasterGracey, kidding aside. Great report, and photos! Also, thanks for taking the time to do this report, it's really nice for those of us who don't make it down as often...

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing the great pics and taking the time to post them!
    The Alice painting looks soo awesome!
    <3 Chloe

• Still wants to be a cat!

Can hardly wait to get that train set! Thanks for the pics!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast