Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• tentacle menagerie

What are your thought on the MEGA Disney fan?

What are your thoughts on the mega Disney fan?

Of course we are (mostly) all big fans of DLR. But what are your thoughts about those individuals who immerse themselves in Disney/characters paraphernalia? Iím talking about the extensive pin collections, hats/ears, sweaters, shirts, jackets, bags/wallets, ETC.

Do you think its gets a tad bit overboard? Of course letís exclude children here. I should say that Iím NOT anti these people, but to completely absorb yourself in pure Disney merchandise makes me what to ask this question at stake. Maybe itís because Iím more of a DLR fan than a Disney character/movie fan so Iím a minimalist in any resort themed purchases.

I know that going to DLR makes me happy and brings back that nostalgia when I was a kid. It makes me forget the real stresses of life, and I am an AP holder, so please donít assume that ďI wouldnít understandĒ. I wonder it this mega fan carries over this extensive love for Disney at home, work or anywhere other than DLR?

What are you thoughts on this? Honestly, I find it a rather strange, but Iím open-minded to hear your reasons.
    colorless green ideas dream furiously

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: What are your thought on the MEGA Disney fan?

I am not a "MEGA", but I do enjoy Disney stuff and we have it around the house and I have two Mickey Mouse t-shirts, etc. We even own a few pins.......and I have three Disney watches........

I say, to each his/her own. As long as they aren't hurting anyone, it should be fine.

• Comin' at ya!

I'm not a mega fan simply because I don't have the money to buy all the stuff I'd want. I'm much more into the sculptures and stuff as apposed to the pins and clothes.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Pin collectors scare me. But I figure as long as you're not putting yourself into high debt and are overly obsessed thinking about Disney merchandise 24/7, etc. then it's okay. I have stuff from Disney but I don't have a whole room in my house dedicated to the wonders that is Stitch or a room full of just Disney pins. Only real stuff I collect is Nightmare Before Christmas and Stitch.

• Hiding in the shadows

I think its awesome, because for some its a hobby, a nice distraction from daily life or even a lifestyle, and like any other obsessions, for some its Disney. My obsession is specifically with Disney Parks; the magic, fantasy and rides / attractions and they way I feel when I think about it and especially when I am there.

I however don't have a huge collection: a couple pins, a limited edition Roger Rabbit art piece from the gallery I bought when I was young years ago that I had to have, and some random shirts and key chains (does it count I have to order new checks today and am considering Mickey ones?)

My neighbor on the other hand has probably 50+ disney character clocks in his game room and lots of other stuff (LOTS). But he still doesnt eat and sleep Disney, most don't.

• Progressive Disneylander

I worry about this thread in the sense that it seems like it's setup to basically bash certain people.

Who cares if someone is a MEGA collector? Who are they hurting or bothering? If going 'overboard' makes them happy and they aren't bothering anyone, have at it.

• tentacle menagerie

I never intended to "bash" certain people. Like MollyTrolly said, "for certain people it's a hobby".

I was only wondering.
    colorless green ideas dream furiously

• Comin' at ya!

I didn't take it as a bashing, I just took as it as a question
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Most of my friends consider me to be a mega fan even though what I would consider to be a mega is nothing like me. All in perspective I guess. I echo the thought if it doesn't hurt anyone, go right ahead.

Chad

• Haunted Mansion Anyone?

I enjoy seeing people that are standing at the main gates already wearing disneyland clothing and other stuff. Makes me wonder if the ever wear it other than when they go to disneyland.
    Wow, that was a fun ride?

What should we go on next?

BizarreSFL: How about the haunted mansion???

But we already went on it five times, haven't you had enough??

BizarreSFL: NOOOOOOO!

• Banned User

I have about 200 pins, which is very small for collectors that can go upwards of 5,000. Also I love wearing fitted Disney shirts with nice jackets and pants or skirts.

• Banned User

I also am not a mega fan, I like a LOT of other things beside Disney that it's just imposible for me to be obssesed with just Disney or anything. I'm also just like you, I love the parks and I'm not a HUGE fan of the movies(but I still like them). Thats the reason why i want to work as an Imagineer, because I love the parks and I want to bring magic to people. I also love MEGA fans because I always learn something new about Disney,everytime I'm here, that may come handy in the future! I love you MCers!

-Jojo

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by BizarreSFL View Post
    I enjoy seeing people that are standing at the main gates already wearing disneyland clothing and other stuff. Makes me wonder if the ever wear it other than when they go to disneyland.
    Now that I think of it, I have around maybe 20 t-shirts of Disney and I usually don't wear them to the park. Like Wednesday for example, I wore my Tower of Terror shirt underneath my sweatshirt at work. I have a lot of those type of t-shirts that I bought for the kids size since I can wear them as fitted tees but I normally only wear my sweatshirts (which are Disney) to the parks when it's cool out.

• Progressive Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
    I never intended to "bash" certain people. Like MollyTrolly said, "for certain people it's a hobby".

I was only wondering.
    I guess this posed question, "Do you think its gets a tad bit overboard?" is what I thought was a bit leading. It just seemed like it was making a statement in question form. I apologize if I misinterpreted.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
    Honestly, I find it a rather strange.
    This comment got me thinking...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast