Buying the $30 blockout pass for the 17th...

I'm a Socal APer, so July 17th is going to be a blackout day. Since I am planning on getting there early, I would prefer to have a good spot in line for the front gate, not the ticket booths. Would I be able to purchase a $30 blockout day pass for the 17th on an earlier day? If not, what would be the best strategy on the 17th to get a pass and get in line?

I'm expecting chaos and crowds bigger than the 4th/5th... is this an irrational belief?

Thanks Micechatters!

My brother, DisneysMagic, and I have Deluxe AP's, and the 17th is a blocked out day for us too. It was our understanding (although we were unable to actually confirm it) that the blockout day pass had to be purchased that same day, so on our last trip to the park in April, we decided to purchase the 1 day/1 park ticket. I believe the cost was $54, and we felt it was well worth paying the extra to avoid having to wait in line at the ticket booth to purchase the blockout day pass on the 17th. Our motto: better to be safe than sorry.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    If this helps, from the AP website

Blockout day tickets are available for sale at the Main Entrance Ticket Booths for $30.00. A Blockout day ticket is valid only when purchased and used on the same day. Annual Passholders must present their valid Annual Passport and valid Blockout day ticket to be admitted into the Disneyland® Resort theme parks.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Since I'll be going with a group which includes Premium Passholders who don't need blockout tickets, I'm going to buy my blockout ticket and then just meet them in line.

I need to call Disney, though, to see when exactly the ticket booths open. I'm assuming they open at least 30 minutes before park opening, but I'm not sure.. Does anybody know about this?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    One option is to buy the collectable One-Day ParkHopper, it looks pretty cool, and has a sound chip that plays Walt's Opening Day Speech. They are $20 off, do it would cost the same as a one-day, one park ticket... $53.

The ticket is shown in the new AP mailer, that contained the June thru September calendar.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    One option is to buy the collectable One-Day ParkHopper, it looks pretty cool, and has a sound chip that plays Walt's Opening Day Speech. They are $20 off, do it would cost the same as a one-day, one park ticket... $53.

The ticket is shown in the new AP mailer, that contained the June thru September calendar.
    Have you seen a price for it? I saw it in the AP mailer, and on the AP site, but haven't seen a price on it. There is one very similar to it in the Disney Gallery, and they are $215 before the AP discount.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Banned User

I'm in the same boat and I'm thinking that just buying a regular park ticket now would be the best bet instead of getting a block out ticket on that day.