Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disney Secrets Master

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Well, most of my ideas for new lands are either for DCA, or are just revisitations of unused ideas (Discovery Bay, Liberty Street, Edison Square, etc.).

And of course, there's my favorite little dream, using the old Horizons concept of SeaCastle to create a mini-land transitioning from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland, featuring a model of a city, which we can visit from underwater (a completely new version of the Sub Voyage), water level (Aquatopia), ground level (a "smart freeway" version of Autopia using Hunny Hunt technology), and elevated transit (Monorail and PeopleMovers). In the center, you have a showbuilding for a Flying Saucer ride (maybe like the PeopleMover where you ride a rail built several feet above the floor, or like the Peter Pan ride, or maybe just like the old Flying Saucer ride), or maybe something based on the House of the Future.
    Discovery Bay and Aquatopia are catchy names and do sound cool, but what/what else, would be in them?
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by llama5492
    Discovery Bay and Aquatopia are catchy names and do sound cool, but what/what else, would be in them?
    Well, the Aquatopia concept I was talking about would be just like the Tokyo vehicle concept, but this one would go around and through the model city, sort of how the Motorboat Cruise passes through the current Autopia layout.

As for Discovery Bay... I would actually take the original concept and split it in two. DCA would get the Barbary Coast elements, so you would have a Gold Rush ride, using some vehicle designs from Maelstrom and even Sea World's Journey to Atlantis. You would also have the 1906 Earthquake and Fire ride, and a reconceptualized Golden Dreams in a theater whose facade represents Angel Island. This would take the name Eureka Bay, or something gold-themed.

Then in the northern part of Frontierland, you build the other part of the Discovery Bay concept. Since this will be influenced heavily by Verne, it might even be better to borrow from Tokyo again and make it Mysterious Island.

Here you might find a journey to Helluland like in Disney's "Island at the Top of the World." Or, based in part on real history, you have Leif Erikson's journey to Vinland, cursed by the angry spirit of Bjarni Herjulfsson, who sailed off the coast of North America but never landed.

You could also have Journey to the Center of the Earth, which I would personally like to see redone for Disneyland as a water ride. And one of my other pet ideas is to follow part of the original Discovery Bay concept and have the Rivers of America extend into the new expansion... so if you have the Vulcania/Mysterious Island concept, the Nautilus would circle it, and maybe speed toward the Columbia on some of its passes, like the scene toward the beginning of 20K. Then, you could have it switch onto the RoA track and be part of a new chapter in Fantasmic.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Disney Secrets Master

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Well, the Aquatopia concept I was talking about would be just like the Tokyo vehicle concept, but this one would go around and through the model city, sort of how the Motorboat Cruise passes through the current Autopia layout.

As for Discovery Bay... I would actually take the original concept and split it in two. DCA would get the Barbary Coast elements, so you would have a Gold Rush ride, using some vehicle designs from Maelstrom and even Sea World's Journey to Atlantis. You would also have the 1906 Earthquake and Fire ride, and a reconceptualized Golden Dreams in a theater whose facade represents Angel Island. This would take the name Eureka Bay, or something gold-themed.

Then in the northern part of Frontierland, you build the other part of the Discovery Bay concept. Since this will be influenced heavily by Verne, it might even be better to borrow from Tokyo again and make it Mysterious Island.

Here you might find a journey to Helluland like in Disney's "Island at the Top of the World." Or, based in part on real history, you have Leif Erikson's journey to Vinland, cursed by the angry spirit of Bjarni Herjulfsson, who sailed off the coast of North America but never landed.

You could also have Journey to the Center of the Earth, which I would personally like to see redone for Disneyland as a water ride. And one of my other pet ideas is to follow part of the original Discovery Bay concept and have the Rivers of America extend into the new expansion... so if you have the Vulcania/Mysterious Island concept, the Nautilus would circle it, and maybe speed toward the Columbia on some of its passes, like the scene toward the beginning of 20K. Then, you could have it switch onto the RoA track and be part of a new chapter in Fantasmic.
    Sounds great but don't you think that thats a lot of attractions to be brought over that are all from tokyo?

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries
    A new land you say. I would love to see a land called Disneyland. It would be a magical place with multiple lands with in the land. one land would be a tommrow land full of futureistic things untouched by movies and cartoons. Except 20k That is a cool movie. A sub ride would seem fun and boats and cars that you can drive that seems like a cool land J/K

I would love to see a land dedicated to all those mountain rides that people want build it into one big mountain put tons of ride and call it the Journey to the center of the earth land or something with a spiffer name

• Santa Barbara, CA

I'd do a 1940s theme area. SwinglandUSA, there'd be big bands (the betty page revue), a film noir Sam Spade ride (like spiderman) in the visual style of Sin City. A thrill based P51D warplane ride called "Mustangs" you fly a mission and crashland on an island in the pacific, then it's a live version of survivor. And 1939 NYWF Ball and Spike with a ride inside showing futuristic dreams shattered by and the harsh realities of WW2 heroism and how the country pulls together for Freedom. Optimistic all the way.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Curiouser and Curiouser

villians land

• Disney Secrets Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi Bara
    villians land
    I Still Agree!

• Hooterville, USA

Mine would be "druggasland". You would have to pass a test first to see if you had common sense. If it was determined that you didn't, you would be sent immediately to DCA!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Disney Secrets Master

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Mine would be "druggasland". You would have to pass a test first to see if you had common sense. If it was determined that you didn't, you would be sent immediately to DCA!
    Hahahaha, How Funny.

• Mentat

How about Boozeland? You could chain smoke and drink until you couldn't stand. Disney wouldn;t need a lot of expensive rides and attractions-- just some live music and really spiffy cocktails!

• White and Nerdy

Lucasland -- A cross between Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Howard the Duck. One of the rides could pair up Jar Jar Binks and Howard the Duck and kids could chase them around with shotguns and maim them.

I'd stay on that ride all day.

• Disney Secrets Master

Quote Originally Posted by GoofBall
    Lucasland -- A cross between Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Howard the Duck. One of the rides could pair up Jar Jar Binks and Howard the Duck and kids could chase them around with shotguns and maim them.

I'd stay on that ride all day.
    Sounds Like a good idea, but I don't think that would happen, at least for a long, long, long, time. lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12