Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney Secrets Master

Disneyland Resort - Phase 3

Anyone got ideas for Phase 3 at the disneyland resort? Or, Has anyone heard anything about phase 3, the third park? A water park perhaps? I would like to know even the slightest leak of info by disney.
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• Sock Puppet

As much as I would love to see phase three, they need to work on making phase 2 on par with phase 1 first. I mean DCA flopped, they need to expand, improve, remove anything that makes it "second rate" before they can even think about a third park.

there have been many topics on how to create a third gate and other such expansion threads

here's mine http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=745

I think that Disney deffinatly needs to start making steps for the future in claiming pretty much any and all hotels and other properties they can around the immediate area of the resort to help with the future expansion of the area

of course I do also agree that DCA needs to be expanded but that's for the here and now and they can plan for the future while working on the today

DTD is of course up for expansion soon from what I understand sources are pointing out that soon after the 50th (or even during now?) we'll be seeing some DTD expansion (it will grow out towards the parking structure and it's future expansion plans may include another parking structure only for DTD)

for a third gate theme I've always said that if there are any indicators of what they're going to do it's that they'll build fusion parks (DCA being a fusion of MGM and AK along with um a Pier)

I think the next park should be a fusion of Epcot and DisneySea with an around the world theme and an island in the center for science

the surrounding land would be like a huge world showcase deal of course with all the different country's allowing for rides like Maelstrom to be upgraded to modern standards and brought in and DisneySea rides like Sinbad

the rides should be indoors to cutdown on noise along with having a Berm of sorts

the park should have a more adult feel like Epcot (DCA is more t33n in feel) the world showcase like setup would be great for tourists (and merchendising and foods would love it too for what they could do probably)

the park needs to be calmer as it is closer to residential areas thus it should be more indoors (like what Westcot was planned to be)

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    A water Park was mentioned as a possible avenue for the phase 3 area
    further south on Harbor Blvd. at a presentation meeting held at the Paradise Pier Hotel. This took place in a suite overlooking the construction of DCA.

• Disney Secrets Master

That would be great! I would absoloutely love to see a Epoct down here in So Cal.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    there have been many topics on how to create a third gate and other such expansion threads

here's mine http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=745

I think that Disney deffinatly needs to start making steps for the future in claiming pretty much any and all hotels and other properties they can around the immediate area of the resort to help with the future expansion of the area

of course I do also agree that DCA needs to be expanded but that's for the here and now and they can plan for the future while working on the today

DTD is of course up for expansion soon from what I understand sources are pointing out that soon after the 50th (or even during now?) we'll be seeing some DTD expansion (it will grow out towards the parking structure and it's future expansion plans may include another parking structure only for DTD)

for a third gate theme I've always said that if there are any indicators of what they're going to do it's that they'll build fusion parks (DCA being a fusion of MGM and AK along with um a Pier)

I think the next park should be a fusion of Epcot and DisneySea with an around the world theme and an island in the center for science

the surrounding land would be like a huge world showcase deal of course with all the different country's allowing for rides like Maelstrom to be upgraded to modern standards and brought in and DisneySea rides like Sinbad

the rides should be indoors to cutdown on noise along with having a Berm of sorts

the park should have a more adult feel like Epcot (DCA is more t33n in feel) the world showcase like setup would be great for tourists (and merchendising and foods would love it too for what they could do probably)

the park needs to be calmer as it is closer to residential areas thus it should be more indoors (like what Westcot was planned to be)

Thanks for the link Jspider, I knew that we talked about this before, butt I couldn't find the thread.

• HersHbe Productions©

DTD: UPgrade! Is TDA seriously thinking about a 3rd park at this time? I know they have the land but is everything laid out or in blue sky>?

thanks,
    Sc

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinCitrus
    DTD: UPgrade! Is TDA seriously thinking about a 3rd park at this time? I know they have the land but is everything laid out or in blue sky>?

thanks,
    Sc
    very very very blue sky

Ouimet has already said that he wants to fix DCA before even considering a 3rd gate (Pressler was hinting at one as was Cythia though they did slowly downgrade from a full fledged theme park to a Water park)

they have land but it's not going to be used for a while

I hope that they do concentrait on buying land around that 3rd gate lot to create an effective park layout and design

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Probably a stupid question... but where exactly is this land at and is it even big enough for a full themepark?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Probably a stupid question... but where exactly is this land at and is it even big enough for a full themepark?
    As far as I know, Disney has acquired the old strawberry field across the way and I believe they do own the property that most of the hotels are on across the street. And they do have the Simon parking lot, but I'm that'll be used to expand DCA.

To be honest, I don't want to see a new park, in fact, I didn't like DCA when they announced it and when it opened. I like Disneyland and I think anything they could do, they could just add to the park that started it all rather than have one really good park and two mediocre parks why not just have one PERFECT, BIG, TOP quality park where it's hard to experience everything within one day? Again, Disneyland is never complete and it looks like the big ups decided that is complete by focusing on building other parks.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    if you click the link I had up there earlier you'll see the third gate land that Disney already owns

I believe it's in the neighborhood of 80 acres (that includes the parking lot though) so if they were to give it 100% themepark developement they could in theory build a park the size of Disneyland

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    EVERYBODY has a water park now....

Bring in a West Coast EPCOT!
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Disney Secrets Master

I Agree! Epcot Down Here Would Be Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    EVERYBODY has a water park now....

Bring in a West Coast EPCOT!
    a water park maybe behind Paradise Pier but I agree that it shouldn't be used for a third gate at all

that is the last large expanse of land they'll be having for some time and they need to put something great on it

and I already went through my Epcot/DisneySea hybrid talk

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    very very very blue sky

Ouimet has already said that he wants to fix DCA before even considering a 3rd gate (Pressler was hinting at one as was Cythia though they did slowly downgrade from a full fledged theme park to a Water park)

they have land but it's not going to be used for a while

I hope that they do concentrait on buying land around that 3rd gate lot to create an effective park layout and design
    You can't have a 3rd gate until you have a 2nd gate... and right now they only have 1 1/2 gates.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast