• OM NOM NOM

MSEP Path Reversal - Results

For those who care, tonight (6-11-05) was the first night of the Main Street Electrical Parade's path reversal. Instead of starting at the Sunshine gate, it now originates at the Paradise gate. For those who don't know, this is to relieve crowds at Disneyland for the fireworks show.

I had the pleasure of working crowd control this very night, at the Golden Dreams crossroads. Near the end of the show, I was told that we were going to block off guests who wanted to follow the float, and send them to either Pacific Wharf or around Grizzly Peak. Needless to say, this doesn't work when the odds are 3 cast members against a mob of people. We gave up after about ten seconds, and radioed in that the block off failed. I was literally shouting in a lady's face, and she was completely ignoring me.Oh well.

In short, this is a warning to those who may go to see MSEP in the coming months: park yourself in the Sunshine plaza. If not, you may find yourself being roped off by frustrated CMs.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Thanks great info!

• Banned User

Uh-oh, now it sounds like are literally trying stopping people from trying to get into Disneyland by holding them back. But figure, sice it steps off at PP now, the parade runs for what, 20 minutes? 8:45 plus 20 minutes when the parade is done, and then figure it would take you 10-15 minutes to get into Disneyland after marching through DCA's parade route going behind the flow of people AND the parade(although you can walk through PP and bypass the people then march over through Grizzly Peak just as the parade passes that point), plus waiting in line to get into DL- that barely gives you enough time to get to the fireworks. And for the people sitting and watching in Sunshine Plaza, they would definatly not have time to get over into Disneyland and find a decent spot. EP would finish off at about 9:15/ 9:20??

How would it work if they bumped Fantasmic up to 8:45(about 22 minutes of show) and started the fireworks at 9:10 with the EP starting at 8:40?? I know they would have to finish the EP so they don't have the sound of fireworks distracting people from the parade.

If this EP reversal doesn't work, I think their best bet is to shrink down those planters around the Hub-especially the two by Plaza Inn. Those planters are HUGE, and really could make A LOT more walking space if shrunken down. Also, that planter across the street next to Plaza Pavillion/ Coke Corner are always jammed up, they should shrink down that planter as well. Only trouble, consturction during the 50th. PLUS, construction walls in the way would only make space and matters worse. Maybe they should have thought of this before and gotten it done before the 5th of May came. OH well, it is going to be one hell of a jammed summer in the Hub....

Remember has turned out to be the Light Magic of firework shows...only with crowd control issues though. And here we thought Block Party Bash was going to have the crowd control issues!
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 06-11-2005 at 11:29 PM.

• OM NOM NOM

Are you saying that it is like Light Magic because it sux? If so, I'll have to put you at the top of my hit list.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara
    Are you saying that it is like Light Magic because it sux? If so, I'll have to put you at the top of my hit list.
    For god sakes, NOOOOOOOOOOO! I am just saying it has brought on monsterous crowd jams and control problems like Light Magic did.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Thanks for clearing that up, DisneyMickey! I was getting ready to hold you down while EOM pummeled you.

• Banned User

I can't stop watching video clips on MouseInfo anyways OR listening to the soundtrack at least once a day.

• Creative Director

what I want to know, is did the reversal work at all? did it keep people from trying to get over to Disneyland, even though you CM's couldn't hold them back?

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    They can't stop people who want to see the fireworks from doing it...I have a feeling if they push this too far, it will really backfire on Disney, because I would certainly rather see Remember than DEP, so this could eventually have adverse effects on DCA attendance and only compound the problem at DL. They better watch how forceful they are being with guests...I know they won't stop me from seeing Remember and DEP in the same night. That's why I pay for a Park Hopper. For those like me, I think the best bet is to watch the parade in Paradise Pier and then sneak out through Grizzly Peak Recreation Area and then right to the gates. Shouldn't be too bad if you hurry and can beat the crowds at Sunshine Plaza out.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!