Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Thanks`

I feel Much better now thanks THE BOB and all the rest for helping me find my correct mindset

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by llama5492
    What Ride(S) WOuld You Like to see Holiday Themed or Refurbed! There are only 2 right now and i think its time disneyland and/or DCA came up with a new one as well!
    There are like 2 1/2 rides. They make StorybookLand all Christmas-y. They don't do a huge thing like HM or Small World, but they put lights on the houses, wreaths, Xmas trees, and Poinsettia.

I think it would be cool if they re-did Pooh...oh wait, that's the regular version. I think Splash would be kinda cool.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Minion

Rides should be holiday themed because they have some kind of story attachment. HMH is great because it ties in perfectly with the HM theme, Christmas, and its own theme. If Disney starts making all their rides holidayn themed for the sake of the Christmas season, then rides lose their personality. The Haunted Mansion is toungue in cheek anyway, but to have a Christmas theme in say, Pirates, would be a step backward since Pirates has a more serious tone.

It wouldn't really make sense to theme the Fantasyland attractions either, especially since they have nothing to tie themselves in with Christmas at all. And if Disney tried to somehow to do that, we have the equivalent of a cheap straight to video 2D movie about "Peter Pan's 1st Christmas"... Blah...

Not to mention the fact that the more rides are themed, the more rides go down for rehab, and anyone who visited the parks pre-May 5th can tell, Disneyland with a bunch of walls and signs is not very much fan, especially to the person who payed full price for his family of 6 to get in!

It's hard to theme DCA because Southern California doesn't really change that much in real life during the Winter months. In the forest area by the Grand Californian Hotel, they could cover everything with snow, but other than that, there's not much you could do besides cover everything with lights...

So all in all, I like things as they are.

• Disney Secrets Master

im only talking about theming one or two more rides holiday. But i can see your point.
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Gay day

Good point but i still say world peace day/GAy day overlay on splash would be a fun one

• Minion

Another point to keep in mind is that not everybody celebrates Christmas, let alone the holidays. So if there were Santa Hats EVERYWHERE, it might get a little annoying for some people, especially those who aren't Christian. I mean, it's DISNEYland, not JESUSland. (Not trying to offend anybody) Also, there are many people who are only able to come during the holidays, and enjoy seeing the original rides. I know one person who can only come during the holiday season and is getting pretty tired of seeing HMH, and really just wants to see the regular HM again. Maybe if they theme one more ride, then start switching them off? For example, this year have HMH and IASWH, the next year IASWH and Matterhorn Holiday (or whatever holiday themed ride), then the next year Matterhorn holiday and HMH, and so on. This would also mean that certain rides would not always be closed at certain times if the year (IE HMH during september). And, if they periodically took breaks from doing the holiday overlays, maybe they could add more and make them slightly different each year. Not to mention that the overlays would become more special if they were more infrequent.

Definitely a Mele Kalikimaka Tiki Room, including the lanai area. Lines would stretch to Main Street for sure. Dole Whip in some holiday flavor along with cider and hot cocoa at the juice bar.

• Silly me

In a castle far away from Cali....sad I know
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan
    Definitely a Mele Kalikimaka Tiki Room, including the lanai area. Lines would stretch to Main Street for sure. Dole Whip in some holiday flavor along with cider and hot cocoa at the juice bar.
    I would just love to be at DisneyLand when its decorated!
    Back to school back to school, to prove to dad Iím not a fool I have my lunch packed up, my shoes tied tight I hope I donít get in a fight oh back to school....

I'd love for them to do all the Xmas stuff over at DCA. Since I don't and never planning on going to DCA, that way I won't have to look at all that crap over in DL.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Lost in Wonderland

Put fake snow around the Autopia route, put snow chains on the tires, make some slippery pseudo-icy patches on the track, and put in a snow tunnel/cave.

Quote Originally Posted by hilsbro
    Good point but i still say world peace day/GAy day overlay on splash would be a fun one
    I have to say this is a terrible idea and I still can't tell if you are joking :confused:

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan
    SpectroMan, you read my mind
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

Quote Originally Posted by hilsbro
    no one ever replys to my posts I feel left out. I know if I was to put a not so great post up I would want people to tell me. Sorry Just had to get that out of my system move along Pleas give more Ideas. All of us here at mice age are creative

OK, no offense, but the color of your text kills my eyes, so I just kinda skip over your posts.

I'm sure you have brilliant ideas, but my poor eyes will never be able to adjust to that light green/yellow color!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Mermaid
    OK, no offense, but the color of your text kills my eyes, so I just kinda skip over your posts.

I'm sure you have brilliant ideas, but my poor eyes will never be able to adjust to that light green/yellow color!
    Same here.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries
    There are other holidays other than Christmas. Other holidays like memorial day, Micechat day and lots of others

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast