• Minion

Any Good Summer Times

Thought I'd start this for both myself and any other potential visitors.

Generally I have sworn off summer trips, but it does not look like I will be able to make it down before June and I hate to wait until fall.

Is there any time, maybe mid week, that isnt too bad in terms of crowds and weather during the summer months ??
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Any Good Summer Times

Sure seems like with the opening of Nemo and the new Pirate's Lair and all, it's gonna be bonkers again all summer...

My experiences are dated...and bear in mind that we are talking in "relative" terms here...but it might be a bit better if you look at perhaps a Monday or a Tuesday type thing...forget the weekends unless you can come very early, stay very late, and find somewhere to hide or something that's not as crowded to do for about six to eight hours.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

The only reason I would come on weekend is to do the Sunday meet
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Koubu Pilot

August seems better in terms of crowds than June/July. It's also dry. Tue-Thurs are the slower days. If you have to go on a weekend, Sunday is better than Saturday.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    Thought I'd start this for both myself and any other potential visitors.

Generally I have sworn off summer trips, but it does not look like I will be able to make it down before June and I hate to wait until fall.

Is there any time, maybe mid week, that isnt too bad in terms of crowds and weather during the summer months ??
    1 Am to 8 AM. No crowds to speak of. Except the Security guys who might swarm.

Very quiet. Sometimes a bit cool.

Hard to get on the rides, However.

Also, getting food and eats is a problem. Maybe can scarf some from the cans before the night custodial get to them.

Then there's those guys with the big hoses.

And watch out for the trucks zooming around.

• Minion

LOL

Actually it would be pretty cool to get in then.

I doubt I will come down in summer, but I hate to go so long with no Disney, Pocky or Judimouse fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    1 Am to 8 AM. No crowds to speak of. Except the Security guys who might swarm.

Very quiet. Sometimes a bit cool.

Hard to get on the rides, However.

Also, getting food and eats is a problem. Maybe can scarf some from the cans before the night custodial get to them.

Then there's those guys with the big hoses.

And watch out for the trucks zooming around.

• Defying gravity

Well, normally I would recommend June over July for weather, crowds, etc. However, this summer of Nemo and Pirates will, without a doubt, be outrageous. August would probably be the best time. As always, crowds are really hard to predict.......

Disneyland is never not crowded anymore. Summer just guarantees that it will be very busy. You really only have your choice of the following now;

1. Crowded
    2. Really Crowded
    3. So Crowded They Closed The Turnstiles And You Can't Get In

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    LOL

Actually it would be pretty cool to get in then.

I doubt I will come down in summer, but I hate to go so long with no Disney, Pocky or Judimouse fixes.
    I agree with you tiggerfan. Although I said I would wait till fall that is such a long time to wait without Disneyland. I am trying to convince a friend to get an AP and we are probably going in a couple weeks.

• Embrace the kitsch!

I've found the first two weeks of June to be a surprise window. The weather's not too hot, the crowds are livable, and the hotels are almost reasonable. It reminds me of how Spring Break used to be before the conventions started coming all the time.

You used to be able to go in the spring and have it be pretty well uncrowded and the hotel rates were pretty good. Ever since the "resort" makeover, it's cheaper to go in June than in April or May!! Why? Spring is convention season. Everybody's on the company dime and so the hotels have no problem getting $200 a night for a two star. Anymore, the only time you can find a truly off season rate is during the week in the dead of winter.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• Minion

Hmm I might have to see about an early June trip if I can work out the timing.

Though last year I came down in June and it was one of the hottest June's ever.