• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

An unused parking level on a Saturday during Spring Break?

We went to the parks today and came across a strange sight. In the early evening, we went back to our car in the Mickey & Friends parking structure to get our jackets for the evening. We decided to scout out locations for watching the fireworks from the parking structure and headed up to the top level, Minnie. Much to our surprise it was empty!

What's wrong with this picture?

An empty Minnie level at 6:50pm

Seeing that it was Saturday during a busy Spring Break/Easter weekend, we were practically in shock. Does anyone know if the Minnie level has been closed for refurbishment or other reason? Or were there really not that many visitors to the park today? Well, we thought maybe it would be opened up in the evening for guests coming in for the nighttime entertainment. We were wrong.

An empty Minnie level at 9:45pm, post-fireworks

If anyone knows if Minnie was closed for a reason, we'd definitely love to hear about it. Otherwise, we can chalk this up as a strange twist this Spring Break.

• Minion

Re: An unused parking level on a Saturday during Spring Break?

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    We went to the parks today and came across a strange sight. In the early evening, we went back to our car in the Mickey & Friends parking structure to get our jackets for the evening. We decided to scout out locations for watching the fireworks from the parking structure and headed up to the top level, Minnie. Much to our surprise it was empty!

What's wrong with this picture?

An empty Minnie level at 6:50pm

Seeing that it was Saturday during a busy Spring Break/Easter weekend, we were practically in shock. Does anyone know if the Minnie level has been closed for refurbishment or other reason? Or were there really not that many visitors to the park today? Well, we thought maybe it would be opened up in the evening for guests coming in for the nighttime entertainment. We were wrong.

An empty Minnie level at 9:45pm, post-fireworks

If anyone knows if Minnie was closed for a reason, we'd definitely love to hear about it. Otherwise, we can chalk this up as a strange twist this Spring Break.
    It's the new Twilight Zone Parking Level of Terror

• Minion

Was the park crowded? Maybe it's because of the weather and all passes except premium were blocked out today.

The Park was busy on Saturday, but not as busy as the two weeks of Christmas or early December weekends. They didn't stop selling tickets this Spring Break, and they didn't stop letting AP's in. They also didn't have to divert cars to park at the Anaheim Convention Center or the Strawberry Fields parking lot, and then bus those people up to the entrance. They've done all of those things on many days at Christmas in years past.

In short, Disneyland was busy for Easter Vacation this year, but not as busy as it can be. And they still had a bunch of parking spaces left to use, obviously.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

I can't believe that they had an empty level yesterday! I haven't seen crowds like this since Xmas! It was packed yesterday. Every Fantasyland ride had overflow lines being placed, even Pinocchio went out and around to the princess shop. Monorail line was full in TL since about 11. And every ride had a wait time of atleast 30 min. I even left the park for about 45 minutes to head over to McDonalds for lunch and it took me 25 min to order the burger. And I'll add that the Angus Burgers are delicious go and try one! I hope tomorrow isn't any worse than Saturday, even though it is the first day of break for many schools.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Off topic ... I think the Angus burgers at McD's are very good ... back on topic.

TP2000 said it best. The Park was busy this past week, but not as busy as it can be. We never closed the turnstiles and we never stopped selling tickets. We do that day after day at Christmas, but it wasn't busy enough to do that this Easter. So no wonder they still had some parking spaces left.

• Circle of Ancients

That's odd, I've never seen them NOT using that level, even when it isn't busy. Hmmm.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If disneyland do not use top parking level.
    Only if it pack on lower level

the last level use.

there is a lot of days that Minnie is not use.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Functional & Decorative

I was there Saturday night, and it was busy, but certainly not packed. I arrived about 5:00 pm, and parking level 5 was only half-full. Haunted Mansion was a walk on. Buzz averaged 15-20 minutes. Pirates was about 10-15. The e-ticket rides were busy, but that's always the way anymore.

I have to say, I was actually a bit disappointed. I had heard it was a mini-gay day on Saturday. But I hardly saw any signs of it. I know it wasn't advertised very well, but I expected a bit more that what I saw. Anyone know what happened with that?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Well, surprisingly, the parks were not that crowded today. At last check tonight at DCA, Screamin' had a wait time of only 20 minutes, Soarin' at 15 minutes. The second lot, Lilo, at Downtown Disney was also completely empty. For some reason, today wasn't really crowded, but I don't expect this to remain the same these next couple days. With many schools out for Spring Break starting tomorrow, the parks should be packed...
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Goofy

Because of easter thats why. people go to churches and their families to nationl parks.