Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disney Secrets Master

Laser Tag at Disneyland

I don't know about you guys but i for one would love to see a massive laser tag attraction down at disneyland! I always wondered what laser tag would be like with a little disney magic! I Just think that that would be just totally awesome! So what Do You Guys Think?
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• Minion

No.

That is an attraction for cheap places like Knott's Berry Farm and local arcades. I want real attractions that I can't find anywhere else.

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    No.
    I would have to agree. This is somthing more that you would find around a scandia/camolot/funworks off the highway arcade place.
    Also....we have Buzz....same concept, no humuns and bloodshed.

A lazor tag would only cause anger between guests. I know from experiance, from playing Q-Zar as a kid all the time. We used to butt people with our guns when they shot us out of their base and had to make us go re-energise.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    A lazor tag would only cause anger between guests. I know from experiance, from playing Q-Zar as a kid all the time. We used to butt people with our guns when they shot us out of their base and had to make us go re-energise.
    Tampa's is fun... hehe

I don't see whats bad with lazer tag... at least it doesn't hurt like paintball.....

(imagine a night at disney land in the off season... when it closes early... you have 4 rounds.. two at DCA.. two at disneyland....

Imagine the possibilities...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Wasn't there supposed to be an attraction called Dick Tracys Crime Stoppers that used laser guns?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    Wasn't there supposed to be an attraction called Dick Tracys Crime Stoppers that used laser guns?
    Buzz lightyears evolved from that attraction..... same concept i hear...

first that.. then woody.. but then changed to buzz... They should ahve built Woody's ride at DL.... then they could market it and it is still same ride idea...

• I Hug My Tapirs

I'd say it'd be fun to bring laser tag stuff from a toy store into the park and play a big game, but I have a feeling security would take issue with that.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Laser tag isn't really that popular anymore...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Buzz lightyears evolved from that attraction..... same concept i hear...

first that.. then woody.. but then changed to buzz... They should ahve built Woody's ride at DL.... then they could market it and it is still same ride idea...
    So that's what happened to it....thanks for the info.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    No.

That is an attraction for cheap places like Knott's Berry Farm and local arcades. I want real attractions that I can't find anywhere else.
    Agreed!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

laser tag is fun, but it does have it's place - and DL just doesn't seem to be it. If they could put it in Downtown Disney that might work out.

• Official Mice Chat person

I've always wondered the same thing, "What kind of lazer tag could DISNEY make?" They probably thought the same thing, and ended up with BLAB.

When Lazer mania opened in my town moms protested when it opened, because it was a violent game. Just think what Moms would do if it was in Disneyland! I know BLAB can be considered violent, but you are shooting evil robots, not people. There is a difference.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I'll have to say, I'm not real enthused about laser tag in Disneyland. However... where could it go if it had to? Has anyone thought of theming it to the Old West and putting it out on Tom Sawyer's Island? I'm sure the Imagineers could figure out how to make it work in the daytime. Of course, Disney's liability attorneys would have an immediate, collective heart attack.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Shubisha

Magic mountain used to have a really really really really really bad laser shooting sort of attraction that, until you actually played it, looked like the most amazing thing ever as a little kid.

There was like this spaceship the doors with some fog effect open up and 2 people at a time walked in with laser guns. O_O I finally paid and did it when I was 10. Was weird inside

I was also an ultrazone junkie during jr high(the only lasertag I even liked in any sort of competitive nature). I don't think it belongs inside Disneyland though. Not to mention i don't think it'd ever pick up. They'd also have to charge for it, no way it'd be part of the price of admission.

• Minion

I associate laser tag with obnoxious preteens and overly agressive adults. So no.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast