Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

4/7/07 Photos: A Day with DCA Entertainment and Fireworks

Despite warnings of large Spring Break crowds at the parks, we decided to venture forth on Saturday afternoon into DCA. We presumed that the smaller park would be less crowded than DL. And we have been spending more time at DCA than DL over the past year--it's been growing on us.

Knowing that the lines for attractions would be long, we decided that the focus of this trip would be the entertainment offerings at DCA. One of the reasons we enjoy DCA is the entertainment--from the bands to the shows to the parades. Today's photo tour will include the familiar and some-not-so-familiar acts within DCA. HSM Pep Rally, Block Party Bash and Disney's Electrical Parade, naturally, are on the itinerary. But we will also see the Miner 49'ers and the Mariachi Divas--with guest appearances by Push the Talking Trashcan and the dynamic duo of Lightning McQueen and Mater. The day would end with a view of the fireworks from the Mickey & Friends parking structure. So, I'll stop procrastinating and get going.

We entered the park a little after 1:30pm, breezing quickly through the bag check and turnstiles. Maybe it wouldn't be so crowded after all. There was a quick stop at Soarin' to get fastpasses (5:55pm-6-55pm). Then we heard that there were some miners gathered by GRR, so we decided to take a look:

Jedadiah Jones was inviting people to come over...

...and listen to the Miner 49'ers play some songs

I love good fiddling. There would be another variety of string playing later.

After a fun, interactive set, Mr. Jones thanks the crowd for coming.

All that bluegrassy goodness made us hungry, so we went in search of chicken caesar salads at Pizza Oom Mow Mow. After creating a small mess while tossing one of the salads, we ate our lettuce and chicken and pronounced it good. We were brave enough to do a quick ride on the Golden Zephyr as the wait was only 15 minutes.

After a lovely spin on the Golden Zephyr, it was time for the High School Musical Pep Rally. We really like this show despite not being near the target demographic at all. LOL!

The two leads of HSM Pep Rally climb a ladder to sing about meeting that someone special.

There are basketball players...

And cheerleaders...

And sometimes, basketball players and cheerleaders together.

There are also random high school students.

Some of these students have career dreams that involve cooking and megaphones.

Look, someone is taking our picture.

Made you look!

The girl who plays "Stephanie" can really sing.

As the stage rolled away, we noticed that it wouldn't be long until the next scheduled appearance of Lightning McQueen and Mater. So we went to get a cup of coffee and wait. Soon, it would be photo opportunity time for fans of Cars.

Smiling CMs clear the way for Lightning McQueen and Mater

Maneuvering into position...

Mobbed by eager fans. Somewhere within this crowd are Lightning McQueen and Mater. Can you see them?

The man in the foreground is wiping tears of joy from his face, after finally being photographed with his hero, Lightning McQueen.

Their publicity obligations fulfilled, our two intrepid Cars head back to the garage.

We now take a brief time out from our entertainment tour of DCA for a flower break.

We'll be back in a few minutes with more from DCA, including appearances by the Mariachi Divas, Push the Talking Trashcan and the Block Party Bash!
    Last edited by Armadillo4; 04-08-2007 at 07:50 PM.

• Premium Youngling and

Re: 4/7/07 Photos: A Day with DCA Entertainment and Fireworks

Awesome pictures!

• Neep meep beep

Great photographs! With the close ups, I can see that some of the performers from High School Musical also perform in Block Party Bash!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Continuing our photo tour of DCA on 4/7/07...

After seeing the two popular Cars drive away, we went to use the restrooms in the area behind the Golden Dreams theater towards GRR. Push the Talking Trashcan happened to be there, making new friends.

We were guessing that the Robin Hood wannabe was either a fraternity initiation or someone who lost a bet

Flirting with spring breakers

Push almost got a date

Restroom duties fulfilled, we checked our trusty Times Guide and noticed that the Mariachi Divas would soon be playing in the Pacific Wharf District. Off we went to look for them. At first we thought they would be playing on the small stage by the Karl Strauss beer cart, but we were mistaken. We heard the familiar sounds of mariachi music coming from Cannery Row and saw the musicians making their way to the Pacific Wharf Cafe.

The Mariachi Divas entertained those eating an afternoon snack or an early dinner.

Different band members took turns with lead vocals

We really liked their costumes

We really liked this musician. She played to the crowd and had very good stage presence.

Posing for pictures after their set

If only our Spanish was any better, we could tell you what their songs were about. However, there were several Hispanic families eating and enjoying the show. They laughed quite a bit during a few of the songs and I'm sure the band appreciated that.

After the divas finished playing, it was time to find a party zone for Block Party Bash! When I first saw this parade last year, I didn't like it. But it has really grown on me. The energy and dancing and music is infectious. In a good way. LOL!

This drink vendor wasn't really part of the parade, but I thought his mobile drink cart was pretty cool

The Pixar characters are well represented in the parade

Who knew that Green Army Men had dance moves?

These two dancers had us cracking up

Any parade that asks you to scream is a good parade

And the trampoline acrobats are impressive.

But sadly, all parades must come to an end.

The last parade float rolling off.

When the parade was over, it was just about time for our Soarin' fastpasses. As always, our flight over the Golden State was a beautiful one. We are making plans to visit Yosemite next month in fact! I can't wait to see El Capitan and Half Dome in person again.

Back in a little bit with pictures from the Electrical Parade, Fireworks and an empty parking lot.

• Up is Down

cool t/r!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Very cool trip report! Loved the photos, even on a gloomy day such as this.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Can see my car from here

Very nice trip report! Thanks!
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Very nice TR. Thanks for sharing.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Goofy

Wonderful pictures thanks.

• Defying gravity

The girl who plays "Stephanie" can really sing.
    I think you mean, Gabrielle.

Wonderful pics. Thanks...it's nice to see something different.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Actually, thy were right the first time. The performers in the High School Musical Pep Rally are portraying High School students from East High who happen to be presenting songs from the film. They are not there to be "Troy" "Gabriella" "Ryan" "Sharpay" or anyone else in the movie itself.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Thanks everyone for the kind words! My cousin and I had a tremendously fun day and we wanted to share it

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Great photographs! With the close ups, I can see that some of the performers from High School Musical also perform in Block Party Bash!
    Good eye Froggy! We noticed this the last time we were at DCA. It makes a lot of sense to get the cast members involved in multiple shows if they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Very cool trip report! Loved the photos, even on a gloomy day such as this.
    Coheteboy, yeah we were sorta bummed about the gloomy and cool weather too. But that didn't deter us. Maybe it kept some of the crowds away.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Wonderful pics. Thanks...it's nice to see something different.
    DisneyPrincess4590, thanks saying that! I'm finding that I'm enjoying different things at the parks than when I was younger. So I thought it was appropriate to post about those things that I go do and see at DCA--like the bands and parades. LOL!

Regarding the names, we were discussing this on the drive home. I thought this character introduced herself as "Stephanie" at the beginning of the Pep Rally, but my cousin was like, "there's no Stephanie in HSM, it's Gabrielle." So we looked up some HSM Pep Rally clips on YouTube (there are quite a few) and the cast names do change. One clip has them introducing themselves as Natalie and Zach, while another clip has Stephanie and JP. I think they've changed the names to make it clear that this is not the movie cast, but a more of a musical revue.

• Banned User

Fantastic shots! !! Thanks for sharing them!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

awesome so far

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Popular Princess

awesome pics! love the close ups! thanx for sharing!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast