Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland is the world's 2nd most visited theme park.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    So are you saying that DCA detracts from DL attendance and, if not for DCA, DL might increase attendance over the MK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treat View Post
    so are you saying that WDW can send u to anyone of there 3 other parks if lets say MK gets to capacity. But DL cant do this because all they have is DCA???
    First one needs to compare the size of Disneyland to the Magic Kingdom. Disneyland is a little less that 100 acres, whereas magic Kingdom is more than 100 acres. Disneyland fills to capacity much easier than Magic Kingdom.

Disney's California Adventure detracts from long stays at the Disneyland Resort. Walt Disney World has many more offerings than Disneyland Resort. There is also a lack of non-park competition in Florida (exactly what DCA tried to replicate and keep people away from).

Magic Kingdom is also "Disneyworld park". There are people who will go to Florida, hit the Magic Kingdom and be satisfied that they have been to "Disneyworld". Completely oblivious that they passed a sign saying "Welcome to the Walt Disney World" miles back and passed a lot of stuff on the way.

How does Disney's california adventure detract from long stays at the Disneyland resort?

sorry that does not make sense. SInce DCA opened multiple stays have increase. That is the reason why Disneyland resort has a 90% occupancy rate for their three hotels and more than a 70% for surrounding hotels.

The diference between WDW and ANaheim is that at WDW people tend to stay for a week compared to Anaheim which is averaged at 3 days.

WDW also adds park hopping clicks Anaheim does not. Parkhopping at WDW is much more common with tourist

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    WDW also adds park hopping clicks Anaheim does not. Parkhopping at WDW is much more common with tourist
    When there are four parks, guests just keep hopping.

Although, it has surprised me at the number of guests who purchase base tickets (1 park/1 day) to save the $38/ticket. More power to them, I guess but park hopping isn't ALWAYS the situation - it's having the parks and the "Disney" one is the main, must see and do regardless of location. It seems to be the world wide trend too.

• Pilot EdForceOne

all this talk about DLR turning away guests. For what.. 10-20 days a year? And how many guests get turned away, maybe 10k if you are lucky? The numbers are not all that significant in the scheme of MILLIONS.

The answer is pretty simple.. people goto WDW for longer, it has more international pull, and more things around it to draw guests into the area. Few if any people travel to DLR for a week to do Disney.. where thats pretty normal for WDW. All that time on property.. where do you think they are guaranteed to go? MK

• Koubu Pilot

Seems like Disneyland sees its fair share of Europeans and Asians. I've seen guests with Chinese maps, I've met a British couple on the monorail, I've seen families from India, I even saw a Japanese guy wearing a pair of ears that say "Megumi" (meaning those ears belong to his girlfriend. Ha!). It is a small world after all...

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    Seems like Disneyland sees its fair share of Europeans and Asians. I've seen guests with Chinese maps, I've met a British couple on the monorail, I've seen families from India, I even saw a Japanese guy wearing a pair of ears that say "Megumi" (meaning those ears belong to his girlfriend. Ha!). It is a small world after all...
    Yes, but you can't go far in WDW without finding a Brit. Not as if it's a bad thing... it's just there.

• May the F=ma be with you

How many Brazillian tour groups consisting of 180 or more teens does DLR get?
    Every visit, I see at least 6 and several other "flag" or "single coloured shirt groups".

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    First one needs to compare the size of Disneyland to the Magic Kingdom. Disneyland is a little less that 100 acres, whereas magic Kingdom is more than 100 acres. Disneyland fills to capacity much easier than Magic Kingdom.

Disney's California Adventure detracts from long stays at the Disneyland Resort. Walt Disney World has many more offerings than Disneyland Resort. There is also a lack of non-park competition in Florida (exactly what DCA tried to replicate and keep people away from).

Magic Kingdom is also "Disneyworld park". There are people who will go to Florida, hit the Magic Kingdom and be satisfied that they have been to "Disneyworld". Completely oblivious that they passed a sign saying "Welcome to the Walt Disney World" miles back and passed a lot of stuff on the way.
    i heard MK was only 7 acres bigger than DL tho......guess not.
    pshhh i guess

• Drunk On Disney

Disneyland is a lot smaller than Magic Kingdom -- 85 acres as opposed to 107 acres.
    Source=http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/tp/dl/dlmk.htm

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

i was wrong disneyland IS on 100 acres but only 85 of it is entertainmen. IM NEVER RIGHTlol
    pshhh i guess

• Minion

Wow, if you really work the numbers, Disneyland is actually #1
    Based on capacity size, wouldn't you say? I mean it really shows it's popularity!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12