Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Defying gravity

Question Restaurant chains opening in Disneyland

I am expanding on a topic mentioned in another thread on Mice Chat. Would any of you like to see restaurant chains open in Disneyland? (Given the proper theming, of course.) There is already McDonald's and French Market has Stouffer's food. Other places also have sponsors, but still not the food from that company. DL is not a food business, so it just seems logical to outsource/bring these companies in to improve the food. What are everyone's thoughts on this subject? Would bringing in food from restaurant chains detract from the theming/uniqueness of DL?

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Restaurant chains opening in Disneyland

Maybe in Downtown Disney, but not inside the parks themselves.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

No Restaurant chains to open in Disneyland - period. Now, using Stouffer's food, that's a different thing. I know of no such Stouffer's restaurant.

I don't like that McDonald's has 'places' in Disneyland and DCA. I think the one across the street on Harbor Blvd is close enough.

• Super saucy pixie!

No, I don't want anything from the outside in Disneyland. I like to get away from all the chain restaurants while I'm in the park. Downtown Disney would be different though. But I'm happy with the restaurants there... I'd be happier if the Jazz Kitchen always had the red velvet cake though! Delish!!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Other places also have sponsors, but still not the food from that company.
    Dole Whip and Dole Pineapple Juice. Both are Dole products.

It is definitely a fine line. The park has a long history of sponsors and their food items inside the park. It all depends on quality, story, and design.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    It is definitely a fine line. The park has a long history of sponsors and their food items inside the park. It all depends on quality, story, and design.
    Right, that's what I mean. If the food is properly themed, but it just happens to be from - I don't know...let's say Olive Garden (sorry, I just ate there...first thing off the top of my head), would you mind? Or do you like that most of the food from DL is uniquely Disney? Even if it is just "fast food"...........

I really am not sure what I think. McDonald's french fries in Frontierland does kinda bother me. I am just trying to gather different opinions on the subject....

• Banned User

I'm very much against it. I believe that the Disney Corporation should come up with their own foods, theming, etc. Part of what I enjoy about visiting are the treats that I have there (monte cristo, pommes frites, etc.). I have not EVER bought McD's fries there. It's against all I believe in. If Starbucks opened in there (and I am living in Seattle....the CAPITAL of Starbucks)....I'd flip out and I'd go to Market House to get coffee anyway!!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Olive Garden I would mind, its blech at best.

McDonalds is bothersome becomes it reflects, at its earliest, 1950s Americana. It has no logical place inside Disneyland. Dole works outside the Enchanted Tiki Room because pinapples are tropical and exotic in our minds. Nestle was founded in 1866, so Nestle ice cream does not appear to contradict Main Street, USA. It is all in finding the proper place.

• Done waiting!!

I'd say using (and promoting to a limited degree) food PRODUCTS (like Dole, Stouffers, Nestle, etc.) would be okay but franchising an entire restaurant in the park kind of kills the illusion that you're in a different time and place.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind a Claim Jumper in Frontierland.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

While it technically sits outside the gates of the park, there is a Rainforest Cafe at Disney's Animal Kingdom. The park and the franchise are so close in their theme and message they make for a very nice fit together.

DL is not a food business, so it just seems logical to outsource/bring these companies in to improve the food.
    And therein lies the fallacies of the question. Of course Disneyland is a food business!!! Disneyland and the other Disney Parks have been one of the biggest food providers and restaurant operators in the world...for decades!!!

That's like saying Disneyland isn't in the merchandise business, or in the ride business, or in the entertainment business.

Disneyland is the sum of all these parts. That's what makes it Disneyland!

And the second fallacy is that by bringing in outside concerns, it would improve the food. Considering that the food quality if pretty darn good in the Park already for the pricepoints that are expected in Theme Park environments...that would be a pretty big assumption to make.

And then lets talk about those pricepoints. We all know how much that $4.79 Big Mac Value Meal sells for inside a Disney Park...like close to $9. What do you think Olive Garden's $14.99 plate 'o pasta would be retailed at inside the berm? Yeah...that's right. Disney's "rent" to outsiders ain't cheap, 'ya know? We all benefit greatly when Disney operates their own fool locations.

IMHO.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Considering that the food quality if pretty darn good in the Park already for the pricepoints that are expected in Theme Park environments...that would be a pretty big assumption to make.
    I have to comment about this.. this statement just makes me think of some photo of the menu of the pizza place in DCA I think it was.. $6/slice and $36 (?) for a pie.. that's good? That sounds like flat out robbery to me.

I find the food pricing 'reasonable' in WDW considering its a theme park, but not great. Nor are the menus in the CS places.. but we digress into another slippery slope there

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Right, that's what I mean. If the food is properly themed, but it just happens to be from - I don't know...let's say Olive Garden (sorry, I just ate there...first thing off the top of my head), would you mind? Or do you like that most of the food from DL is uniquely Disney? Even if it is just "fast food"...........

I really am not sure what I think. McDonald's french fries in Frontierland does kinda bother me. I am just trying to gather different opinions on the subject....
    Disney try Avalon Cove Restaurant in DCA but the number come in to the park with big buck. For two people pay for dinner $125.00 doller.

the was three Restaurant in DCA was open on the frist day and One close and last two Restaurant disneyland took it over. the restaurant chain did lose money.
    Read miceage.com Yesterland

http://www.yesterland.com/avaloncove.html
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I have to comment about this.. this statement just makes me think of some photo of the menu of the pizza place in DCA I think it was.. $6/slice and $36 (?) for a pie.. that's good? That sounds like flat out robbery to me.
    It is robbery. But that's typical in the "new" Disneyland of today. That's not really the question though. The question is that if Dominos or Papa Johns were in there instead, would they be any cheaper? I say based on past the current examples...no. And their quality might actually be less too.

Now...if you want $8.99 a slice Wolfgang Puck...

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast