View Poll Results: Do you do Disneyland without your kids?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES- it's a fun way to enjoy the park by yourself

51 41.46%
  • Sometimes- but it's more fun with my kids

34 27.64%
  • NO- what kind of parent goes to DL without kids?

11 8.94%
  • ALL the time- DL is better without the kids

27 21.95%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

Disneyland without your kids

How many people have gone to Disneyland without your kids? Why and did you enjoy it?

Since 2001 I have been to a Disney park (DL or WDW) eight times- 2 of which were kidless.

In October of 2006 I came out for a wedding-so it was just me. I was horribly lonely at the park without my kids though- missed them alot. Everywhere I went there was a memory of being there with them and it was not as much fun as I had initially thought it would be.

Just over a week ago I was there alone again-but I spent the entire weekend in the company of friends so I was not doing the park alone. It made it more bearable- though I still missed the kids.

I'll be back- sooner than later I am sure- but I plan on traveling with the kids (planning a special trip with my oldest, planning a family trip etc etc) but I was wondering how other people felt about DL without kids.

There are guidebooks on WDW without kids- surely there is something like that for DL as well.

So- do you do DL without your kids?

• Minion

Re: Disneyland without your kids

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    So- do you do DL without your kids?
    No, I enjoy going with them. But mine are now young adults, and we actually scour the family for children to take. (I am the oldest of 8, so I have 11 nieces and nephews between 2 and 9.) My kids would prefer to go without me, I slow them down, but they tolerate me most of the time. They will tell you I am not a very happy camper when I am left alone in the park. I am a people person, I like going on rides with others, not as a single.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Circle of Ancients

It depends on what we are doing.

For NYE we generally go without the kids because they don't understand that you can't ride much, plus it's just too crowded.

If it's just to hang out with people and really not do much riding, then no kids.

We generally make about 2 or 3 trips a year without the kids. But as a general rule we don't go without them.

We are making our first non-kids WDW trip next month, we'll see how that goes.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

My children are young adults now 18 and 22. We still bring them on occasion but according to them they are burnt out on going as much as we do because we took them too much when they were younger. My husband and I love going alone because we can go at a much more casual pace. We do take younger nieces and nephews during the summer and have fun with them but for the most part I prefer going just with my husband.

somewhere I can go on VMK and micechat...

uhh....i don't have any kids...I technically am still one...>_<

but yes... it would be fun to be there all alone..
    I'm the little voice in your head.GO PLAY VMK!!
    " I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion the it will start a chain reaction of the same."
    - the wise words of Rachel Joy Scott 1982-1999

• official corn dog taster

i rarely go with me nephews...most of the time its just us adults...much better if you ask me!
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I voted yes only because I do do Disneyland without my son. I am divorced so it is only because of my situation than by choice. And I admit I do tend to enjoy it more without him. Don't confuse this by thinking I don't like it with him but it is a different experience. Not better not worse, but different. The only reason I say it is less enjoyable is because an 8 year old's energy wears me out quick. But other than that we usually have a blast and I like to take him as often as I can.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I voted yes only because I do do Disneyland without my son. I am divorced so it is only because of my situation than by choice. And I admit I do tend to enjoy it more without him. Don't confuse this by thinking I don't like it with him but it is a different experience. Not better not worse, but different. The only reason I say it is less enjoyable is because an 8 year old's energy wears me out quick. But other than that we usually have a blast and I like to take him as often as I can.
    We're in the same boat my friend. I go often without my daughters but I take them to the park a lot too. I enjoy the park both with and without my kids.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

I don't have any kids yet. I just like going with my husband or sometimes I'll stop by, by myself after work to grab some lunch and take some pictures. I can't wait until I have kids though, I think it will make Disneyland a more magical place for me, just like when I was a kid.

My husband and I have gone alone just a few times since we had our son. Our son is almost 2 now and it s great to see how much he enjoys the park. Since he talks more now he will say "lets go see ickey" he just can't get that M in there yet. And when he thinks we are there he gets all excited. Poor kid thought we were there the other day cause we were in a parking structure at IKEA.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The only time I go without the kids is when I'm buying Birthday or Christmas presents for the kids. I don't think I could go alone. That would take my Disney obsession to incredible heights.

Chad

• Hiding in the shadows

Both are fun for me. I love going alone because I can do whatever I want, ride stuff or just wander and take pics. Also sinc emy kids are yound, going alone or with no kids means getting to ride things that I don't get to all that often.

For the most part, I couldn't imagine not taking the Girl with me if it was an opportunity to do so, just because she loves it there so much. But every now and then its a nice break.

before I met DH I used to go by myself all the time, such great fun.

A little piece of heaven

• Artsy Fartsy

I always go with out the boy. He's been to DL 3 times, he dosn't seem to enjoy it like a regular kid would. (he's autistic)

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Blow me to Bermuda!

I've only been in the park once without her. The now XH and I had one free evening during her choir trip a couple years ago. He's a stick in the mud though and truly doesn't get it so it's much more fun to go with her.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

• Drunk On Disney!

My parents were there without me twice. But they say they like when I am there.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast