• Someone's excited!

Arrow Relating to TSI: NOS and Critter Country

Okay, well while falling asleep last night I was thinking about Disneyland. One of the thoughts I thought () was how TSI related to Critter Country and NOS. Now looking from NOS across the river to TSI is really out of the theme of the place you are...with the one notable exception of they both have Pirate things. Is it just me or is it a little odd that, that is. Same for Critter Country. Here we are in a land where we are supposed to be in the woods. And we look out and see this whole island with treehouses and pirate stuff. That is just out of theme! Now my question and challenge to you MiceChatters is how could Disney make TSI at least a little like the lands around it? How could they make it fit into the theme?
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

• Closed Account

Re: Relating to TSI: NOS and Critter Country

I would design a wild themed area based on the works of Samuel Langhorn Clemens. It would be based on the Missouri frontier of the 1830s, and would feature caves and such as described by Mr. Clemens. It would have a cool fort on the far end of the island that would feature authentic timber construction, rifles in the stockades and a cool escape tunnel.

It would be interactive, and allow kids to use their imaginations, without a formatted "story" being told to them.

It may not be in vogue, but I think it could work.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    I would design a wild themed area based on the works of Samuel Langhorn Clemens. It would be based on the Missouri frontier of the 1830s, and would feature caves and such as described by Mr. Clemens. It would have a cool fort on the far end of the island that would feature authentic timber construction, rifles in the stockades and a cool escape tunnel.

It would be interactive, and allow kids to use their imaginations, without a formatted "story" being told to them.

**uses the enormous surplus sarcasm from that post, dries it, breaks it up into little chunks and sells it as MiceChat memorabilia for $20 a throw**

• Minion

it would be twice the size of the real estate available.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Putting pirates on there is a challenge. But prior to that TSI fit in like a glove. The Tom Sawyer theme was never greatly exaggerated. One can expect rivers in Critter Countries and in the Frontier. And New Orleans is on the Mississippi, so I don't see how it didn't fit it prior to this ridiculous pirate overlay.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

No, there's no way that would work in the limited amount of space they've got to work with over there. Otherwise it would have been tried by now!

Hmmmm. Now there's an idea. But I'd bet it wouldn't last longer than 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Hmmmm. Now there's an idea. But I'd bet it wouldn't last longer than 50 years.

It's a good thing Eisner and Rasulo never had control of Mark Twain's novels, or they might have only lasted fifty years, too.

• Disney worshipper/geek

God, no! Are you crazy?! This author has no relevance today! How can you even suggest such a stale old book that they only teach as true American Literature!? Who wants to pay good money for that?

Imagination? The only person allowed to use their imagination in Disneyland and on that island is a mouse that is 5ft. tall. Imagination...what will those nuts think of next...
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005