Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NEW Pirate's lair show at Tom Sawyer island rendering!

Hello all, Alain Littaye, here. You know my articles as a guest writer on miceage - the latest being about DLP 15th event -
    You can see the first rendering of the upcoming pirate's lair show at Tom Sawyer's island! and in high defintion and big size on my new blog that i'm happy to announce the creation to you. I will be pleased to download it here, but i don't know how to do!!!
    The blog is called "Disney and more" and although it is a blog, it's nearly a web site with photos, videos, disney art-work, etc... you will find on it the latest news about theme parks - right now you can be the first to discover the art work for the coming pirate's lair show on tom sawyer island!...and you can download it in high-def!
    You will find on the blog not only many news, but too, a mine of documents, renderings, historical disney photo , etc...and you can even watch on it videos of the latest trailers or extinct attractions, etc...
    And because there is not only Disney in life, you will find, too, news about movies, great actors, creators, and lot of other things that i like and that i think can be of interest or fun for everybody.

Very logically, the blog name is "Disney and more " and the web adress to keep in your computer is: http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/

Have a look to the Pirate's lair rendering ! Each day there will be some great news , so come to visit it regularly and enjoy it!

Alain Littaye

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: NEW Pirate's lair show at Tom Sawyer island rendering!

Wow. That picture is...disturbing. To me it looks like they took a bunch of the AA's from Pirates and stuck them on the front of TSI. Being friends with people who barely let their 8 year olds ride Pirates due to the violence, I can only imagine what their thoughts will be if this is the end result.

I was excited a little about the Pirates Lair, but now, not so much. Perhaps it is because my son is named Sawyer in part because that is daddy's favorite place at DL, so we have a connection to the place. (He is older than the show "lost" so it isn't from that at all) I'm still reserving final judgement until it is done, but right now it isn't looking so good!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

I kinda love it. Is that weird? I love the Americana of TSI but I haven't gone there in years and this looks like a lot of fun. I mean it falls within one of the 4 rules of cool; Pirates, Ninjas, Robots and Monkeys!

Its going to make that area a traffic nightmare again and its not doing much to draw people to other places in the parks. I could see crickets being heard over at DCA during the Pirate Show.

Maybe Fatasmic is totally done and replaced and the DCA World of Color thing will be the new night time thing because it seems that they should just put in stadium seating over there if its going to be all about shows day and night.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I've seen the photo before, but not in such high def! Nice to see the details so much better! I like how they continued the nod to Lafitte.

I'm so excited about this...it looks and sounds like it's going to be a ton of fun, IMO.

btw guys, this artwork does not dictate what we're specifically going to see on the island, but rather the spirit of it. So just because this artwork shows pirates in certain odd places, does not mean we're going to have pirate AA's in those spots.

• Unhelpful User

That picture was posted before but the quality wasn't nearly as good, so thanks for that.

Most people freaked out that they were changing so much, but really when you look at it it's almost exactly the same as what's in that location now.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

wow, I love it.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Main Gypsy

Hmmm....
    I like the rendering...looks kinda cool...
    Will they still have canoes on the River with the added ability to shoot cannons at them?
    I will just have to wait and see the final project I guess

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I've seen the photo before...
    Probably right here almost a month ago:

[News] - Concept Art for Pirate's Lair (Merged)

Never mind the "probably." I now see you posted in that thread, so that is certainly where you saw it before.

All I can say about the concept art is eeeeww, probably wont see that hangin in the disneyland gallery, it looks like it might be over the top, they should of added a shooting gallery on the middle of the island, right now it looks like a distraction an eye sore. All the games would have been cooler if they were to be discovered deep within the island. One vote for this sucks.

• Minion FOREVER!

Hi, Alain, Definitely appreciate all your work...

However, this picture (and now that I can see it more clearly) is almost definitely
    a rendering of the TSI day time show. Not the TSI Pirate's Lair concept.
    For example, the people on the rafts are definitely CMs w/ Pirates gear on
    and not likely visitors. (although maybe a certain selection). Also the mast
    depicted is almost exactly at the place that the one that was placed there
    via helicopter recently. (near Lafitte's Landing).

Anyway, thinking as such, then the show looks quite good. But I'll keep an
    open mind about this until I see it.... (hopefully in the summer?)

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

As much as the portrayal makes it look all exciting and depicts the show to be a hunge undertaking, the reality is that there are exactly four people in the show itself...

If the island ends up looking one fourth as 'full of pirate activity' as this depicts, I'll honestly be very surprised.

It's going to be awesome, and a summer must do definitely! I just think the rendering is a little... much

• Infinitized!

I'm wondering how, that is if, the pirate elements are going to be integrated into Fantasmic? Are they going to use the masts in the show (Fantasmic)?

• Banned User

It looks like they added a pirate mast and a fat guy. Is that it? Is there some kind of featureset or list of additions I can look at? It doesn't seem like there's all that much to get excited about.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Pretty interesting!

And I just noticed that in the rendering, the Columbia is dressed up in her 50th garb. Look at the blue and yellow bunting. I wonder if that says anything as to when they were projecting to have this project done.

I have posted a number of construction photos from the Pirate Lair at Tom Sawyer Island at the bottom of my website:
    http://davelandweb.com/tomsawyerisland
    Here are a few:

See vintage & current Disneyland photos, 24/7
    http://davelandweb.com/disneyland
    http://davelandblog.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast