Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New sub lagoon showbuilding

Does anyone know if the roof of the new show building is complete?

The rest of the lagoon and rock work looks very nice, but the roof just looks a bit odd to me. The color is too light and very fake looking compared to the rock work.
    Is it supposed to look like a sandy area behind the rocks? Will water fill this area and flow through the cracks down the side of the new rock work?

Any thoughts or info?

Re: New sub lagoon showbuilding

well that triggers a question in my mind. Has the original show building changed???
    pshhh i guess

Yes, they extended the original show building into the outside lagoon. Look at any current pictures from the monorail of the lagoon to see what I'm talking about. It is the smooth surface that is a light tan color.

o yes i do know about the extension, i was thinking you meant changes in the original show building. i was wondering about that sandy area too.
    pshhh i guess

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

The are planting grass on he side of the new show building on the autopia side. But I think the roof of the new building will remaind the light tan color to simulate sand.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

the grass have been plant it and the rock will be that color.

may be only place that the water flow will be the mouth of the cave.
    there is no picture of disneyland test the water fall.

the new buliding is done.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by OneMansDream View Post
    Does anyone know if the roof of the new show building is complete?

The rest of the lagoon and rock work looks very nice, but the roof just looks a bit odd to me. The color is too light and very fake looking compared to the rock work.
    Is it supposed to look like a sandy area behind the rocks? Will water fill this area and flow through the cracks down the side of the new rock work?

Any thoughts or info?
    I had mentioned this in a previous thread. Actually the roof is very reminiscent of how such rocky features appear in nature. I suggest you take a trip to Big Corona del Mar State Beach which is in Corona del Mar, a beach town located about 20 minutes south of Disneyland. There is an area on this beach called Pirate's Cove (named after the old Erroll Flynn pirate movies that were filmed there) with a large rocky outcropping at least 4 times larger than the sub show building, also the rocks are a lot more pale in color. You should be able to view the top of this outcropping from a bluff that overlooks the beaches, in a park called Inspiration Point. In any case, the top of this outcropping is worn down as it is largely sandstone and the wind, rain, and people using it to access the beaches have worn it down to where the top of it looks very similar to the roof of the sub show building.

Although I do think water is going to flow in this area, I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with the roof as it is now.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy View Post
    The are planting grass on he side of the new show building on the autopia side. But I think the roof of the new building will remaind the light tan color to simulate sand.
    Yes, that is not a gimmick. This actually appears in nature, from my post above.

• Banned User

the new showbuilding is dumb it takes up way too much of the lagoon and destroy's the original grand look of the "Submarine Lagoon" now it looks more like The Submarine Docking Station.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    the new showbuilding is dumb it takes up way too much of the lagoon and destroy's the original grand look of the "Submarine Lagoon" now it looks more like The Submarine Docking Station.
    I agree. i thought it would be cool when they were building it. But know that its built and the water is in the Lagoon, it looks rather large. It really takes the magnificence out of the lagoon.
    pshhh i guess

Thumbs down Re: New sub lagoon showbuilding

You people amaze me.

gheez.
    -Wes

• Beach Expert

I don't see anything wrong with this.

I was originally afraid of the show building extension taking up the whole lagoon, especially while it was under construction. However, after seeing photos of the completed extension in the flooded lagoon, I'm not worried about it. I think that there is still PLENTY of lagoon left for the subs to show off in. Just checkout this Darkbeer photo:

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2685001#142253556

I also think the extension provides a nice backdrop to the dock. It almost seems very "Vulcania"-like.

Besides, the attraction here are the subs, not the lagoon. I can still watch the subs float by while waiting in line for the Matterhorn, so I'm happy.

Don't forget there may be water flowing around up there.

• Banned User

I just cant get over how the monorail goes above the new cave! I think It looks cool and like your passing through a beach! BTW, isn't there a bowl like thing sticking out where the water for the waterfall will be held?

-Jojo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast