Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• The Purifier

Adventureland Guest Control

I didn't see that anyone else posted about this. Did anyone else have a problem with the guest control? I experienced this for the first time on Friday and Saturday and I hated it. I was not allowed to enter Adventureland. I was told that I had to go around through Frontierland to get into Adventureland. This was the most inconvenient crowd control I have ever seen and I wish they would stop it. I actually had to go through Frontierland to use the Adventureland restrooms! When I tried to cut through the store that links Adventureland and Frontierland, I was directed by a cast member that I had to go all the way around, even though the restrooms were 10 feet away.

I was pretty angry about it and went to city hall and complained about it. The lady I spoke to there knew nothing about it.

I understand that Adventureland is a very crowded place but the guest control that they came up with is extremely inconvenient. I actually at one point had to lie to say that I was going to Tiki Room just to get into Adventureland.

It was ridiculous.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
    -Walt Disney

• It's all nonsense

Re: Adventureland Guest Control

If they didnt' do that, traffic in Adventureland would just stand still as it gets so crowded. Then you couldn't get anywhere.

Edit: There are also restrooms at Rancho Del Zocalo you could have used.

• Rock Star Minion

You should have done "the dance." Most CMs would make an exception tot he rule for a dancing guest.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• The Purifier

I checked the Rancho Del Zocalo restrooms and it was a line of about 20 women.

I also tried the 'dance' and it did not work. The girl still told me to go around.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

They need to take down that extra Tarzan entrance tree that stands in front of the Pirates bridge - - it clogs the flow. Also - - getting rid of FastPass on Indy would help (strollers could go there).

• Golden Dreamer!

Wasn't there rumors that the Indy Fastpass would be removed?

• U. B. Bold

I agree with the OP that this is ridiculous. If the Park is now so crowded that this kind of thing is truly nessessary, then perhaps it is time to cap the daily attendence at a lower number. If the Park is so crowded that it can no longer be fully enjoyed by the guests then why come in at all?
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    You should have done "the dance." Most CMs would make an exception tot he rule for a dancing guest.
    I think urgent need for access to a toilet constitutes a quasi-emergency and justifies an exception to most policy-type rules. I recall the sorry consequences of my own sudden attack of morning-sickness while shopping at a store that had bathrooms that were employees-only and a store clerk who refused to make an exception.

Katprint

• The Purifier

Sad Re: Adventureland Guest Control

I agree that the tree to the treehouse should be taken down.

Get rid of the Indy fastpasses??? NOOOOO!!!
    -Walt Disney

I agree taking out fastpass for Indy would help tremendously in that area. it was so negligent to put it in that area. Indy and the space are the main reasons for such congestion. But how would removing an extra entrance help merlin???
    pshhh i guess

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

If you go to Disneyland on a busy day be prepared to have to walk a little extra. The GC is doing their job, and they are doing it for a reason. The CMs who work those shifts (and thats all Attractions CMs) DO NOT LIKE TO HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE "NO". Please, just do what you are being asked to do in these situations, it actually is for your best interests. This is an evil that comes with having 50k+ people in the park.

• Golden Dreamer!

What about making the treehouse start near the second floor of the jungle cruise quene somehow?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I totally agree with the OP. All this talk of bathrooms just shows that their crowd control techniques have pretty much gone down the toilet! LOL

• Minion

>>But how would removing an extra entrance help merlin???<<

Next time you go, take a good look at the placement of that entrance tree. It is directly in the path of the Pirates bridge that used to suck up quite a number of guests walking toward New Orleans Square - - all of those guests are now forced down past Riverbelle Terrace and chaos ensues. The bridge is barely used now.

• Golden Dreamer!

Could a new enterance work to Adventureland work?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast