Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

A perfect Frontierland/Toontown transition!

Hey! Check out the new "Three Caballeros" ride at EPCOT (lots of pics at link). This ride would make the perfect transition between Toontown and Frontierland at Disneyland, in the Rancho area (and appeal to the many touristas and locals too)!

http://miceage.com/kevinyee/ky041007a.htm

And talk about economical to build... They already have all this new animation done!

• Golden Dreamer!

Re: A perfect Frontierland/Toontown transition!

That might just work. It makes sense in both lands.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Hey! Check out the new "Three Caballeros" ride at EPCOT (lots of pics at link). This ride would make the perfect transition between Toontown and Frontierland at Disneyland, in the Rancho area (and appeal to the many touristas and locals too)!

http://miceage.com/kevinyee/ky041007a.htm

And talk about economical to build... They already have all this new animation done!
    This is a Mexican Heritage celebration, not a "Three Caballeros" ride. The Birds are merely stuck in there for context. Epcot is the perfect venue for this, not Frontierland. This ride celebrates the Olmec, Aztec, and Mayan roots and traditions of the Mexican people. There was not even any mention of the vaqueros, or any Mexican presence in early California or Texas. This has nothing to do with Frontierland or ToonTown IMO--other than having cartoon characters wearing sombreros.

• Hooterville, USA

It would be good.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

No thanks. If I want to see animated characters on screens while being in water, I'll just wait to ride the Subs. I'd much prefer something better to take up the valuable Big Thunder Ranch real estate.

I don't even like this attraction in World Showcase.

There are two caballeros too many there.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Do you mean opening up a path between Frontierland and ToonTown? Beasue the only way to get to ToonTown is through Fantasyland. Please clarify, thanks...

ya, i here alot of people from WDWmagic or really displeased with this attraction.
    pshhh i guess

• Minion

>>Do you mean opening up a path between Frontierland and ToonTown?<<

Yes. It would help the flow. Both lands need new attractions - - Why not a new show building between that could house both Mickey PhilHarMagic on the Toontown side and (an upgraded) Three Caballeros ride on the transition to Frontierland side?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I agree with Prag, it's not a good fit. Intriguing idea, maybe but in reality, that's not the kind of ride that will fit in Disneyland, it barely fits in to EPCOT.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Sorry, Merlin... I usually side with you but not this time. It's definitely a possibility of something to explore for frontierland... but without the toonification of it.

Toon Town needs to work as a stand alone land with more eating and ride options before we lead more guests to it. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Quote Originally Posted by Treat View Post
    ya, i here alot of people from WDWmagic or really displeased with this attraction.
    Actually a lot of people are loving it. I have been on WDWmagic for ever and this stands out as one of the best changes to the parks in a while.

>>Do you mean opening up a path between Frontierland and ToonTown?<<

Yes. It would help the flow. Both lands need new attractions - - Why not a new show building between that could house both Mickey PhilHarMagic on the Toontown side and (an upgraded) Three Caballeros ride on the transition to Frontierland side?
    From a backstage stand point it would not work out due to the tunnel and other backstage areas that are needed. From a guest stand point I don't think it would work out very well at all. Other then a die hard group of Disney folks other then Donald they have no idea who the Three Caballeros are so putting in an attraction that does not really fit to try and make a transition for something that is not really needed would not work out in the end.

As far as Mickey's Phil that is one attraction that if and when it ever makes it to our side of the US will have to have a HUGE building built for it or we will lose a lot of the effect. Not only is the screen bigger then almost any normal building we have but to make the stage thing (what ever it is called) disapper you would need some serious height on the building.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Minion

Well, then both of those attractions should go to DCA.

Mickey's PhilHarMagic is a perfect replacement for Golden Dreams or Muppets.

And DCA desperately needs a Spanish Revival/Mexican Era land and attractions to honor Latin heritage and make it seem at least somewhat like Old California.

Adapt The Thee Caballeros ride to California locales - same animation. DCA needs something Walt Disney, colorful, fun, musical, a ride.

A Zorro ride would be welcome too - - a Zorro coaster? Zorro's Black Whip!
    Last edited by merlinjones; 04-10-2007 at 03:48 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Well, then both of those attractions should go to DCA.

Mickey's PhilHarMagic is a perfect replacement for Golden Dreams or Muppets.

And DCA desperately needs a Spanish Revival/Mexican Era land and attractions to honor litin heritage and make it seem at least somewhat like Old California.

Adapt The Thee Caballeros ride to California locales - same animation. DCA needs something Walt Disney, colorful, fun, musical, a ride.

A Zorro ride would be welcome too - - a Zorro coaster? Zorro's Black Whip!

Could you tell me more about Mickey's Philharmagic? Not the story... but any surrounding effects involved with the theater? Is it just a 3D movie straight up? I'm curious as to how possible it would be to just have two 3D movies running in the same theater at Hollywood. One playing in the first half of the day, the other in the 2nd half of the day.

I really do love Muppet Vision and would prefer that it not go away. I'd be 100% open to it sharing it with another film though... if possible.

Golden Dreams needs to be a ride. Nuff said.

And I'm open for more Mexican heritage in CA too. But I'd prefer the 3 Caballeros not be in "animated" form during the whole ride.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

>>And I'm open for more Mexican heritage in CA too. But I'd prefer the 3 Caballeros not be in "animated" form during the whole ride.<<

A hybrid version with both Animatronics/full dimensional sets - AND animated scenes would be really cool. And not just sailing past, but through the scenes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast