What is the CM discount on meals/merchandise?

My sister's friend who is a CM will be spending some time shopping with us and having dinner with us at Goofy's Kitchen. Will she be able to "share" her discount with us?

My sister said something about just making sure we had cash on hand so we could get the discount too on dining and shopping. If she's allowed to share her discount with us, what % is the discount? Just wanted to figure out if I really need to bring cash and how much cash to bring!

Thanks!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: What is the CM discount on meals/merchandise?

I am not a CM, but I believe it's 20%.

• Disney Nerd

On food it is 20% (not including outdoor vending or fruit carts that are not in adventureland)

On merchandise it depends. If the back of her id has an A then it's 20%. If it has a B then it is 35%

hope that helps....and yes having cash is good because some people will just let it slide when we get discounts for our friends and family and some of our fellow CM's are very by the book about it.

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal View Post
    On food it is 20% (not including outdoor vending or fruit carts that are not in adventureland)

On merchandise it depends. If the back of her id has an A then it's 20%. If it has a B then it is 35%

hope that helps....and yes having cash is good because some people will just let it slide when we get discounts for our friends and family and some of our fellow CM's are very by the book about it.
    Good to know, thanks!!!

• Comin' at ya!

Too bad it's not 90%..That'd ROCK!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by javaj View Post
    My sister's friend who is a CM will be spending some time shopping with us and having dinner with us at Goofy's Kitchen. Will she be able to "share" her discount with us?

My sister said something about just making sure we had cash on hand so we could get the discount too on dining and shopping. If she's allowed to share her discount with us, what % is the discount? Just wanted to figure out if I really need to bring cash and how much cash to bring!

Thanks!
    Have her take you to Company D as well. It is well worth going! They have random stuff, but you may find a treasure!

• Fastest Man Alive

• For food- All Disneyland CMs get 20%. However, this requires a cash register that can take credit cards. Churro and Popcorn carts that are just a guy and cash box can't take discounts.
    • For DVDs- All Disneyland CMs get 10% off.
    • For one-of-a-kind or extreme collectible merchandise- sometimes no discount. If shopping at the Gallery or Disneyana and you are going to be making a big purchase, check first. A signed painting?- generally no. A cool Big Fig?- generally yes.
    • For most merchandise- If the CM has an 'A' on the back of their card, they get a 20% discount. If the CM has a 'B' on the back of their card, they get a 35% discount. Hope this helps.

• I was deleted.

Yes, 20% is the "Type A" discount. For dining it should be okay since it's for the party, but as for shopping it's considered abuse of discount unless you are the one purchasing the items.