Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Three Caballeros a sign for hope?

with the three calleros invading an attraction over at WDW, do you feel the hope for DLR that i am feeling right now?

lemme explain:
    to me, the introduction of these characters means that disney has not forgotten the films of its past. i mean, i dont have as much as problem as some of you do with all of the pixar rides being built, but still, its always nice to know that the oldies are still being implemented into the parks.

anyone think that this might be a precursor to other attractions still to come? the public seems to be clamoring for a little mermaid dark ride, beauty and the beast is leaving broadway after a long, successful run, so the timing might be right to make a dark ride based on this story so that disney can keep milking it for all its worth, and with HKDL's its a small world being built with disney characters placed inside of it (in what is believed to be attempt at introducing these characters to the asian community, perhaps we will soon be seeing new rides/attractions based on some of those films we would love to be placed in.

your thoughts?
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Minion

Re: Three Caballeros a sign for hope?

There is always cause for hope. I'm glad to hear about it - - we could use them in Anaheim! Returning the Swiss Family Robinson would help, too...

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

While the "Three Caballeros" do appear in the new Mexican Heritage ride at WDW, I think that their inclusion is merely convenient, as Disney has few Toons of Latin descent.
    To me, this is a more plausible explanation. However, I would love to see Disney take a look back every once in a while when plans for new attractions are discussed! I suppose I'm too skeptical...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

It just depends on what rides they are put in. I mean, as long as the Caballero's aren't put in any classic rides that don't need the plussing, such as Tiki Room, I'd be cool with it.

But aside from that, if this information is correct, I'm happy to atleast see Disney focus more on one of the classic Fab Five characters such as Donald.

• Minion

I think swab is right in that the Caballeros simply fit the bill of an upgrade to that facility. But if they prove unexpectedly popular, maybe they'll get the idea.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    I think swab is right in that the Caballeros simply fit the bill of an upgrade to that facility. But if they prove unexpectedly popular, maybe they'll get the idea.
    This is a good point. Maybe a trend will start...?

• Disgruntled Former CM

My partner is Mexican, and he has always viewed "Los Tres Caballeros" as "his" / Mexico's own Disney movie - something uniquely Latin / Mexican; I am sure that he is going to love the new "Gran Fiesta Tour" overlay the next time we see the Mexico pavillion (let's face it; the previous / original show was a dog...)

I remember during my days in the Entertainment / Character division of DL (in the 70's, prior to the adding of the 'R', prior to the building of the Berlin Wall between Mexico and the U.S.), when we used to get a large number of Mexican tourists up to spend the day in Disneylandia - especially on the busy weekends. When I worked in the Alice Unit (Alice, Tweedles, White Rabbit, and sometimes Walrus and / or the Mad Hatter - the old "Tank" costume), the little Mexican children would come running up screaming, "Alicia! Alicia!" - and then you would see the shock on their faces when she would speak English to them ("I'm looking for the White Rabbit - have you seen him?"). The fact that she was quera (blond) let them rationalize that she was "American" (the fact that she was in fact English was lost...), and all was forgiven... However, when they ran up to their other favorite heroine - Snow White / "Blanca Nieva!" - and heard her speak English as well, they more often than not would burst into tears! Here was the only brunette Disney princess - surely she was Mexican! Why was she not speaking Spanish?! - speaking in English only... We tried to persuade the Leads and the Entertainment big-wigs to allow (at least) Snow White to just say "hola!" to the children, and the edict came down, THE DISNEY FACE CHARACTERS IN THE PARK ARE TO SPEAK IN ENGLISH ONLY. period. I wonder if this has changed... because to a little Mexican girl, her beloved Blanca Nieva had only ever spoken to her in Spanish...

• Minion

That's very interesting, EQ. They need to add Aurora Miranda and Dora Luz lookalikes out in the park with Donald to say "Saludos Amigos!" to all.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post

I remember during my days in the Entertainment / Character division of DL ... I wonder if this has changed... because to a little Mexican girl, her beloved Blanca Nieva had only ever spoken to her in Spanish...
    I may be wrong, but I seem to remember a thread a while back springing up after a decision to allow the princesses to speak in Spanish... let me see if I can find it...

EDIT: I can't seem to find it, but I'm pretty sure it happened...

• U. B. Bold

I hope this is a good sign. I know the Micky Mouse short before Meet the Robinsons was a good sign.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy View Post
    I may be wrong, but I seem to remember a thread a while back springing up after a decision to allow the princesses to speak in Spanish... let me see if I can find it...

Uh oh. Don't bring that one back, it could get dangerous!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy View Post

In this case, I think it's better to let sleeping perros lie...

• In Mouse We trust

However, when they ran up to their other favorite heroine - Snow White / "Blanca Nieva!" - and heard her speak English as well, they more often than not would burst into tears! Here was the only brunette Disney princess - surely she was Mexican! Why was she not speaking Spanish?!
    Isn't Jasmine a Brunette? What about Pocahontas, Mulan, and maybe even Belle?

And if I grew up speaking Klingon then the princesses should speak in Klingon to me at least nuqneh or nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
    (If you know Klingon this is funny)

Honestly though, why should the Princess know every language that she is translated into on international video?
    Last edited by TheGreatEscapist; 04-10-2007 at 08:06 PM.

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatEscapist View Post
    Isn't Jasmine a Brunette? What about Pocahontas, Mulan, and maybe even Belle?

And if I grew up speaking Klingon then the princesses should speak in Klingon to me at least nuqneh or nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
    (If you know Klingon this is funny)

Honestly though, why should the Princess know every language that she is translated into on international video?
    They shouldn't and it would be in fact impossible. However Disneyland is awfully close to mexico to not have the princesses speaking a little bit of spanish.
    I would love for Disney to come up with an attraction based on anything aside from Pixar and it would be even better if it were based on an older movie.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    They shouldn't and it would be in fact impossible. However Disneyland is awfully close to mexico to not have the princesses speaking a little bit of spanish.
    I would love for Disney to come up with an attraction based on anything aside from Pixar and it would be even better if it were based on an older movie.
    My favorite Disney attractions are not based on movies at all. I really wish we could return to that standard of creating immersive adventures. Expedition Everest at WDW shows they are still capable, as does Soarin'.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast