Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Dragons rock my socks.

Re: Disney's California Adventure the only U.S.Disney Theme Park to not make the Top

Ha! More people went to California Adventure than Hong Kong Disneyland!
    Welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

If you ever see a skinny eight year-old looking kid sprinting through Adventureland, yell "Hi!" at me!
    Btw, I'm really not eight.

So I'm sitting at my computer thinking, hey, I need a creative signature so that people on micechat will remember me. And then it hits me: I'll just type it up!
    I sure am creative.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Disney's California Adventure the only U.S.Disney Theme Park to not make the Top

Knott's isn't in the top 25 anymore? It used to get pretty good attendance. That makes me really sad.

If you love Disney you have to love Knott's. Growing up in Southern California would never be the same without it.

• U. B. Bold

Re: Disney's California Adventure the only Disney Theme Park to not make the Top Ten!

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Actually, you'll notice Hong Kong Disneyland at Number 18 and Disney Studios Paris is no where to be found.

That means all three parks conceived by Paul Pressler and Co. are the duds.
    The numbers don't lie.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

DCA has moved up one spot to #7 on the Top 20 visited theme parks in North America, beating other local parks: Universal Studios (#10) Sea World (#12), Knotts Berry Farm (#13) and Six Flags Magic Mountain (#20). Worldwide it's #13. Disneyland is #2 in N. America and Worldwide.

• Banned User

How does MGM get so much more attendence than DCA? It's just as bad.

• It's all about Theme!

EDIT NOTE: When I first read the article, I failed to realize that the actual DCA not being in the top ten was for U.S. theme parks only. So, yes the news is true but only for U.S. Disney Theme Parks! Hope that Helps!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OneMansDream View Post
    It is amazing to see Tokyo Disney Sea's attendance almost equal to Tokyo Disneyland. Disney Sea was built around the same time as DCA. I wonder if executives who made the decisions to cut DCA's budget still got their annual bonuses that year?
    Tokyo DisneySea is the best performing second gate and for a very good reason too; it got an enormous budget ($3.3 billion to be exact). Tokyo DisneySea's attendance figures are very high for a second gate. It almost beat Tokyo Disneyland and surpassed Disneyland Paris in attendance! I never would've guessed that a second gate would get higher numbers than a Magic Kingdom.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Those numbers are wrong. Tokyo Disneylands attendance was much higher than Tokyo Disney Sea, if people actually believe that both of the tokyo parks have almost the exact attendance numbers they are mistaken. Tokyo Disney Sea did see an attendance increase during 2006. It is not unusual since it was celebrating its anniversary. It was actually the first time the park saw an increase for three years. The last three Years it had seen a steady decline which is unusual since it is a beautiful park. Still Tokyo Disneyland is much more popular

Dca's numbers are also much higher than noted, they are actually off by quite a bit

The magic kingdom numbers are actually lower than on the list. Disney does not release numbers but occasionally unoffical numbers are leaked out. These numbers are usually higher than the real numbers to help maintain an image for the resort after all it is the largest property for the Disney company that has thousands of hotel rooms to fill.

Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland in Anaheim have actually seen higher numbers then the MK and yet the MK always manages to be higher in any unnoficial attendance list
    Last edited by Baloo; 04-10-2007 at 09:37 PM.

• I was deleted.

Disneyland is the world's 2nd most visited theme park.
    I posted in this one and I liked my post. There's my 2 cents, again. So that's 4 cents!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Those numbers are wrong. Tokyo Disneylands attendance was much higher than Tokyo Disney Sea.

Dca's numbers are also much higher than noted.

The magic kingdom numbers are actually lower than on the list.
    Source? Even the official numbers from the Oriental Land Company have Tokyo DisneySea right behing Tokyo Disneyland.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I wonder how much lower DCA numbers would be,
    IF DL didn't have to close it's gates so many times
    due to reaching max capacity so many times during
    the year????

"DL Sold Out, DCA Tickets Still Available"

Or how about if they eliminated those
    "Buy DL, get DCA free" tickets?

DCA would very likely drop out of the top
    25 without those.

Wonder how high DL's attendance would be
    if capacity was higher?????

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I wonder how much lower DCA numbers would be,
    IF DL didn't have to close it's gates so many times
    due to reaching max capacity so many times during
    the year????

"DL Sold Out, DCA Tickets Still Available"

Or how about if they eliminated those
    "Buy DL, get DCA free" tickets?

DCA would very likely drop out of the top
    25 without those.

Wonder how high DL's attendance would be
    if capacity was higher?????
    I honestly believe that Disneyland could be number one. I believe there was some talk about that being a possibility as a result of the Happiest Homecoming on Earth.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Source? Even the official numbers from the Oriental Land Company have Tokyo DisneySea right behing Tokyo Disneyland.
    As far as I know, Tokyo DisneySea has always been about one million guests behind Tokyo Disneyland. Do you have a link to the official numbers from the OLC?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    As far as I know, Tokyo DisneySea has always been about one million guests behind Tokyo Disneyland. Do you have a link to the official numbers from the OLC?
    It appears the OLC has stopped posting the seperate figures. The parks were just a little less than a million off. I still wonder what would happen with one and two day park hoppers.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    It appears the OLC has stopped posting the seperate figures. The parks were just a little less than a million off. I still wonder what would happen with one and two day park hoppers.
    All the figures I've seen show both parks having only a difference of about a million guests too. I know that Tokyo DisneySea has been attracting about 12 million guests annually since it opened and given that OLC always releases a combined attendance figure for both parks, it's easy to calculate Tokyo Disneyland's attendance. So given that the resort sees about 25 million guests a year, it's safe to assume that Tokyo Disneyland is attracting about 13 million guests annually.

I was told that Tokyo DisneySea would see a large increase in attendance if they sold one day park hoppers since most people, given the chance to visit for only a single day, would but a one day passport for Tokyo Disneyland because it is the Magic Kingdom. Selling park hoppers would allow more flexability and allow people to see both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. I'm not sure how they calculate attendance though (do they count a guest twice for both parks, or only once for the first park they visit?) Either way, Tokyo DisneySea's attendance would still go up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast