Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Disney's California Adventure the only U.S.Disney Theme Park to not make the Top

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    All the figures I've seen show both parks having only a difference of about a million guests too. I know that Tokyo DisneySea has been attracting about 12 million guests annually since it opened and given that OLC always releases a combined attendance figure for both parks, it's easy to calculate Tokyo Disneyland's attendance. So given that the resort sees about 25 million guests a year, it's safe to assume that Tokyo Disneyland is attracting about 13 million guests annually.
    Individual park figures were available on the OLC's website, and may still be there. They were never easy to find. Google was usually the best way to find the page.

I was told that Tokyo DisneySea would see a large increase in attendance if they sold one day park hoppers since most people, given the chance to visit for only a single day, would but a one day passport for Tokyo Disneyland because it is the Magic Kingdom. Selling park hoppers would allow more flexability and allow people to see both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. I'm not sure how they calculate attendance though (do they count a guest twice for both parks, or only once for the first park they visit?) Either way, Tokyo DisneySea's attendance would still go up.
    I think both parks would go up. People would go to Tokyo DisneySea on a single day, but possibly both on each day of a two day ticket.

• Minion

Re: Disney's California Adventure the only U.S.Disney Theme Park to not make the Top

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Individual park figures were available on the OLC's website, and may still be there. They were never easy to find. Google was usually the best way to find the page.
    I do remember seeing the official figures somewhere. I'll try to find the page again.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I think both parks would go up. People would go to Tokyo DisneySea on a single day, but possibly both on each day of a two day ticket.
    Good point. If it would benefit both parks, I don't see why they don't offer park hoppers except on the 3rd or 4th day of a multi-day passport.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Fastest Man Alive

I may be completely way off base here since my DisneySea knowledge is almost nil but... maybe it ranks behind Tokyo Disneyland because although the park IS awesome in all regards, it has capacity issues due to the fact it does not have as many attractions. The attractions are cool and huge- but the capacity does not yet pass Tokyo Disneyland. Maybe after their Tower of Terror has been open for a year that should push them over the top.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I may be completely way off base here since my DisneySea knowledge is almost nil but... maybe it ranks behind Tokyo Disneyland because although the park IS awesome in all regards, it has capacity issues due to the fact it does not have as many attractions. The attractions are cool and huge- but the capacity does not yet pass Tokyo Disneyland. Maybe after their Tower of Terror has been open for a year that should push them over the top.
    That is true. Tokyo Disneyland's maximum capacity is around 85,000 while Tokyo DisneySea's capacity is around 65,000.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

If you sort by resort then DLR comes in third.
    the following is missing data from DSP

WDW

TDLR

DLR

DLP
    +DSP

HKDL

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    If you sort by resort then DLR comes in third.
    the following is missing data from DSP

WDW

TDLR

DLR

DLP
    +DSP

HKDL
    Walt Disney Studios only got 2.2 million guests. So that adds up to 12,800,000 for Disneyland Resort Paris this year. Not very good for a resort if you ask me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123