Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    My personal favorite! I got that email from so many people!

Walt Disney JR!?!?!
    Maybe we should all try e-mailing our own MiceChatter "Walt Jr." and see if anything happens

Please no one do this...hehe

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

This legend is true but I'm not sure about the last end of it. Fo'c'l keep on your toes. When originally built POTC used real skeletons. Realizing that they will eventually decay they replaced all of them with fake skeletons and had the real one buried. That part is true.

Part 2. A cast member during a tour told me there is still a reall human skull on the ride. It's the skull on the headboard in captain quarters. I'd assume this is true. Any feedback?

Chad

•   

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    This legend is true but I'm not sure about the last end of it. Fo'c'l keep on your toes.
    Chad
    If you are referring to the Lincoln/Auctioneer AA Urban Legend, please cite your sources (and don't give me the "I once knew this CM who worked on POTC" ). I have found no written confirmation of the two AA's being one and the same. Enlighten me.
    The replacement of some actual skeletons with manufactured does seem to be true.
    Last edited by fo'c's'le swab; 04-12-2007 at 03:02 PM.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    If you are referring to the Lincoln/Auctioneer AA Urban Legend, please cite your sources (and don't give me the "I once knew this CM who worked on POTC" ). I have found no written confirmation of the two AA's being one and the same. Enlighten me.
    The replacement of some actual skeletons with manufactured ones is completely true.
    No source on the Lincoln AA, could be just a rumor. My question was about is the skull on the captain's headboard is if it is real or not. I was on a tour and the info was given to me. Not sure if it's true.

Chad

•   

No source on the Lincoln AA, could be just a rumor. My question was about is the skull on the captain's headboard is if it is real or not. I was on a tour and the info was given to me. Not sure if it's true.

Chad
    The skull rumor does sound familiar to me, in fact, I seem to remember finding that it was not rumor at all, but entirely true--I will check and see...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I am a person who is interested in ghosts, but the story of a little boy haunting Haunted Mansion, because his mom put his ashes there is clearly false. I can tell it is simply because there are so many different variations to the story.

Some say he haunts florida's POTC, some say he haunts Disneyland's POTC, some say he haunts Disneyland's Haunted Mansion, and the list goes on and on.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I am a person who is interested in ghosts, but the story of a little boy haunting Haunted Mansion, because his mom put his ashes there is clearly false. I can tell it is simply because there are so many different variations to the story.

Some say he haunts florida's POTC, some say he haunts Disneyland's POTC, some say he haunts Disneyland's Haunted Mansion, and the list goes on and on.
    He actually haunts the 3rd floor in my building here at work......

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The skull rumor does sound familiar to me, in fact, I seem to remember finding that it was not rumor at all, but entirely true--I will check and see...
    Thanks Fo'c's'le! If you want an answer, go to the man that knows! Most of my sources are just random discussion. The only inside I have is a thirst for knowledge.

Thanks Pal.
    Chad

• It's all about Theme!

Want to hear about of a bunch of Haunted Mansion Urban Legends?

The Latest Inside The Magic Podcast episode features an advanced copy of a segment from a supernatural podcast about real ghosts inhabiting the Haunted Mansion.

It is a really fun segment to hear. go to DistantCreations.com/insidethemagic
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

•   

Thanks Fo'c's'le! If you want an answer, go to the man that knows! Most of my sources are just random discussion. The only inside I have is a thirst for knowledge.

Thanks Pal.
    Chad
    Chad--confirmation on the skeleton thing (like we both thought). The original REAL skeletons in Dead Man's Grotto (on loan from the UCLA Med School) were used because of the inferior quality of the replicas at the time. When technology yielded a manufactured skeleton that was not only more aesthetically realistic, but also more durable, they were replaced with the faux skeletons and the former "pirates" went back to UCLA, or so it was recorded (making them the first pirates to go to UCLA?).
    Have partial (but not definitive) confirmation on the only real skeleton left being the ornament on the Cap'n's headboard--more info as I get it!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Chad--confirmation on the skeleton thing (like we both thought). The original REAL skeletons in Dead Man's Grotto (on loan from the UCLA Med School) were used because of the inferior quality of the replicas at the time. When technology yielded a manufactured skeleton that was not only more aesthetically realistic, but also more durable, they were replaced with the faux skeletons and the former "pirates" went back to UCLA, or so it was recorded (making them the first pirates to go to UCLA?).
    Have partial (but not definitive) confirmation on the only real skeleton left being the ornament on the Cap'n's headboard--more info as I get it!
    Awesome. Thanks Professor!

Chad

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910