Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 146
  1. #16

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Temecula, California
    Posts
    9,153

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    Marty can't be wrong... He went everywhere with Walt after he was discovered.

  2. #17

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cartoon Wasteland
    Posts
    4,828
    Blog Entries
    68

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    *Tinkerbell was modeled after Marilyn Monroe.
    [shameless plug]

    I've talked to the woman who was the actual model for Tinker Bell. Her name is Margaret Kerry and she "performed" as Tink on a soundstage at the Disney studio for Marc Davis and other Disney animators. Much of the facial expressions and business you see Tink do in Peter Pan originated with Margaret. There are some interesting bits about her in the bonus features of the current Peter Pan DVD.

    I'm meeting her in person at the end of the month. Watch for a feature article in MiceChat News very soon.

    [/shameless plug]

  3. #18

    •   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Planet Selectro, in the Andromeda galaxy
    Posts
    2,039

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    • The Main Street Train Station is a historical landmark
    At the very least, we all need to push hard to get Disneyland listed here: http://www.nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com/

  4. #19

    • U. B. Bold
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Second Star to the Right
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    Here's another favorite urban legend:

    Some still say there's another theme park where the old parking lot used to be.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad


    Dream big. Do what you love.

  5. #20

    • Inhospitable about happy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    [shameless plug]

    I've talked to the woman who was the actual model for Tinker Bell. Her name is Margaret Kerry and she "performed" as Tink on a soundstage at the Disney studio for Marc Davis and other Disney animators. Much of the facial expressions and business you see Tink do in Peter Pan originated with Margaret. There are some interesting bits about her in the bonus features of the current Peter Pan DVD.

    I'm meeting her in person at the end of the month. Watch for a feature article in MiceChat News very soon.

    [/shameless plug]
    She's got a great little website too: http://www.tinkerbelltalks.com/index.htm

  6. #21

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,680

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    • The golden spike in the ground by the castle was the original 'geographical center of Disneyland'
    Then what does the golden spike in the ground signify?

  7. #22

    • Fastest Man Alive
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Then what does the golden spike in the ground signify?
    If memory serves, its just a survey marker. Used to construction for elevation checks and making sure everything is level.
    Last edited by Wally; 04-10-2007 at 09:32 PM. Reason: survey marker, not site marker

  8. #23

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I accidently a Coca Cola
    Posts
    438

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    • the sub lagoon can never be drained, otherwise the Matterhorn would fall over
    My favorite.

    Don't forget about Walt being cryogenetically frozen and buried under Disneyland.

  9. #24

    • I'll pencil this in later
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,530

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    She's got a great little website too: http://www.tinkerbelltalks.com/index.htm
    thanks for that, i found it quite interesting!

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    58

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    • the sub lagoon can never be drained, otherwise the Matterhorn would fall over
    oh the humanity!
    Last edited by rdelacruz; 04-10-2007 at 09:44 PM. Reason: pic
    Spoiler
    BURP!




  11. #26

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    is it true that there is some kind of secret "phrase" to get you into the park for free?

  12. #27

    • So Far E!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Eustis/Grand Island
    Posts
    389

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by MouseketeerSince86 View Post
    is it true that there is some kind of secret "phrase" to get you into the park for free?
    HAHA I have never heard of that one...

    I bet it's "Here take my credit card" lol

    Funny thing is that even working at WDW the only legend I heard of was that the Haunted Mansion was actually haunted.

  13. #28

    • Fastest Man Alive
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,659

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    • One of the singing busts in the Haunted Mansion is made to resemble Walt. Some of the pirates in POTC were made to resemble Walt.
    • Space Mountain consists entirely of right turns

  14. #29

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,164
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Marty can't be wrong... He went everywhere with Walt after he was discovered.
    He wasn't wrong, he lied. The story is false. He admitted so. The story also appeared in Disneyland: Inside Story by Randy Bright. If I remember correctly, the ribon colors are not ones that would have been confused by a color blind person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    At the very least, we all need to push hard to get Disneyland listed here: http://www.nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com/
    NO! Governmental designations place restricts on what Disney can do with the park.


    "When Disneyland first opened it was powered by orphans running on treadmills in underground tunnels. And now those kids are the New York Yankees!"

  15. #30

    • Gay Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    3,425

    Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

    When someone dies on at Disneyland attraction, they put up a pair of red longjohns to commemorate the death.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Urban Legends
    By Dlandclub33 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 08:44 AM
  2. [Fun] Disneyland Urban Legends and Myths
    By JennyandMickeyMous in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 12:09 AM
  3. Jan. 25, 2008: Urban Legends about the WDW Monorail
    By Werner Weiss in forum Yesterland
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 01:49 PM
  4. Feb. 1, 2008: Two Urban Legends about Disney Theme Parks
    By Werner Weiss in forum Yesterland
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
  5. Snoop's Disney related Urban Legends
    By ah schucks in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 02:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •