Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

from what i heard its the full speech but instead of "for all who come to this happy place" it decodes to "for all who come to disneyland" then it decodes the rest identically.
    pshhh i guess

• Minion

I remember reading one legend that stated that there was a kidnapping ring that operated out of Disneyland. They would kidnap a child that wasn't being watched by the parents, they would sneak them into a bathroom, cut the hair off, place a wig on it's head and then smuggle it our of the park before security could be alerted.

Then again I have heard this legend about various locations, like local shopping centers etc..so it's not a pure Disneyland legend.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom View Post
    Are you going to tell me next that HM is also not underground, when you clearly go down an elevator.
    Yep, I'll tell you that too.

The show building is circled in blue:

You go down an elevator because the train is on a "berm." You may have heard of that. Here's a picture from the area:

Your drawing is helpful (although quite the exaggeration), but just because a building's foundation is sunk into the earth a bit, that does not constitute the building as being "underground."

The very word "underground" cannotes something being covered by earth. Clearly, this is not the case. I might have given your argument more credence if there was a floor above your indicated "basement," but there isn't. The show building is one large open structure, clearly visible above ground, with a slightly sunken foundation.

There will be others like you who refuse to acknowledge that these buildings are not buried beneath the earth, no matter how much photographic proof is offered. That's fine. There are people who still believe the earth is flat and that the moon landing was a hoax.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Whoa...everybody calm down on the pirates thing! It's a symantics issue, it's not that big of a deal.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    Whoa...everybody calm down on the pirates thing! It's a symantics issue, it's not that big of a deal.
    Yes it is, it will surely break the fabric of the space time continuum if it is not explained!

• DL is my anti-drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Yep, I'll tell you that too.

The show building is circled in blue:

You go down an elevator because the train is on a "berm." You may have heard of that. Here's a picture from the area:

Your drawing is helpful (although quite the exaggeration), but just because a building's foundation is sunk into the earth a bit, that does not constitute the building as being "underground."

The very word "underground" cannotes something being covered by earth. Clearly, this is not the case. I might have given your argument more credence if there was a floor above your indicated "basement," but there isn't. The show building is one large open structure, clearly visible above ground, with a slightly sunken foundation.

There will be others like you who refuse to acknowledge that these buildings are not buried beneath the earth, no matter how much photographic proof is offered. That's fine. There are people who still believe the earth is flat and that the moon landing was a hoax.

Does splash have s show building?

And, its more fun to think they are underground.

yes is about 3 yards away from HM's its alot smaller tho.
    pshhh i guess

• Pilot EdForceOne

doesn't the elevator in HM only go down like 3-4ft? Not much of an 'underground'

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post

Steve, I like you buddy, and there is no greater authority on the DLRR than you, but the slats on your soapbox are wearing thin. You are not being attacked. Why not lighten up just a tad? This isn't a cure for cancer we're discussing here. Disneyland is supposed to be fun.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    doesn't the elevator in HM only go down like 3-4ft? Not much of an 'underground'
    HM goes down about 15-20 feet i think the make clearance from the RR tracks
    pshhh i guess

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Treat View Post
    from what i heard its the full speech but instead of "for all who come to this happy place" it decodes to "for all who come to disneyland" then it decodes the rest identically.
    It is only the first 2 sentences, but you are correct on the Disneyland part. Can't remember where I found this:

"TO ALL WHO COME TO DISNEYLAND, WELCOME. HERE AGE RELIVES FOND MEMORIES OF THE PAST, AND HERE YOUTH MAY SAVOR THE CHALLENGE AND PROMISE OF THE FUTURE." in Morse code is: - --- / .- .-.. .-.. / .-- .... --- / -.-. --- -- . / - --- / -.. .. ... -. . -.-- .-.. .- -. -.. --..-- / .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- . .-.-.- / .... . .-. . / .- --. . / .-. . .-.. .. ...- . ... / ..-. --- -. -.. / -- . -- --- .-. .. . ... / --- ..-. / - .... . / .--. .- ... - --..-- / .- -. -.. / .... . .-. . / -.-- --- ..- - .... / -- .- -.-- / ... .- ...- --- .-. / - .... . / -.-. .... .- .-.. .-.. . -. --. . / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. --- -- .. ... . / --- ..-. / - .... . / ..-. ..- - ..- .-. . .-.-.-
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Comin' at ya!

SHouldn't this be moved to the Disneyland rumors and secrets thread? Just saying...
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    It is only the first 2 sentences, but you are correct on the Disneyland part. Can't remember where I found this:

"TO ALL WHO COME TO DISNEYLAND, WELCOME. HERE AGE RELIVES FOND MEMORIES OF THE PAST, AND HERE YOUTH MAY SAVOR THE CHALLENGE AND PROMISE OF THE FUTURE." in Morse code is: - --- / .- .-.. .-.. / .-- .... --- / -.-. --- -- . / - --- / -.. .. ... -. . -.-- .-.. .- -. -.. --..-- / .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- . .-.-.- / .... . .-. . / .- --. . / .-. . .-.. .. ...- . ... / ..-. --- -. -.. / -- . -- --- .-. .. . ... / --- ..-. / - .... . / .--. .- ... - --..-- / .- -. -.. / .... . .-. . / -.-- --- ..- - .... / -- .- -.-- / ... .- ...- --- .-. / - .... . / -.-. .... .- .-.. .-.. . -. --. . / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. --- -- .. ... . / --- ..-. / - .... . / ..-. ..- - ..- .-. . .-.-.-
    ya that what i ment lol
    pshhh i guess

o good example of what mr. DeGaetano is saying is Indiana Jones. Now you couldn't possibly think That whole ride is completely underground. but it is sunken into the ground just like PotC and HM.
    pshhh i guess

• Inhospitable about happy

Here's how far down you go at the DL Haunted Mansion:

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast