Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Re: Disney Urban Legends that REFUSE TO DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Here's how far down you go at the DL Haunted Mansion:

That's really not far at all (as shown, one section of the stretching room rises up into the structure, making it look like you're far deeper than you are). One story down. And it's only to go under the berm (think portrait hall). It's a tunnel under the berm (same as the entrance tunnels, but enclosed) to the external, above-ground show building.

• Banned User

Tunnels --- underground? Anyone?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator View Post
    Tunnels --- underground? Anyone?
    So you believe you're underground when you enter Disneyland through the, um, entrance tunnels?

OK.

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I read on doombuggies that there was a woman who spread the ashes of her son inside the HM after being told not to by CM's. Now the boy, who wears a red sweatshirt haunts the ride.
    Well, he didn't die there which is why he only wears a red sweatshirt and not red longjohns.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    So you believe you're underground when you enter Disneyland through the, um, entrance tunnels?

OK.
    I think he's asking if anybody can provide any info about tunnels under DL.

'TheManator'- the longest one is under tomorrowland (I don't know if I should show it on the map though), others are under Village Haus, and under NO. None of them are connected to each other.

• Just splashing around...

A friend of mine told me some story about how she heard the HM was a real house in Anaheim, and the woman who lived there wouldn't move so the park was built around this existing house, and after the woman died she started hauting the place, hence, the HM. Of course, the most obvious reason why this wouldn't be possible is because the HM was not even on site when the park opened. Has anyone else ever heard this little tale? Just curious...

• Space Mountain Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    • The golden spike in the ground by the castle was the original 'geographical center of Disneyland'
    Can someone provide me with some proof that this one isn't absolutely true. I proposed to my wife at what I thought was the 'Heart of Disneyland'. If this is indeed an urban legend, then we must all swear never to tell her. It'll crush her to know that it was just used for some stupid surveying thing.
    Until I see actual proof somewhere, I'm belieiving that it is the true 'heart' or center of Disneyland... as it existed in 1955
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by ltlmrm8 View Post
    A friend of mine told me some story about how she heard the HM was a real house in Anaheim, and the woman who lived there wouldn't move so the park was built around this existing house, and after the woman died she started hauting the place, hence, the HM. Of course, the most obvious reason why this wouldn't be possible is because the HM was not even on site when the park opened. Has anyone else ever heard this little tale? Just curious...
    Wait a minute--without the HM being there, how did they keep the Matterhorn above ground (and I assume we all agree the Matterhorn is "above ground")??
    *sorry for the lame combination of at least two ridiculous rumors*

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Ah Focscle!

I have a question for you since you are the residing POTC expert. I have heard that the original AA that was Abraham Lincoln was used in POTC. They say he's in the "Buy a bride" Scene. Do you know which one is Honest Abe?

I'd love the answer to this. I've stared at all of them numerous times but can't figure out the exact one. Thanks in advance!

Chad

• Zero Blockout Dates

Carlton's Wild Ride
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Yes, people have thrown ashes in the HM. What they fail to realize is the remains will end up in a vaccume, and later a dumpster. Yep, they lied...there isn't room for one more.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Ah Focscle!

I have a question for you since you are the residing POTC expert. I have heard that the original AA that was Abraham Lincoln was used in POTC. They say he's in the "Buy a bride" Scene. Do you know which one is Honest Abe?

I'd love the answer to this. I've stared at all of them numerous times but can't figure out the exact one. Thanks in advance!

Chad
    Hehe...I have heard this one as well, and in all of my delvings, couldn't find a solid foundation for this intriguing rumor. Now it's certainly true that the HM and POTC have AA's "in common", but as far as Honest Abe is concerned, I'd call this one a "myth". If any has a credible citing regarding this particular rumor, I would owe you big time if you were to share it. Good one, Chad--I'd almost forgotten about this one!

Abe actually brought the following busts into exsistence! While Rolly Krump and Yale Gracey were creating gags and effects to use in the HM, they had a "rubber mask" from the mold of Abe Lincoln. One day, they had sat it on a chair backwards and started to pace back in forth in thinking for a new experiment when they noticed that Abe's face kept following them. Soon they realized that if they used a mold of a bust backwards, it would face guests down in the portrait gallery!

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter13 View Post
    Abe actually brought the following busts into exsistence! While Rolly Krump and Yale Gracey were creating gags and effects to use in the HM, they had a "rubber mask" from the mold of Abe Lincoln. One day, they had sat it on a chair backwards and started to pace back in forth in thinking for a new experiment when they noticed that Abe's face kept following them. Soon they realized that if they used a mold of a bust backwards, it would follow guests down the portrait glalery!
    Wow. He really was our greatest president!
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    Wow. He really was our greatest president!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast