Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/10: Ed Grier's dirty photo op, Pirate's Lair, Midway, merch, +MORE

Thanks for the update and photos. I was there on the 10th too. I did not see Ed around. Must have been in the wrong place. Interesting that you caught this publicity thing, or whatever, they are doing with him.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/10: Ed Grier's dirty photo op, Pirate's Lair, Midway, merch, +MORE

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude View Post
    "ridden it since it opened" as in you have not rode it at all since it opened?
    Sorry was that bad grammar? Meh. No I've been on Rockin' Space a total of three times, all around the time the overlay opened. All three times I was disgusted. Therefore, I haven't been since the time it opened.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Interesting, there weren't any photographers around him on Friday. Nice find MG.
    Interesting. I wonder if he was just getting practice handling that broom before the photographer came out? I kid. Perhaps his intentions started out good, and somebody in TDA pushed the publicity photo idea into his lap, and thus my observations today.

Who knows, but I think its a bit sleazy that he's out there schmoozing with frontline CMs sort of proclaiming "I'm one of you!", but all the while he has a photographer following him, snapping pictures of his goodwill. Whatever, I suspect he'll retreat to his cozy office soon enough and we won't hear from him until his term is over; cue the crickets chirping.

• Banned User

Yes I think I'll go spend some time in the park but only if there are some camera's to catch this legendary act.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

The Matterhorn shots were awesome. With the red I thought it was going to become Bald Mt.. Wouldn't it be cool if they added a giant Chernabog to come out of the top in Halloween-time as they play Night on Bald Mt for a Halloween-time show? (just a moment of inspiration)
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Master Gracey, excellent pictures as usual. I liked the Monstro picture best. Very cool!

I give Ed the benefit of the doubt as well. I mean, who cares if he's doing pictures for the Disneyland line, or maybe an instructional video. I saw that all the time when I worked for the company. It wasn't like his photographer was hiding in the bushes. The fact that he took the time to say hello and snap pictures with guests is what I'm impressed with. He could've said "sorry, I'm busy" or had one of his goons shoo people off.

• Defying gravity

Fantastic update, as always. I loved the Matterhorn pics and the special report on Ed Grier.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Hey Ed, real cm's don't have an entourage while they do the glamourous work of picking up trash at the parks. Just an FYI.

Nice update MG!
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• The one, the only...

Loved the photos. Thanks.

I am suspicious about Ed being out two different days cleaning up. I good manager would take note of what areas of the park need extra cleaning and order someone out to do it. The President of Disneyland SHOULD have so much on his plate not to be able to do cleaning. If there is a shortage of cleaners in the park, I don't want to president taking up a broom. I want him hiring more cleaners!

For him to be so obvious about his cleaning, walking throughout the park with a dust pan, makes it look like he WANTS to be noticed. He knows now people will recognize him. This just looks too convenient that on two different days he suddenly feels the urge to take up a broom.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Minion

Excellent job, thanks!
    I chased Ed Down last spring when he first arrived from Tokyo.
    He had actually been there for awhile, but few cm's had met him.
    I saw him walking down the street, and cm's were coming out of their stores to greet him. I went up and shook his hand and welcomed him to Cali. He seemed nice, posed for a photo.
    But sadly, Al was on the money again about Ed, and you have just provided more proof. How sad.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Great Ed photos and majestic in your TR and photos
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Banned User

what do you expect from a figurehead? I wouldn't want ed's job until the "disneyparks" people are gone and each resort gets run by it's own people. meg and ed are there for show. jay and al make all the decisions about the running of the parks and john lassetter has WDI to play with.

• It's all about Theme!

Cabin is safe! Great Report Master Gracey!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    The fact that he [Ed] took the time to say hello and snap pictures with guests is what I'm impressed with. He could've said "sorry, I'm busy" or had one of his goons shoo people off.
    I just wanted to comment on the fact that the whole time we were watching Ed and following him around, the only people he "stopped to say hi to" were CM's and most of them that I remember were sweeping too! He never once approached a park guest and I actually had to approach him and say hello and "I'd like to introduce myself"...
    If he was really out to "see the people" he would have spent some time talking with the park guests... there were plenty sitting on benches in the hub!

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    The President of Disneyland SHOULD have so much on his plate not to be able to do cleaning. If there is a shortage of cleaners in the park, I don't want to president taking up a broom. I want him hiring more cleaners!

For him to be so obvious about his cleaning, walking throughout the park with a dust pan, makes it look like he WANTS to be noticed. He knows now people will recognize him. This just looks too convenient that on two different days he suddenly feels the urge to take up a broom.
    I agree... why do presidents have to be in the parks?! Shouldn't they have plenty to do in the office??!!

I also just wanted to comment on the fact that when I approached him he said "my name is Ed" and pointed to his nametag and I said "I know who you are" and he said something to the effect of "let's keep that quiet".... he said that a few times.... like he didn't want it to be broadcast that the president was out sweeping....

I'm not sure why he took that approach but all in all... he was a nice person and we had a nice conversation with him. I am afraid I might have come across as a crazed AP who wants special privilages when the subs open but didn't mean to! hahaha

All in all ... it was a fantastic day of picture taking and stalking CM's and presidents! hahaa

Great update MasterGracey (as always!)
    Last edited by peoplemover1; 04-11-2007 at 08:00 AM. Reason: addition
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Banned User

presidents can come out into the parks, when they don't have paperwork to sign.

esp when they help the understaffed areas... can he serve food next

then he can push the button, or worse... be a greeter for a height restrictive attraction!!!

(These ideas based on friends who work at busch gardens and interact wit guests there a lot, and attractions is evil when you have to turn a child away... and have a father deck you)

Brilliant photos, photoshop's auto levels can sometimes do that lovely shade.. or make a photo transform into a hideous photo... the original looks great as well.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1 View Post
    I just wanted to comment on the fact that the whole time we were watching Ed and following him around, the only people he "stopped to say hi to" were CM's and most of them that I remember were sweeping too! He never once approached a park guest and I actually had to approach him and say hello and "I'd like to introduce myself"...
    If he was really out to "see the people" he would have spent some time talking with the park guests... there were plenty sitting on benches in the hub!
    I never said (or even implied) that I thought he was actually walking up to people, or searching out guests to say hello. All I was commenting on was that he stopped what he was doing to say hello. It looks to me as if people see him, expect him to do a certain task (i.e. walk up to guests and strike up a conversation) and if he doesn't they write him off as being aloof and fake.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast