Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/10: Ed Grier's dirty photo op, Pirate's Lair, Midway, merch, +MORE

Great photos as usual. I am going to give Ed the benefit of the doubt. When I met him in the park last month he was very nice and I want to think the best.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 4/10: Ed Grier's dirty photo op, Pirate's Lair, Midway, merch, +MORE

I like it when presidents of companies are looking around at their product. It's the photo op aspect that doesn't sit well.

Chad

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    It's the photo op aspect that doesn't sit well.
    The real question after seeing so many shots of Ed cleaning up the park, is that is this all for some sort of PR stunt?

Photos of Ed sweeping have been plastered all over the various Disneyland forums and fansites. Maybe this is trying to appeal to the fans who wonder where Ed was, while 'boosting' CM moral with him being around the parks?
    -Monorail Man

• Banned User

Seems like Ed is out a lot more, or now he is easier to spot now that more pictures of him are out there.

• Banned User

Thanks for the updates.

Everybody was complaining that he wasn't in the park! Now that he is there must be some evil motive. Nobody has ANY idea what his motives are. Maybe the photo CM spotted him and took pics of him on his own.

Even if they are just photo ops, SO WHAT. Morale is low is it not? So why not go out there, grab a broom, and show that you DO care. I'm glad to see to see he's out there and chatting with the CM's.

Awesome pics BTW

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    The real question after seeing so many shots of Ed cleaning up the park, is that is this all for some sort of PR stunt?
    With the photographer following him around, I'm willing to bet it has at least a little to do with some sort of PR stunt. I mean, if he's really interested in boosting morale and knowing his Cast, he wouldn't care about keepsake photos, right? I mean, its not like this guy was snapping photos for Ed's personal scrapbook.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Did anyone actually ask him what he was doing out there?

Sorry - that's my last question. I don't really care either way...it just seems to me that people are being judgemental without actually having all the facts.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    Did anyone actually ask him what he was doing out there?

Sorry - that's my last question. I don't really care either way...it just seems to me that people are being judgemental without actually having all the facts.
    Well even if I'm correct in my assumptions that he was out getting some publicity shots taken with his broom, would he really admit to it?

Doubt it. I think the photos speak for themselves.

• Creative Director

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

• I am a Pluto lover

Thanks for the pics! They were great! I wish I could go more often...
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Well even if I'm correct in my assumptions that he was out getting some publicity shots taken with his broom, would he really admit to it?

Doubt it. I think the photos speak for themselves.
    Well, I do agree with you - you are making assumptions. And you know what happens when people assume...

Either way, again, your photos are awesome as always.Thanks for sharing!

• The one, the only...

Just a note of clarification to what I has said earlier. I believe that the President should be in the park, talking to guests and making sure that MC's do their jobs. He can see the big picture and notice things that MC's may over look because they are too busy to think about it.

But to go out and take a broom every time you go out into the park seems disingenuous. Matt did see thing that needed to be cleaned up, but in most occasions he directed others to start cleaning with him. He did not bring photographers with him either. Ed is president of Disneyland. If he thinks that Disneyland is too messy, he should hire more sweepers. Going out himself for a few minutes at a time would not solve the problem.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
    Or rather, damned if you do it with a photographer, and damned if you don't at all.

The photographer here is the issue. Not whether or not Ed is making a noble effort... perhaps he is - but then why the need for the camera? It seems like its all just for him to look good and earn some points so he can be on-par with CM Matt's reputation.

If Ed was just out and about, talking to CMs, helping out by picking up some trash, and seeing what guests thought of the place then this discussion wouldn't be happening. But the camera is suspicious, and after Ed's posing in the Year of a Million Dreams CM Shuttle Limo, then its kind of hard to see if Ed is being genuine considering he's being followed by a photographer.

• Creative Director

I still stand by my statement. =)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast