Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• GO DBACKS!!

Re: Best Restaurants Near DL

Quote Originally Posted by DznyFan17 View Post
    Mc Donalds......lol

but seriously theres a Mimi's Cafe on Ball Rd, I love that place.

also theres a iHop on Katella I believe
    Actually, the closest MiMi's to DL is across from the Hojo on the corner of Harbor and Manchester, south of Ball and the I-5. Good comfort food.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    Actually, the closest MiMi's to DL is across from the Hojo on the corner of Harbor and Manchester, south of Ball and the I-5. Good comfort food.
    is that the one on harbor right across from DL.?

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Great suggestions, thanks!

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Los Sanchez on West and Garden Grove.

GREAT Mexican food
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    is that the one on harbor right across from DL.?
    um, yep.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Here's my 3 choices:

Benihana on Ball road an State College. Affordable lunches

Mama Cosa's on Ball and Brookhurst. Good Italian and has that old feel.

If you like Thai Food my all time favorite is Thai BBQ on La Palma and Acacia. It's a true hole in the wall but has the best Thai food I've ever had.

Bon Appitit!
    Chad

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    If you like Thai Food my all time favorite is Thai BBQ on La Palma and Acacia. It's a true hole in the wall but has the best Thai food I've ever had.

Bon Appitit!
    Chad
    La Palma & Acacia! HA - Chad - Dude! It's our old 'stomping ground' when we were kids! Not far from our elementary school OR our Junior High.

And I think I now exactly what restaurant you mean - it's down the way from Big A Liquor, right?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I'm going to add:

Luigi's on State College and South Street in Anaheim - near Stadium

Chris & Pitt's on Euclid & Crescent in Anaheim (sort of trailer park-ish, but they have good steaks and such)

Hof's Hut on Chapman/Lewis across the street from Crystal Cathedral - right on the border of Garden Grove/Orange.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I really do like going to Hometown Buffet on Katella. It's a good place to go to get some good grub at a good price.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    La Palma & Acacia! HA - Chad - Dude! It's our old 'stomping ground' when we were kids! Not far from our elementary school OR our Junior High.

And I think I now exactly what restaurant you mean - it's down the way from Big A Liquor, right?
    Exactly Pal.

Big A Liquor, known for a man getting shot and left to bleed to death in that parking lot. Lovely Anaheim. I also always laughed at the name Big "A" liquor. What exactly does the "A" stand for?

Speaking of stomping ground, I brought my son to that great graveyard off of Sycamore & Buttonwood. He asked me if they locked the mausoleums to keep the skeletons from coming out. Nice to know the Haunted Mansion has already given my 5 year old thoughts that a graveyard should always sport a Swinging wake.

Chad

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Exactly Pal.

Big A Liquor, known for a man getting shot and left to bleed to death in that parking lot. Lovely Anaheim. I also always laughed at the name Big "A" liquor. What exactly does the "A" stand for?

Speaking of stomping ground, I brought my son to that great graveyard off of Sycamore & Buttonwood. He asked me if they locked the mausoleums to keep the skeletons from coming out. Nice to know the Haunted Mansion has already given my 5 year old thoughts that a graveyard should always sport a Swinging wake.

Chad
    Wow. I didn't know about that shooting....unless it's the same one my Uncle was involved in. My Uncle worked there in 1980 and they were held up and a gun was held up to my uncles head...and I swear someone got shot..........in fact, this all happened 15 minutes after I had been there.

That's a rough area now. I drove through about two months ago and was shocked at how rough it was. I'd never go back. There are OTHER parts of Anaheim I wouldn't mind living in, however - anything east of Lakeview.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Precisely why my family moved out. I lived there from 1975 - 1986. It was turning bad really quickly. That could very well have been the time of the shooting. I was pretty young when it happened.

I won't bash the area too much. A lot of great memories. I'm sure you have plenty as well.

Chad

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Precisely why my family moved out. I lived there from 1975 - 1986. It was turning bad really quickly. That could very well have been the time of the shooting. I was pretty young when it happened.

I won't bash the area too much. A lot of great memories. I'm sure you have plenty as well.

Chad
    Interesting - I lived there from 1974 to 1986. Yeah, I won't bash the area too much - I just drive through and remember what was.......lots of good memories.

And back to restaurants! HA

Another good restaurant near Disneyland is:

Buca di Beppo - up Harbor near Chapman at the Embassy Suites - actually in Garden Grove, but just over the border across the street from the Target.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Heck if you're going to go to Po'Folks you might as well go to Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. I haven't eaten there in years and even if the food is not as good as it once was you gotta have it. After all Walter Knott and Walt Disney were great friends.
    Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant was really good the last time I was there. I think it's hit and miss. Used to be consistenly outstanding. If you hit them on a good day-----it's fantastic!!!!!!!!

This isn't within 5 miles, but, we LOVE "Jerry's Famous Deli". http://jerrysfamousdeli.com/ If you have a rental car, it's worth the trip! They have outstanding reuben sandwiches and other deli foods.

Also, we love this hole in the wall Mexican joint called, "Tacos Mi Pueblo". They are open really late at night, and I recommend getting the items to go. We always take it back to our hotel and it's cheap eats too!

Lastly, the place we ALWAYS go to during our visits 2-3 times each trip, which IS within 5 miles is called, "La Casa Garcia". We love their Mexican food! Great prices too. http://lacasagarcia.com/about.htm

Happy eating!!
    Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 04-11-2007 at 11:14 PM.

Hof's Hut for sure and right next to Joe's Crab Shack is a Red Robin!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast