Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Wow, if sunglasses freak you out, wait until you see them with a bottle of water! It's from 2007.
    Are you talking about Disneylanders drinking on-stage or selling bottled water?

Talking Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    once looked a heartless Cast Member wearing sunglasses on the Sailing Ship Columbia. I couldn't take it anymore, I walked to him, pointed my finger, and said, "Just wait till MiceChat hears of this." I turn around, almost in tears, and walk to the front of the ship; I turned myself around and shouted at him, waterworks coming, "Thanks for ruining my experience!" I turned around and buried my face in my hand.

This sunglass problem has really gotten out of hand.
    HAHA

I nearly fell outa my chair with laughter you are Hilarious!!

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

• That Guy

First, you are the man, and I nominate this for post of the year.

Second, and most frighteningly, you cannot imagine how many people read your post and went, "Damn right, I'm glad someone brought this up." "Now I can cross this off my list of threads to start."

• Rock Star Minion

I once looked a heartless Cast Member wearing sunglasses on the Sailing Ship Columbia. I couldn't take it anymore, I walked to him, pointed my finger, and said, "Just wait till MiceChat hears of this."
    That'll fix them fer sure.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

I can't believe that some of you actually thought I was serious about this. Only a few of you figured out I was being sarcastic. My life would be extremely sad if my entire day was ruined when seeing CMs try to protect their eyes. I was trying to make a point here.
    I'm still trying to figure out the point.
    A small critique: you need to improve your sarcasming. I think you have to go a lot more over the top. I hear that T-Gel gives private tutoring.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out the point.
    A small critique: you need to improve your sarcasming. I think you have to go a lot more over the top. I hear that T-Gel gives private tutoring.
    " Sorry for my rant, I just can't stand to see these Cast Members having any sort of life inside Disneyland, except for the show."

If thats not enough to consider sarcasm to some, then maybe theres a problem.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I know you are being sarcastic. But I am totally serious. Except for prescription sunglasses which would be of any style Disney should do something a little extra for their CM's and give them properly themed sunglasses to go with their costumes.

This has nothing to do with CM's slacking, but everything to do with Disney management not caring about the guest experience.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    With the amount of sarcasm harvesting you've been doing lately you'll need waders around your computer.
    gonna hafta hire me some help!!

I can't believe that some of you actually thought I was serious about this. Only a few of you figured out I was being sarcastic. My life would be extremely sad if my entire day was ruined when seeing CMs try to protect their eyes. I was trying to make a point here.
    I believe the point that some people were making is that your point isn't a very good one. Disney has policies regarding the types of sunglasses that Disneyland hosts and hostesses are able to wear, and DisneyIPresume, whose entry in another thread you were mocking, had noticed that the policy at some locations is not being very well observed or enforced.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    I believe the point that some people were making is that your point isn't a very good one. Disney has policies regarding the types of sunglasses that Disneyland hosts and hostesses are able to wear, and DisneyIPresume, whose entry in another thread you were mocking, had noticed that the policy at some locations is not being very well observed or enforced.
    Thanks for the back up Prag. I know sunglasses are important. It is not sunglasses themselves but the style. If Disney does not issue period specific sunglasses they ought to rename Main Street to Rodeo Drive with the sunglass styles I see on the CM's.

This is not CM bashing. I want you to have your eyes protected. You shouldn't have to spend the time and money buying your own sunglasses that Disney management should be providing to you for free and as a benefit to their employees.

Yes it could be an expensive accessory when you add up all the costumes, but in reality it would save Disney lots of money because it would result in a lot less strain to the eyes and therefore cut down on some medical costs.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    HERE HERE!!!! But i say skip the period ones for TOT and have everyone wear gold aviators!
    Umm... I think aviators *are* period for Tower...

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Hmm.

Disney doesn't issue shoes or sunglasses because they want these to be personal comforts. All shoes are made differently to adjust to all variety of feet. Same with glasses. Every person's eyes are different. If someone wanted issued glasses to solve the problem of people ruining show, you also have to figure out which tint is PERFECT for everyone.

Disney tells us black frames and thats about it when it comes to glasses. I think thats a fair enough rule. As long as they aren't hot pink. In my honest opinion, people would still wear their own glasses even if disney issued free ones.

But if you find several complaints from city hall saying "My experience was ruined becuase this personw as wearing Gold aviators in tomorrowland, then I stand corrected. Then again, since when did complaints in city hall matter to a CM?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    Hmm.

Disney doesn't issue shoes or sunglasses because they want these to be personal comforts. All shoes are made differently to adjust to all variety of feet. Same with glasses. Every person's eyes are different. If someone wanted issued glasses to solve the problem of people ruining show, you also have to figure out which tint is PERFECT for everyone.

Disney tells us black frames and thats about it when it comes to glasses. I think thats a fair enough rule. As long as they aren't hot pink. In my honest opinion, people would still wear their own glasses even if disney issued free ones.

But if you find several complaints from city hall saying "My experience was ruined becuase this personw as wearing Gold aviators in tomorrowland, then I stand corrected. Then again, since when did complaints in city hall matter to a CM?
    Hmm...

Then maybe Disney should offer their CM's an option of styles specific to a certain costume? Flip flops, shorts, and tank tops are a lot more comfortable than the stiff poor fitting costumes Disney currently makes their CM's wear. Maybe they should get rid of the costumes altogether and make their CM's wear whatever they want and is most comfortable to them...

Disney does provide shoes with certain costumes. There is nothing preventing Disney from offering sunglasses, as well.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I think we should poke the eyes out of the OP with a poker so he won't have to bother seeing the abomination that is the CM's wearing sunglasses. "My eyes! My eyes!"

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast