Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 166
  1. #46

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    Hmm.

    Disney doesn't issue shoes or sunglasses because they want these to be personal comforts. All shoes are made differently to adjust to all variety of feet. Same with glasses. Every person's eyes are different. If someone wanted issued glasses to solve the problem of people ruining show, you also have to figure out which tint is PERFECT for everyone.

    Disney tells us black frames and thats about it when it comes to glasses. I think thats a fair enough rule. As long as they aren't hot pink. In my honest opinion, people would still wear their own glasses even if disney issued free ones.

    But if you find several complaints from city hall saying "My experience was ruined becuase this personw as wearing Gold aviators in tomorrowland, then I stand corrected. Then again, since when did complaints in city hall matter to a CM?
    Not to detract from the sarcasm, but they could issue vouchers - perhaps yearly of half-yearly and depending upon hourly classification - to be used at select shoe stores that Disney had made arrangements with. Cast Members could use the vouchers on Disney-acceptable styles and if they wanted more expensive ones that the vouhers covered, pay the extra amount themselves.

    But, Disney is just too cheap with CM's.

  2. #47

    • 88 mph
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA 10 miles from DL
    Posts
    808

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Maybe they should get rid of the costumes altogether and make their CM's wear whatever they want and is most comfortable to them...
    Right because if sunglasses don't fit, the whole costume fails.

    And for the shoes, i guess it depends on the department. For stores, we had to buy our own black, non-brand shoes.


    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

  3. #48

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Just around the riverbend
    Posts
    8,057

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    I'm gonna poke out my eyes after seeing this thread ...


  4. #49

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    I'm gonna poke out my eyes after seeing this thread ...
    Make sure you use an appropriately themed, Disney-approved poker.

  5. #50

    • This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Posts
    9,958

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Make sure you use an appropriately themed, Disney-approved poker.
    One that leaves a Mickey shaped or SBC logo on you. Imagine, TikiRoomLiz and the OP can have matching holes in their eyes in the shape of Mickey Mouse!

  6. #51

    •   
    • Blind to His Own Faults
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Near
    Posts
    8,045

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    I'm gonna poke out my eyes after seeing this thread ...
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Make sure you use an appropriately themed, Disney-approved poker.
    **volunteers to poke Liz's eyes out with a Mickey Mouse Pocket Knife**

  7. #52

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,571

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    But, Disney is just too cheap with CM's.
    This is where Disney is totally wrong. They just don't understand the savings in healthcare premiums for covering their employees. If a CM develops an eye condition or even a back or neck condition that could have been prevented or lessened by the simple use of sunglasses that cost is ultimately saved in lowered workers comp and other medical expenses that wind up being a lot higher than if they issued sunglasses in the first place.

    But Disney is not in the healthcare business so they will never understand things like this. And if a CM thinks that I am against sunglasses they are sorely mistaken. As I have said Disney should provdie them, or as another poster said, provide vouchers that would limit the style chosen, yet would allow the CM freedom in picking out the style they personally prefer. And of course I did say if a prescription is involved then maybe an exception could be made in such a case.

  8. #53

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Posts
    481

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    The point of this thread has nothing to do with Cast Members. It has to do with MiceChat. My point is that you guys (MiceChat) make threads complaining about the most lamest pointless things, especially when they involve Cast Member. There are far more important things to get upset about but you guys always get pissed off when you see Cast Members try to do anything remotely related to their outside lives. For instance, last summer, someone made thread complaining about the Disneyland railroad Cast Members. Keep in mind that last summer showed record high temperaturesm it was hot. One of the CMs, took off his vest and jacket to get some ventilation in him. But one of you happened to be watching and got pissed off. One MiceChatter actually started thread complaining about said CM because taking off his vest and/or jacket ruined the show and destroyed theme. What made the thread worse was that everyone agreed with him. I could not believe you guys actually got pissed off when this poor CM working in 90-100 degree weather decided to prevent getting heat stroke. Another instance is when you guys got so pissed off because they started showing hometowns on CM nametags. You guys got so angry over this small pointless issue. I remember who started that one, but I won't mention his name as he always accuses me of trolling the threads. Anyway, the poster said this was a "problem." How is it a problem when we see that Cast Members actually do have a life outside of Disneyland, not to mention it is a good conversation starter. A couple weeks ago I saw a CM with Hong Kong as her hometown. It's pretty neat to see people from around the world coming to work at Disneyland. And yet guys hated the idea if seeing where Cast Members came from. How cold-hearted is that? And now the issue is Cast Members and using cell phones. One poster (who shall remain annonymous) got pissed off because a tour guide used a cell phone to tell her lead that the group was going to be late. What else was she supposed to do? Even if she has used a walkie-talkie, the poster would still be angry because it doesn't go with theme. If I walk passed a vendor cart and no one is buying anything, then what's the big deal if a Cast Member is at least just text messaging? It's not like anyone cares (except MiceChat). Someone even got pissed off when he/she saw a Cast Member from the New Orleans Square area walking in Tomorrowland. Apparently, this CM was walking to her work station, but cut through Tomorrowland to get there, and yet you guys and mad about that. Remember, Disneyland is not built like Walt Disney World, they can't walk underground to their workstation. The backstage areas only go so far. You guys always expect these CM to be the most perfect angel, and when you guys see the slightest imbalance, you guys complain and call it a "bad CM experience." I think you guys forget that without these CMs, there wouldn't be a daily operational Disneyland. You guys don't understand the amount of work they do to serve you ungrateful people. They're the ones that push the buttons that allow you to ride an attraction. They're the ones that provide entertainment; they're the ones that make your food. They're the ones that clean up after you leave.

  9. #54

    • 88 mph
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA 10 miles from DL
    Posts
    808

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    The point of this thread has nothing to do with Cast Members. It has to do with MiceChat. My point is that you guys (MiceChat) make threads complaining about the most lamest pointless things, especially when they involve Cast Member. There are far more important things to get upset about but you guys always get pissed off when you see Cast Members try to do anything remotely related to their outside lives. For instance, last summer, someone made thread complaining about the Disneyland railroad Cast Members. Keep in mind that last summer showed record high temperaturesm it was hot. One of the CMs, took off his vest and jacket to get some ventilation in him. But one of you happened to be watching and got pissed off. One MiceChatter actually started thread complaining about said CM because taking off his vest and/or jacket ruined the show and destroyed theme. What made the thread worse was that everyone agreed with him. I could not believe you guys actually got pissed off when this poor CM working in 90-100 degree weather decided to prevent getting heat stroke. Another instance is when you guys got so pissed off because they started showing hometowns on CM nametags. You guys got so angry over this small pointless issue. I remember who started that one, but I won't mention his name as he always accuses me of trolling the threads. Anyway, the poster said this was a "problem." How is it a problem when we see that Cast Members actually do have a life outside of Disneyland, not to mention it is a good conversation starter. A couple weeks ago I saw a CM with Hong Kong as her hometown. It's pretty neat to see people from around the world coming to work at Disneyland. And yet guys hated the idea if seeing where Cast Members came from. How cold-hearted is that? And now the issue is Cast Members and using cell phones. One poster (who shall remain annonymous) got pissed off because a tour guide used a cell phone to tell her lead that the group was going to be late. What else was she supposed to do? Even if she has used a walkie-talkie, the poster would still be angry because it doesn't go with theme. If I walk passed a vendor cart and no one is buying anything, then what's the big deal if a Cast Member is at least just text messaging? It's not like anyone cares (except MiceChat). Someone even got pissed off when he/she saw a Cast Member from the New Orleans Square area walking in Tomorrowland. Apparently, this CM was walking to her work station, but cut through Tomorrowland to get there, and yet you guys and mad about that. Remember, Disneyland is not built like Walt Disney World, they can't walk underground to their workstation. The backstage areas only go so far. You guys always expect these CM to be the most perfect angel, and when you guys see the slightest imbalance, you guys complain and call it a "bad CM experience." I think you guys forget that without these CMs, there wouldn't be a daily operational Disneyland. You guys don't understand the amount of work they do to serve you ungrateful people. They're the ones that push the buttons that allow you to ride an attraction. They're the ones that provide entertainment; they're the ones that make your food. They're the ones that clean up after you leave.
    In short, micechatters like these are spoiled. We expect more because its Disney, and because the past should be the present.


    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

  10. #55

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    595

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    The shoes that Disney issues to some of its Cast are from Shoes for Crews, and are widely used in the food service industry. I purchased a pair when I worked at Pizza Hut, and use them now as a Disney Cast Member. Pizza Hut employees can get the shoes at (slightly) discounted rates; perhaps Disney can make the same sort of arrangement? Some of the shoes that Cast Members choose to wear with skirts umm... don't really work with skirts...

  11. #56

    • This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Posts
    9,958

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    I say "Cry me a river" for all those whiney babies!

  12. #57

    • Defying gravity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,345

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace View Post
    these Cast Members keep ruining my experiences?
    By wearing sunglasses?!

  13. #58

    • Rock Star Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,246

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    Ah, so you're just complaining about MiceChatters' complaining.
    Very good.
    Done to death.
    Next subject: Cast members using electronic cash registers on Main Street USA. Wha'dup wit' dat??
    At the top of the hour: Micechatters complaining about other Micechatters' complaining about other Micechatters' complaints.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

  14. #59

    • white and nerdy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I wanna bowl with the gangsters...
    Posts
    3,246

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out the point.
    A small critique: you need to improve your sarcasming. I think you have to go a lot more over the top. I hear that T-Gel gives private tutoring.
    for a hefty hefty fee.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

    "Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert





  15. #60

    • Shablagoo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    8,908

    Re: Use of Sunglasses Increasingly Becoming a Problem with the Show!

    I don't se the problem, at least in Tomorrowland. Its supposed to represent a positive, better tomorrow. I mean, a future so bright, you gotta wear shades.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 04:10 PM
  2. "Increasingly Interactive"
    By squinky in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-15-2005, 09:37 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 08:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •