Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,709

    Why oh why did they put those ODV carts back in Town Sqaure??

    Those things are so ugly and close/clog up the area. The wires that run from them are so ugly and the area around them are so dirty... GET RID OF THEM!!!!! It was so nice when they weren't there a few months ago. So clean and open looking! Hopefully a TDA executive reads this...

  2. #2

    • Disney Secrets Master
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    533
    This may sound stupid, But, ODV?
    Putting the um in forum. Um...


  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    408
    OutDoor Vending

  4. #4

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137
    out dated value?!

    or outdoor vending ...

  5. #5

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    7,773
    Obtrusive Dollar Vultures
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


    When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.


  6. #6

    • Disney Dream 10/23!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    485
    They are ugly...but they're the only ones that are open after the park closes, and too many people were complaining that they couldn't get that one last churro/tub of popcorn.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North Pole, CA
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Arilvdc
    They are ugly...but they're the only ones that are open after the park closes, and too many people were complaining that they couldn't get that one last churro/tub of popcorn.
    I want one of those with cotton candy. I'm tired of guests coming into the Candy Palace looknig for cotton candy, exasperated because they haven't seen any all day (I guess they were wearing their mouse ears over their face since the carts are every 2 feet), and it would be nice to point them somewhere, other than, 'sorry everyplace that had it is now closed....sucks to be you'
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

  8. #8

    • Resident Neuroscientist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Posts
    1,143
    Honestly, given the problems they are having with the restaurants, this is ABSOLUTELY necessary for the time being. I am sure it is a temporary fix while they try to hire 600 new CMs to fill the positions vacated recently, and this will help alleviate the 40-minute lines guests are experiencing at the counter service locations. CM Matt clearly doesn't like the ODV carts any more than most of us do, which is why they were removed in the first place, so this is certainly a decision that was made to solve the problem temporarily while they work toward a permanent fix.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!


  9. #9

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,147
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Honestly, given the problems they are having with the restaurants, this is ABSOLUTELY necessary for the time being. I am sure it is a temporary fix while they try to hire 600 new CMs to fill the positions vacated recently, and this will help alleviate the 40-minute lines guests are experiencing at the counter service locations. CM Matt clearly doesn't like the ODV carts any more than most of us do, which is why they were removed in the first place, so this is certainly a decision that was made to solve the problem temporarily while they work toward a permanent fix.
    That's what I was gonna say.


    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

  10. #10

    • Still wants to be a cat!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2.4 Miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    7,149
    There are there for THE BOB and his churro runs! LOL!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!


    - Wolfette

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Posts
    1,437
    Why do people call him CM Matt when he is Disneyland's president?

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Why do people call him CM Matt when he is Disneyland's president?
    Because he's still a cast member. DL is on a first name basis so you never call him Mr. Ouimet either.

  13. #13

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Busy at the donut store
    Posts
    6,876
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet
    I want one of those with cotton candy. I'm tired of guests coming into the Candy Palace looknig for cotton candy, exasperated because they haven't seen any all day (I guess they were wearing their mouse ears over their face since the carts are every 2 feet), and it would be nice to point them somewhere, other than, 'sorry everyplace that had it is now closed....sucks to be you'
    What we are looking for is the PINK cotton candy! Not the icky green or blue stuff. We couldn't find any of the pink on Friday night. Hey, I have standards for eating a bag of sugar!
    A signature should go here.

  14. #14

    • Rally Vixen
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Yes, it's real ;)
    Posts
    6,622
    Blog Entries
    7
    After the discussion of cotton candy on Friday night, I was tempted to have some at my nephew's bday party on Saturday. Since I told the kids they couldn't have any, I figured I would lose credibility with them if I had some. Now I neeeeed cotton candy.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.



    May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

    NO GOATS!

  15. #15

    • Resident Neuroscientist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Newseditor44
    Because he's still a cast member. DL is on a first name basis so you never call him Mr. Ouimet either.
    He also is an awesome President that you actually see in the parks, checking things out, even picking up garbage, so it seems more apropos to call him CM Matt than Harriss, who went by "Your Highness" or "Your Majesty"...what with all her stylish clothing.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Sewer gates in New Orleans Sqaure?
    By GUYNYC in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 08:39 PM
  2. ODV Carts all Pressler's idea? Not so Much!
    By Walt Jr. in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 11:43 AM
  3. Is the Pearl back in town?
    By WatchYourHeadNStep in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 04:20 PM
  4. ODV carts
    By Kevie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 01:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •