• Haunted Mansion Lover

Wink The year of a million ride closures

Easter was great at Disneyland! It our daughter's 6th birthday and she was very excited!!! We arrived at the Candy Cane Inn around 2:30, thanks to the wonderful CA traffic, and quickly checked in. I swear no matter which way we go there is a praking lot where there should be a freeway!

The crowds were light and we rode INDY before having an early dinner at the Golden Horse Shoe. There was no wait at all for the food and only one other couple in the restaurant. POTC was shut down so we went to HM and then on to Fantasyland, the Matterhorn, RRCTS and SM. Then we headed over to DCA. My daughter and I rode California Screamin for the first time (she was finally tall enough). During the ELP we went on ToT. We went back to Disneyland to ride INDY again and POTC.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...1/DSCI0110.jpg

Monday- The crowds were a little heavier than yesterday but not too bad. We started our day with breakfast at Minnie and Friends and realized that the character meals are not that special to us anymore! We went on Buzz, SM, IASW and the Fantasyland rides. The Matterhorn shut down right before we got into the bobsled. Went on BTMR and then headed to POTC which was shut down (again) so we went on HM, INDY and headed over to DCA. Our daughter has now fallen in love with Californai Screamin so we got FP and then went on Soarin. We headed over to Monsters Inc during the parade but it was shut down! We had our chicken nachos at White Water Snacks and then headed back to Disneyland. Tried to go on SM but it was shut down because someone lost their eye glasses and they had to shut the ride down to turn the lights on. We went over to INDY and when we were standing on the ramp right before the handicap gate they shut the ride down.

Tuesday- Some much needed love:
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...1/DSCI0069.jpg
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...1/DSCI0070.jpg

Rode some rides and then headed to DCA to get on California Screamin but it was (you guessed it) shut down. So we got FP and rode Monsters Inc and ToT. We rode Grizzly River Run for the first time and thought it was kind of boring. We ate at WWS again and then headed to DL. We saw Joanie Laurer (Chyna Doll) and snapped a quick photo and then off to the rides.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...1/DSCI0038.jpg

POTC was shut down again and so we went to BTMR. We were the next train to load and the ride got stuck and shut down. So we headed to Fantasyland and then onto the Matterhorn and SM. We went back to DCA to ride Screamin and then back to DL to see the fireworks. We tried to ride tender on the train but it just didn't work out this trip!

Wednesday- We were only there for 3 1/2 hours but we got on every E ticket and the Fantasyland rides before we headed out. When we were exiting Alice we won the Dream Fastpasses. Since we were leaving we gave them to a family on the way out.

It was a great trip but here is a list of the rides that were shut down during our stay:

1. POTC
    2. Space Mountain
    3. INDY
    4. Matterhorn
    5. Screamin
    6. Monsters Inc
    7. BTMR
    Foolish Mortal

Re: The year of a million ride closures

OH MY! I'm so sorry that you had terrible luck with all the rides closing! It's cool that you got to meet Chynna Doll though. I've never met a celeb and can't wait till I do!

Your daughter's precious, btw!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Add the Monorail to your list of Easter Day (actually at 11:00 pm) closures. It broke down and had to be towed into the TL Station. Thankfully, (for us) it was back up by the time we were ready to leave the Park.

• Banned User

Awesome TR!

• DL is my anti-drug.

Yep, I was there on Easter Sunday and I encountered shutdowns on Space Mountain( which i just got on the ride and it went 101, only a few minutes later and i would have been inside...Darn.) Matterhorn, Monorail, and POTC for a bit.

Throw in Splash for refurb, kind of a sad day . LOL.
    they all eventually opend back up and i got on them.

• Banned User

For three days that isn't bad. I had that many break down on me in one day.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter13 View Post
    OH MY! I'm so sorry that you had terrible luck with all the rides closing! It's cool that you got to meet Chynna Doll though. I've never met a celeb and can't wait till I do!

Your daughter's precious, btw!
    Thanks!
    Foolish Mortal