Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Did DL Ent. go back to Victorian Era???

What IS this prudness in PARADE OF DREAMS?? No bare skin/shoulders? Both Tinkerbell and Ariel wear those skin tone/lycra/bodysuits. I mean RIDICULOUS. It CANT be that cold now is it?

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Disneyland is perhaps not the place to go if you want to see half naked girls...Vegas is only a few hours away...and they certainly don't use bodysuits in those shows
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Skin

LOL So true. Disney makes it seem like showing skin is a sin punisable buy ging to disney hell I know I am gay but for those men out there that arent I think they want to see th skin

• insufferable know-it-all

I always thought it was funny when I was a kid, but I see where they're coming from: they don't want to offend anyone by exposing too much.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Disneyland is perhaps not the place to go if you want to see half naked girls...Vegas is only a few hours away...and they certainly don't use bodysuits in those shows
    how is showing their bare shoulders being half naked??? :confused: :confused:

• Rock Star Minion

It's all about complaint volume. We'll need a few thousand guests complaining about the lack of skin on young women, since there must have been too many guests complaining in the past about too much skin.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by idontneedaname
    how is showing their bare shoulders being half naked??? :confused: :confused:
    Have you looked at Ariel's costume lately? She wears seashells and it otherwise naked. That is half naked to me, even with the caudal fin pants...

Again, if you are that hard up to see some women showing some skin, there is always Vegas or...the internet. Or that painting on Pirates...most parents probably don't want their 4-year olds seeing the Playboy Bunnies on the Parade of Dreams...I don't think it is a parade about THOSE dreams...maybe Universal can do something like that?
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Defeats the Huns

Wow... I already feel the Parade of Dreams might be a little too scandalous.
    I think Tink and Ariel's costumes are befitting that they have those nude suit on. And have you seen the Wave and Pearl girls' costumes? They're quite "sexy" with their short skirts. And the flying birds don't have much on either. And the animals are just wearing a full on leotard. The guys in the Lion King unit are wearing a leotard except for those little grass skirt things. I wouldn't really say that the POD is from the Victorian Era (hahah by the way) at all! If anything, Block Party covers up more than POD!

• Who's your DaddyB?

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Have you looked at Ariel's costume lately? She wears seashells and it otherwise naked. That is half naked to me, even with the caudal fin pants...

Again, if you are that hard up to see some women showing some skin, there is always Vegas or...the internet. Or that painting on Pirates...most parents probably don't want their 4-year olds seeing the Playboy Bunnies on the Parade of Dreams...I don't think it is a parade about THOSE dreams...maybe Universal can do something like that?
    whoa, whoa, whoa...

Perhaps you're forgetting that Disney DID bring a little Vegas
    to us with the new Parade of Dreams...

But I gotta' admit I really only notice the bodysuits after I've taken the
    pictures. I really don't notice them when I'm just watching the parade.
    Nor do I usually notice the microphone headsets:

---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Hooterville, USA

It's rated "G" for everyone. That's the way it should be.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Disneyland Freak

You'd think the meet and greet with Ariel then would always have her body sweater on since she's actually in contact with guests but only when it's cold does meet and greet Ariel go from bra to sweater.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Disney means "G-Rated" and the body suits maintain that image. They also guarantee the impossibility of accidents. Can you imagine if Ariel had a "Janet Jackson" moment during a parade? (Although I'm sure there would be plenty of guys watching the float bounce down Main Street thinking, "Oh, please! Oh, please! Oh, please!")
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Quote Originally Posted by hilsbro
    LOL So true. Disney makes it seem like showing skin is a sin punisable buy ging to disney hell I know I am gay but for those men out there that arent I think they want to see th skin
    OK, I've got to say that the thought that any men, straight or gay, going to Disneyland to see "skin", or that they get upset if they don't get to see it, completely creeps me out! What kind of a park do you think this is, anyway?!?

Next time I see a Spearment Rhino billboard I'll write down the phone number for you.
    Last edited by speederscout; 06-13-2005 at 09:28 AM. Reason: grammar

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    The most skin in a parade that I can recall was Tarzan's,
    no complaints.

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Disney means "G-Rated" and the body suits maintain that image. They also guarantee the impossibility of accidents. Can you imagine if Ariel had a "Janet Jackson" moment during a parade? (Although I'm sure there would be plenty of guys watching the float bounce down Main Street thinking, "Oh, please! Oh, please! Oh, please!")
    Have you seen non body-sweater Ariel? It's almost impossible for a Janet Jackson incident to happen accidently. The bra is more like a halter top with the shells sewed on.

And just cuz I love any shot of Ariel with a dinglehopper...
    Last edited by dlfreak; 06-13-2005 at 09:59 AM.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast