• Minion

Random AP Question

Ok, pretend you have an extra $359 laying around and you already have an AP (I don't have either, but just wondering about this!) Can you go to the store and buy a pass and keep it for a while and then when prices jump, turn it in and get the pass or would you have to pay to upgrade or do you lose the money all together? If I had the money, I would do this if it was possible!

• Down Pluto!

Re: Random AP Question

It is my understanding that from date of purchase you only have a set amount of time to activate the AP.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

All AP vouchers have an expiration date, if you buy a voucher at the Ticket Booths or online, the date on the voucher is about 3 months after purchase - for example, if you bought the AP voucher today, it would expire July 31st, 2007. The Vouchers they sell at the Disney Store is a "gift card" so that has an expiration date of January 2008 (and the best choice if you want to try and prevent a price increase.

Disney's policy is that if you try and use the voucher after the expiration date, they will give you full credit for the amount paid towards an AP, but you would have to pay any amount of the price increase, if needed.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• It's all nonsense

Mine's up for renewal next month. If you really don't know what to do with that extra cash, I'll be more than willing to help take it off your hands

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I'd say throw the cash in your savings account and get a little interest out of it and when you want to get the AP then take it out.

"The Vouchers they sell at the Disney Store is a "gift card" so that has an expiration date of January 2008 (and the best choice if you want to try and prevent a price increase."

Db,

If it's a "gift card" then wouldn't it be simply viewed as cash by Disney? In other words, it has a denomination of $350.00 and if the "product" (AP in this case) is $379.00 when you purchase it, then you owe the additional $29.00. Or, is it sold as a "gift card" - for the exclusive purchase of only a Premium Annual Pass?

gg

I purchased a premium AP in September of 2005 for $349, planning on going in December 2005. The voucher stated that it expired 12/5/05. A family emergency came up and I was unable to go then. I was terrifed that I was going to be out of luck, so I called several times to see what my options were and always got the same answer.--The voucher I have is worth the amount I paid for it.--

I got to go in December 2006. Prices had increased by $10, but when I tried to hand it to the cast member, she told there would be no upcharge. My voucher was for a premium pass and that was what I was going to get.

I don't know if she was just being nice or what. I would've gladly paid the additional $10 to get the pass. So, while I still believe that the policy is that vouchers are worth the amount they were originally paid for, maybe Disney is willing to look the other way when the difference in price is minimal.

Now I am confused, My mom and I are planning a two week trip in August with a return in Setptember for two days. We are planning on getting annual passes as it will be cheaper. Does it work differently than what it says on the web site as to how it is used. What are these vouchers you all are talking about. Help

When I purchased my annual pass online, then sent me, by mail, a voucher to take to the passholder center the next time I went to the park. It allows you to get through the gate, but you have to pick up your pass that day.

If you opt for basic mail delivery, they tell you that it will come in an unmarked envelope, and believe them! A friend of mine threw her family's tickets away because she thought it was junk mail!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Mine's up for renewal next month. If you really don't know what to do with that extra cash, I'll be more than willing to help take it off your hands
    I wish I had the cash to do it! Highly considering the Socal pass and upgrading to deluxe or premium if I am able to save up the money! If I win the lotto, I will buy u a PAP... lol