Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: 04.11.07 -- Steakhouse 55 Photos & Review, Fantasy Waters

Sunday Night there were chains at the to of the path, then further down the path was a padlocked gate.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by Kath2188 View Post
    Ah, but in my ever so humble opinion the better steak (and better price) can be had at Hook's Pointe, in DLH next to the Lost Boy Bar, where they actually do mesquite grilling. This goes for all their food, including fish, pork etc...I have had many a good meal at Hook's Pointe...just my own plug for another great Disneyland Hotel Restaurant!
    I worked primarily at Hook's and it is by far the best dining value at the resort when you factor price, portion, food quality, menu selection, ambiance, and service (the BEST). If you haven't tried it yet, please do!

Quote Originally Posted by Hook's Pointe View Post
    I worked primarily at Hook's and it is by far the best dining value at the resort when you factor price, portion, food quality, menu selection, ambiance, and service (the BEST). If you haven't tried it yet, please do!
    I agree! I've been frequenting the DLH since about 1990 and it was only about a year ago that I finally tried Hook's Pointe. I was so impressed! It has got to be the most underrated and unknown restaurant in the world. I recommend it highly; I think I even started a thread on this when I returned from my trip (but it might have been on another board). I think it's one of the few DLR restaurants that could stand as good restaurants aside from being in the resort, and I don't even consider Blue Bayou to be one of those. Plus it is very reasonably priced for its quality and location.

that's good to know...I will going to hookes pointe

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Took my mother and family to Steakhouse 55 this evening so here's a quick photo report and review.

I made reservations through Disney Dining hotline and had no problem getting a table for 4 people at 6:30pm. We were seated promptly at the table with the photo of Cary Grant and Eva Gardner(?).

I never got our server's name but he was polite, but a bit on the slow and forgetful side... only checking up on us after we recieved our meals and never while we were waiting. Diet Coke refills were also not checked up on and were forgotten about twice even after requesting.

Onto the food.

Here's a menu...

Here's a lamp.

My mother got the special of the day, which is a small filet mignon with two prawns. It's a very small dish and I was unimpressed with how little food was on there. The bottom right is the side of Brocolli that's on the menu.

Here's my 14oz New York Steak $34, Medium Rare, delicious! And the potato stack that I love.

My mother and I shared this Berry dessert that was $10.

My brother and dad got the Prix Frix dinner, which includes a caesar salad, 4oz new york steak, and a small portion of their smashed potatoes. (note: this is not the caesar salad.. just garnish)

For only $29, the prix-frixe dinner also includes an Apple Tart dessert. It's actually larger than it looks.

The special of the day was priced in the mid $30 range and not worth it. I thought my steak was really good, but the Prix-Frixe meal is definitely the most bang for your buck.

Even though the food took a while to arrive, and service a bit on the slow side, it was still an enjoyable experience.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• ap holder

i agree i love all these food posts. :] now thanks for convincing me to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    Oooh, I love dining reports! Especially when they come with pictures. LOL! That parm-layered potato thing looks totally yum-o. I'm hungry now. Thank for sharing your trip report!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

My brother and dad got the Prix Frix dinner, which includes a caesar salad, 4oz new york steak, and a small portion of their smashed potatoes. (note: this is not the caesar salad.. just garnish)

When I was there we used to serve a half portion of the gratin potatoes on the prix fixe as opposed to the yukon mash. Garnish is watercress with red onion and bacon bits.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345